Recommended Reading: July 2011 AD.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scotth1960

Every Christian library should have these books

1. Gillquist, Peter E. (1992). Becoming Orthodox: A Journey to the Ancient Christian Faith.
Revised and Expanded Edition. Ben Lomond, CA: Conciliar Press.

2. Saint Photios. (1987). The Mystagogy of the Holy Spirit. Joseph P. Farrell, translator.
Brookline, MA: Holy Cross Orthodox Press.

3. Saint Photios. (1983). On the Mystagogy of the Holy Spirit. Holy Transfiguration Monastery, translators. Boston, MA: Studion Publishers.

4. Holy Apostles Convent. (1990). The Lives of the Pillars of Orthodoxy: Saint Photios, Saint Gregory Palamas, Saint Mark of Ephesus. Buena Vista, CO: Holy Apostles Convent and Dormition Skete.

5. Siecienski, A. Edward. (2010). The Filioque: History of A Doctrinal Controversy.
New York: Oxford University Press.

6. Orthodox New Testament. 2 vols. Vol. 1, Evangelistarion, The Holy Gospels. Vol. 2, Praxapostolos, Acts, Epistles, Revelation. Buena Vista, CO: Holy Apostles Convent, 2000.

7. Orthodox Study Bible. Fr. Jack Norman Sparks, Ph.D., Dean, editor. Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Bibles, Copyright 2008, Saint Athanasius Academy of Orthodox Theology, Elk Grove, CA.

8. Against Those Who Are Unwilling to Confess that the Holy Virgin Is Theotokos. Saint Cyril of Alexandria. Patristic and Ecclesiastical Texts and Translations I. Protopresbyter George DIon. Dragas, translator. Rollinsford, NH: Orthodox Research Institute, 2004.
Orthodox Research Institute

9. Protopresbyter John Romanides. An Outline of Orthodox Patristic Dogmatics. Epitomos Orthodoxos Paterike Dogmatike. In English and in Greek. Rollinsford, NH: Orthodox Research Institute, 2004.

10. Gillquist, Peter E. (1979). The Physical Side of Being Spiritual. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Publishing House.

11. Gillquist, Peter E. (1978). Love Is Now. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Publishing House.

12. Carlton, Clark. (1997). The Faith: Understanding Orthodox Christianity: An Orthodox Catechism. Salisbury, MA: Regina Orthodox Press.

13. Schaeffer, Frank. (2002). Dancing Alone: The Quest for Orthodox Faith in the Age of False Religions. Salisbury, MA: Regina Orthodox Press.

14. Romanides, John S. (1982). Franks, Romans, Feudalism, and Doctrine: An Interplay Between Theology and Society. Brookline, MA: Holy Cross Orthodox Press.

15. Gillquist, Fr. Peter E. (1984). Making America Orthodox. Brookline, MA: Holy Cross Orthodox Press.

God bless the Orthodox Church: God bless America. God bless you and me, all of us, in Christ Jesus: LORD have mercy. Amen.

In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

L

Laodicea

1) Bible (KJV)
2) Strong's Concordance

S

Scotth1960

1) Bible (KJV)
2) Strong's Concordance
KJV. Heretical in Hebrews 6:6. Says the word "if", which is lacking in the original Greek. Hebrews 6:6 is correctly translated in the NASB. Also heretical is the KJV in its term "Holy Ghost". A ghost is the spirit of a dead man. The King James translators got this term wrong sometimes; sometimes they translate the term pneuma "Spirit" and sometimes "Ghost", so they are quite inconsistent and contradictory here. It should only and always be translated as "Holy Spirit". "Holy Ghost" is heretical.
Also, some versions of the KJV lack the full Deuterocanon, so the KJV is a partially false Bible.

Mar 2, 2010
KJV. Heretical in Hebrews 6:6. Says the word "if", which is lacking in the original Greek. Hebrews 6:6 is correctly translated in the NASB. Also heretical is the KJV in its term "Holy Ghost". A ghost is the spirit of a dead man. The King James translators got this term wrong sometimes; sometimes they translate the term pneuma "Spirit" and sometimes "Ghost", so they are quite inconsistent and contradictory here. It should only and always be translated as "Holy Spirit". "Holy Ghost" is heretical.
Also, some versions of the KJV lack the full Deuterocanon, so the KJV is a partially false Bible.
Nevertheless, your list consisted of books by men. Lao's list has the only book from God.

S

Scotth1960

Nevertheless, your list consisted of books by men. Lao's list has the only book from God.
Pardon me. That's incorrect. Lao's list has the KJV. The King James version is from men, the men who translated the KJV. Not from God in exactly the same sense as the original Bible. Only the original Greek Bible is from unequivocally God.
They also used a Hebrew text for the Old Testament, and that is another mistake. They should have used the Septuagint Greek LXX Old Testament. With its full canon. So. Laodicea's list is also books by men.
Actually, all books are by men, even the Bible. Men of God that is: "holy men of God" (2 Peter 1:21 NKJV). The men who wrote the books in my list are holy men of God.
The KJV is partially from God, but not completely divinely inspired. Only the original Bible is without errors.

Mar 2, 2010
Pardon me. That's incorrect. Lao's list has the KJV. The King James version is from men, the men who translated the KJV. Not from God in exactly the same sense as the original Bible. Only the original Greek Bible is from unequivocally God.
They also used a Hebrew text for the Old Testament, and that is another mistake. They should have used the Septuagint Greek LXX Old Testament. With its full canon. So. Laodicea's list is also books by men.
Actually, all books are by men, even the Bible. Men of God that is: "holy men of God" (2 Peter 1:21 NKJV). The men who wrote the books in my list are holy men of God.
The KJV is partially from God, but not completely divinely inspired. Only the original Bible is without errors.
I was refering to the Bible in general, not the KJV (which I don't use). And I didn't say God wrote the Bible , I said it was "from God".

S

Scotth1960

I was refering to the Bible in general, not the KJV (which I don't use). And I didn't say God wrote the Bible , I said it was "from God".
I didn't say that you said God wrote the Bible.