Reconnecting with God*

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EndlessGrace

I have found that on my walk with Christ I often "fall asleep" meaning that I'll pray & open my Bible less often, and slowly but surely my focus shifts from him to me. And it's not something that happens because I'm too selfish to serve Him... I feel as though my spiritual life takes a back seat to the business of day to day responsibilites. By the time I stop and think about how far I've strayed I am no longer bold in His presence. I almost feel ashamed. Any thoughts would help. :)

A

Abiding

I have found that on my walk with Christ I often "fall asleep" meaning that I'll pray & open my Bible less often, and slowly but surely my focus shifts from him to me. And it's not something that happens because I'm too selfish to serve Him... I feel as though my spiritual life takes a back seat to the business of day to day responsibilites. By the time I stop and think about how far I've strayed I am no longer bold in His presence. I almost feel ashamed. Any thoughts would help. :)
Me too, and ive let it just stay like that also. Sooner or later i will do what has always worked in the past
for me is reread one of many books I have read several times....for instance anything from Andrew Murray
And like David said Lord restore in me the joy of my salvation...it happens. Revelations says that they left
their first love, or became apathetic.....sooner or later we have to do this...why not sooner?

The fault is never from His end is whats so great...why stay dry? The flesh is an awful feeling once we have
experienced the joy of His Spirit. I know Hes waiting and you will be rewarded :)

Oh and by the way Jesus rebuke and warning to the church in revelation were great in most every way
especially in the work they were doing. Hmm