Redemption

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 24, 2010
This thread is only for the redeemed, whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life through the blood of the Lamb. What is the redemption that we have according to (Eph 1:6,7) and hhoe does that redemption effect out eternity...

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

A

AnandaHya

are we discussing imputation of Jesus righteousness and propiation of sins? or do I have that out of order? its been a long day.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
This thread is only for the redeemed, whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life through the blood of the Lamb. What is the redemption that we have according to (Eph 1:6,7) and hhoe does that redemption effect out eternity...

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
Ephesians 1
Greeting
1Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,

To the saints who are in Ephesus, and are faithfula in Christ Jesus:

2Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Spiritual Blessings in Christ
3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, 4even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love 5he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, 6to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. 7In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, 8which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight 9making knownc to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ 10as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.

11In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, 12so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. 13In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

~

i'll start with the guarantee we receive, By Grace through Faith, all gifts:

13In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

good thread me thinks redster...

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Can i come in and party too?
I haz been redeemed. :D

I...........well, nevermind. I will hold the smartie pants comment for later.

A

Abiding

Born Again to a Living Hope
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, 5 who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 8 Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, 9 obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

He is keeping a place for me in heaven.....and He is keeping me for that place.

A

Abiding

Can i come in and party too?
I haz been redeemed. :D

I...........well, nevermind. I will hold the smartie pants comment for later.
Oh ...come on..PLEASE!

zone

Jun 13, 2010
imma import Ma's verse from another thread (ok Ma?)
its just so right.

1 Corinthians 2:9
However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"

Jun 24, 2010
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, 5 who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 8 Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, 9 obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

What an overview of eternal redemption, the one that was obtained for us (Heb 9:12). Just to be able to comprehend this by faith in the grace of God and to be given all this through redemption, freely, when we believed.

any comments...

Titus 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a *peculiar people, zealous of good works. * a people selected for His own possession

The word for redeem is lutroo, meaning to be released and liberated or being bought back through a payment of ransom. And this ransom redeemed us from ALL iniquity, which is all the contempt and violation we had against the authority of God's law.

S

silverwind

redeemed: repurchased.
In other words, lost forever without the love and grace extended to us through his sacrifice. We were His before sin and satan's after sin. You could say "God lost us by our own disobedience but made a way to redeem us back" .. that's how MUCH he loved/loves us. That is Christ's glory.
I hope this made sense :) but that's how I see the meaning of those verses.

SW

U

unclefester

This is just an awesome thing to ponder. Gives me the chills ......and makes me want to read 1 Peter. Wow :)