Reflection and Illness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jhaymee

Hi all.. My name is Jaime.

I have been struggling with illnesses pretty much my whole life (stomach problems)... However, going on 3 years now, I have been at my worst. And it's not just stomach problems anymore.. It's much more than that. My life is just plain horrible and I wish there was a way I could change it, but sadly, there's not. I try to be as positive as I can but at this point.. I'm just tired and to be honest, I wish I could give up. And people don't understand that.

When a person has been ill for a very long time, they tend to reflect very deeply on their past. I'm at this point.. All of the bad things that I've done, even the things I didn't know was bad.. I feel immensely bad for.Even the small stuff.. Like an argument or accidentally breaking someone's stuff. I have asked God for forgiveness several times. But I still feel bad. I feel like I have ruined my life, I am a horrible person, and that I have failed God and my family. I know this might not be the case but I can't help but feel that way. This year has been the worst with it. I have been depressed and going through mood swings. My mother wanted to take me to the hospital to me some kids in the same condition as me, hoping that I can make some friends there to help with the sadness.. I just need some advice.

For the sake of your eyes I didn't go int details that people might not care about.. But if you DO however have questions.. PLEASE DO ASK. Thank you.

Aug 29, 2012
confess, leave that past life at Jesus' feet, every time you start to take back ownership of that past, place it back at His feet. don't beat yourself up over your past, Satan will do that for you. and when you feel overcome, just remember the words of Satan are lies in our ears. "For there is NO CONDEMNATION" for you as a child of Jesus'. (I think that was my lesson to myself about a month ago!)

as for our physical ailments, God can use them to open doors for witnessing you never would have thought of. God can use them to keep you humble and your dependence upon Him. then again, He might heal you in His own time, when it bears the greatest witness to the non-believers around you.

and I will pray for you as well brother.

E

EnaGoguette

Jesus says to give all your burdens over to Him, for He cares about you {1 Peters 5:7}. Hi Jaime, and I think I know how you feel, although no one can know how you feel except our God. He knows your situation, and your trials in life. I'm 14 too, and I feel like I can relate. I've done wrong in the past, I'm not perfect, but it's my past that helps me become stronger in life, and please, It's JESUS who strengthens me {Phil. 4:13}. It's ok to feel this way, just pray. All prayer is, is simply talking to God, someone who'll let you do most of the talking. By the time your done, you'll probably feel new. We just face so many issues in life, and we just need some tissues and someone's shoulder to cry on, well, God's here to take care of you, and He's got your back. Trust Him, and He will heal you, on the inside and out. God bless you, sister in Christ. <3 ^^

Last edited: