REFLEXOLOGY

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

epostle

Oct 24, 2015
Hi.
I am a registered (certified) reflexologist. Before I go any further, reflexology has been developed by health care professionals, it has nothing to do with New Age weirdisms. The problem is a lot of my colleagues are new agers and it doesn't help professional advancement one bit.
Now...what is reflexology?​

Reflexology is a natural non-invasive healing art that is based on the principle that there are reflexes in the feet well as the hands and ears that correspond to every part of the body.

There is virtually a ‘mini-map’ of the body on the feet with the toes representing the head, the ball of the foot- the chest area, the soft part of the foot- the internal organs and the heel of the foot, the pelvic region in our body.

By working these reflexes using specific pressure techniques, Reflexology helps promote natural functioning of the body systems and allows the body to heal itself.

coloured diagram.jpg

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Researchshows that a single session:[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Creates relaxation, reduces anxiety diminishes pain improves blood flow to the kidneys, intestines, brain and feet[/FONT]​
  2. [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Decreases heart rate and blood pressure[/FONT]​
  3. [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Increases oxygen saturation and lowers respiratory rate[/FONT]​

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Researchshows that a series of reflexology sessions:[/FONT]​
  1. [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Improves the functioning of the kidneys (waste product removal, anemia prevention, infection fighting)[/FONT]​
  2. [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Impacts the digestive system of healthy individuals and relieves constipation in children, women, and the elderly[/FONT]​
  3. [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Eases difficult urination for men and incontinence in women[/FONT]​
  4. [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Eases PMS and menopause for women and prostrate problems for men[/FONT]​
  5. [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Improves workings of the immune system[/FONT]​

Mom's can learn to work on their babies.

[video=youtube;euRolKyDHTc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euRolKyDHTc[/video]

follow this thread for more information

B

biblicalsandy

Hi.
I am a registered (certified) reflexologist. Before I go any further, reflexology has been developed by health care professionals, it has nothing to do with New Age weirdisms. The problem is a lot of my colleagues are new agers and it doesn't help professional advancement one bit.
Now...what is reflexology?​

Reflexology is a natural non-invasive healing art that is based on the principle that there are reflexes in the feet well as the hands and ears that correspond to every part of the body.

There is virtually a ‘mini-map’ of the body on the feet with the toes representing the head, the ball of the foot- the chest area, the soft part of the foot- the internal organs and the heel of the foot, the pelvic region in our body.

By working these reflexes using specific pressure techniques, Reflexology helps promote natural functioning of the body systems and allows the body to heal itself.

View attachment 140224

Researchshows that a single session:

1. Creates relaxation, reduces anxiety diminishes pain improves blood flow to the kidneys, intestines, brain and feet
  2. Decreases heart rate and blood pressure
  3. Increases oxygen saturation and lowers respiratory rate

Researchshows that a series of reflexology sessions:

1. Improves the functioning of the kidneys (waste product removal, anemia prevention, infection fighting)
  2. Impacts the digestive system of healthy individuals and relieves constipation in children, women, and the elderly
  3. Eases difficult urination for men and incontinence in women
  4. Eases PMS and menopause for women and prostrate problems for men
  5. Improves workings of the immune system

Mom's can learn to work on their babies.

[video=youtube;euRolKyDHTc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euRolKyDHTc[/video]

follow this thread for more information
Thank you, I know this to be true. My rub my husband's feet with topical oils..mostly hyssop, and rosemary. I am into researching more about it, as I have had past experiences with it done to me...and seen great results!

epostle

Oct 24, 2015
I envy your husband!
I get even better results when I combine reflexology with essential oils. I'm going to open a thread on that topic when I get time. I have lots of resources to draw on for both topics.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I have a pair of acupressure (reflexology) sandals.. they're nice.. :)

epostle

Oct 24, 2015
[h=3]Top 10 things reflexologycan do that medicine can't[/h]1. Research shows that reflexology work alleviates and, at times,eliminates phantom limb pain.
2. Reflexology is beneficial for post-partum women including issuessuch as Anxiety and depression and recovery from Cesarean section.
3. Research shows that reflexology work reduces physiologic measuresfor diabetics and is an effective treatment for type II diabetesmellitus. Circulation to the feet is improved also.
4. Thirteen studies from seven countries (US, Italy, Japan, China,Switzerland, Korea, United Kingdom) target cancer care and show thebenefits of reflexology work including anxiety, depression, fatigue,pain, nausea, and vomiting.
5. Neuropathy Research shows improvement in blood flow rate, time andacceleration within the feet following reflexology work
6. Research shows that reflexology work helps individuals undergoinghemodialysis: Improves the kidney’s functions with changes inphysiologic measures: an increase in red blood cells (to combatanemia concerns), increase in lymphocytes (to help fight infection),and enhances disposal of waste products.
7. Reflexology programs and research shows that reflexology aids thementally ill, providing needed benefits unique to reflexology work.Mental health workers report that reflexology work furnishes manyadvantages including facilitating communication
8. Victims of post traumatic stress syndrome experienced relief fromsymptoms including anger, depression and muscle tension as well asimproved sleep patterns, levels of concentration and a lift inoverall mood.
9. Measures of stress such as blood pressure, pulse rate andself-reported anxiety are significantly decreased or lowered.
The last point came from a client. He said, “When I go to thedoctor I don't know what the outcome will be. But when I see you Iget a feeling of well being and that is what I paid for.”

Reflexology does not replace competent medical care. If you havea condition, see your doctor first before going to any complementarytherapist.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Reflexologists Do Not:[/FONT]

1. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Diagnose medical conditions unless qualified to do so.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Prescribe medications unless qualified to do so.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Treat for specific conditions except in emergencies.[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Work in opposition to the medical or other fields.[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Encourage the client to cease taking their prescribed medication.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Reflexologists do not diagnose medical conditions unless qualified to do so. The only diagnosis made is a "tender reflex." A reflexologist will refer to other qualified health care practitioners when services required are outside the reflexologist's scope of practice.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica] Similarly, reflexologists do not prescribe medications unless qualified to do so. The therapeutic intervention is limited to "working the reflexes." [/FONT]

Feb 7, 2015
I live in St. Petersburg, so of course, I have done the Reflexology thing. But, it really never seemed to be of benefit to me.

epostle

Oct 24, 2015
I live in St. Petersburg, so of course, I have done the Reflexology thing. But, it really never seemed to be of benefit to me.
It happens. My son had the same "0" reaction, he thought I was nuts. There are possible explanations:
- Your body was on a very good point on the homeostasis spectrum; none of the reflex points showed blockage so you never needed it to begin with.
- The reflexologist didn't know what they were doing.
- You actually did benefit, but weren't aware of it. Not everybody has the same body awareness.

Questions I ask in a follow up is: "How well did you sleep last night?" and, "Do you have more energy now than before the session?" Some people don't make the connection of the session with improvements.

Willie, no doubt there are a few people with a physiology like yours who don't seem to have any benefits, but there are millions that do.

C

CarolSampaio

I LOVE reflexology... I'm all for it... it is wonderful and it feels wonderful!!

If I could, I would do it every week...*.*

D

didymos

Hi.
I am a registered (certified) reflexologist. Before I go any further, reflexology has been developed by health care professionals, it has nothing to do with New Age weirdisms...
... but with no scientific basis whatsoever either, so technically stll quackery.

C

CarolSampaio

so does smoking pot ;)
Never did it... so I can't say anything about that... and I've been to Jamaica... even went to Bob Marley's house... :D

So I'll just stick with reflexology!! :)

D

didymos

Never did it... so I can't say anything about that... and I've been to Jamaica... even went to Bob Marley's house... :D

So I'll just stick with reflexology!! :)

If you wanna throw your money away on mambo jambo go right ahead.

C

CarolSampaio

If you wanna throw your money away on mambo jambo go right ahead.
Didymos... understand this...

I'm a girl... I like to be pampered...

So I enjoy reflexogy, shiatsu, lymphatic drainage, massages in general, just as much as I love getting my nails done... so yeah... I do spend my money on all this mambo jambo... ;)

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
Sorry, l'm not sure if this applies here?
Everytime l watch reality TV, l can't control my gag reflex.

Is there anything that can help this......is it even possible?

May 25, 2015
I thought this was how to train your gag reflexes.

Oh, how I was wrong.

Feb 7, 2015
It happens. My son had the same "0" reaction, he thought I was nuts. There are possible explanations:
- Your body was on a very good point on the homeostasis spectrum; none of the reflex points showed blockage so you never needed it to begin with.
- The reflexologist didn't know what they were doing.
- You actually did benefit, but weren't aware of it. Not everybody has the same body awareness.

Questions I ask in a follow up is: "How well did you sleep last night?" and, "Do you have more energy now than before the session?" Some people don't make the connection of the session with improvements.

Willie, no doubt there are a few people with a physiology like yours who don't seem to have any benefits, but there are millions that do.
Well, the practitioner was Eunice's grandson, so I imagine he knew what he was doing.
I got no relief from anything with acupuncture either.
About the only thing that seems to work for me is Chiropractic and Deep Tissue Massage.

epostle

Oct 24, 2015
... but with no scientific basis whatsoever either, so technically stll quackery.
Randomized Controlled Study of Prementrual Symptoms Treated With Ear, Hand and Foot Reflexology
published in Obstetrics and Gynecology supervised by Terry Oleson, Ph.D.
http://reflexologyresearch.net/RWSFullPublishedStudy.pdf

380 Reflexology Research Studies Listed by Category:

The most complete collection of Reflexology Research Studies from around the world
Click on various categories that might be related to your area or interest.
Reflexology Research | Reflexology Research Studies

The Nursing Standard:
Does reflexology impact on cancer patients’ quality of life?
An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Europe PubMed Central:
The effects of foot reflexology on nausea, vomiting and fatigue of breast cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy
[The effects of foot reflexology on nausea, vomiting and fatigue of breast cancer patients... - Abstract - Europe PubMed Central

Foot Reflexology and Recent fMRI Research
Reflexrihs Foot Reflexology and Recent fMRI Research

Scientists Use Functional MRI to Validate Reflexology Tenets

This list is by no means exhaustive.

epostle

Oct 24, 2015
Sorry, l'm not sure if this applies here?
Everytime l watch reality TV, l can't control my gag reflex.

Is there anything that can help this......is it even possible?
I have the same condition. Change the channel, or turn off your tv and spend the time reading your bible.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
i thot to vsit this thread sometime, but found it agen only now. However, i need my glasses and must just return to bed.