Refreshing Water

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

von1

Apr 22, 2010
I worked outdoors and sweat alot inorder to keep body hydrated; i drink water. Every where we look we can find water oceans, rivers, lakes. 71% of the earth is made up of water. All living things needs water inorder to live. The water we drink has chemicals added to make it safe to drank. The best water we can have is the water that Jesus' offers to us. The pure natural living water with no chenicals added. The taste of his water we never thirst again. Taste it and see how you feel.

John 7:37-38

37 On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. 38 Whoever believes in me, as[a] the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.”

C

crystalco

AMEN VON1!! to never thirst again, THANK you Jesus! and someday my friends we will be drinking from the springs of living water!

Jun 1, 2011
There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.
(For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)
Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.
Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.
The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?
Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?
Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
( John 4:7-14 )

Last edited:
J

jkalyna

:) GOING FOR A COLD DRINK OF WATER NOW. YES IT'S AMAZING HOW THE HUMAN BODY IS. WE HAVE THE ELEMENTS OF THE EARTH WITHIN US. OUR TEARS HAVE THE SAME ELEMENTS OF THE OCEAN. HAVE YOU EVER CRIED, AND TASTED THE SALTY TEARS, AND WENT INTO THE OCEAN AND GOT SOME OF THE WATER IN OUR NOSE, SAME THING. I THINK WHEN THE LORD CREATED US, HE USED A SOME OCEAN WATER, FOR THE TEARS ANYWAY. WHAT POWER THE LORD GOD HAS, JUST LOOK AT THE HIGHEST MOUNTAIN AND DO YOU KNOW HOW HEAVY ALL THESE MOUNTAINS ARE? I BOUGHT A LITTLE PIECE OF SLATE FROM A MOUNTAIN, NOT EVEN AN INCH THICK ABOUT 12 SQUARE, BUT HEAVEY, ALMOST 3 LBS. ALL THIS SITS ON THE EARTH, AND IT IS HELD BY THE MIGHT OF THE LORD GOD'S WORDS. THERE IS NOTHING IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD.

R

Rickee

I worked outdoors and sweat alot inorder to keep body hydrated; i drink water. Every where we look we can find water oceans, rivers, lakes. 71% of the earth is made up of water. All living things needs water inorder to live. The water we drink has chemicals added to make it safe to drank. The best water we can have is the water that Jesus' offers to us. The pure natural living water with no chenicals added. The taste of his water we never thirst again. Taste it and see how you feel.

John 7:37-38

37 On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. 38 Whoever believes in me, as[a] the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.”

The " Living Water" is his Spirit within us, not H2O

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
38 Whoever believes in me, as[a] the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.”

[/quote]

What I love about this portion of scripture, is that living streams of water will flow out of us.
This is telling when one considers that no stain of sin, nothing evil can ever take up place in us, for these ever flowing waters will wash it away before it can. :)
Thankyou Jesus! :)

God bless
pickles

B

Beloved57

I have been wondering if maybe Jeremiah 17:13; is a related prophecy to this passage. For we read in John 7:2, it is the Feast of Tabernacles, and in verse 37, we are told it is the last day of the feast. Since Jewish days begin and end at sunset, that night the seven day feast would end so every man when to his own house (John 7:53--Leviticus 23:41-42), the next day, Jesus would have come to the Temple to celebrate Shemini Atzeret and Simchat Torah (not sure if I spelled these correct), which is described in Leviticus 27:36b; Numbers 29:35.

To me, Jesus is offering us the Living Water of the Holy Spirit here (John 7:39). In John 8:1-11, we see the Jewish leaders rejecting this Water. So here is what I think Jesus wrote in the ground the first time (John 8:6):

O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from Me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the Fountain of Living Waters.
Jeremiah 17:13

And the second time I think He wrote each of these leaders names in the ground (John 8:8).

This of course is only my opinion for what it is worth. But it could also mean that the Feast of Tabernacles, is a foreshadowing of the Believers in Christ housing the Holy Spirit--thus we are the temple of the Living God (I Corinthians 3:16: 6:19-20).

I really apologizes for the long post.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I wanted to thankyouvon1 for this posting.
I love how God works His understanding and gifts in Jesus given through another. :)

Last night I was praying, asking for more understanding of rivers of living waters, the humility to serve and love as Jesus loves us.
Mostly because I had a cranky day, and been asking for forgivness for it.
As I prayed , serving was set before me, then living waters.
Then Jesus showed me how waters that do not serve, or move, become stagnent, filled with corrupttion, unable to give life.
But, when waters flow freely, moving through each place and continueing to flow, the water not only gives life, but becomes more perfect and clear the more it flows, it often must flow over rocks, somtimes falling from places above to the rocks below, but the more water does this the more perfect it is and purified. :)
Then, I saw how we need to not just recieve these waters from Jesus, but we must let them continue to flow, because if one shuts these waters up in themself, they will become stagnent.
I saw how we need not just to recieve these living waters in Jesus, but, in Jesus must give these waters to continue flowing through serving and loving each other in Jesus, so the waters will continue in Jesus to purify,sometimes hitting some rocks, or fall in humility, as they move through us, :) but keep moving, always flowing in and from Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh.
For all we recive in Jesus must not be kept to self, but continued in His love, setting self aside, so that these waters may fill and bless and convict and heal and give lfe.
We are mearly a vessle that lets this perfect water keep moving.
Living waters are not just about drinking, but serving and flowing through us.
Simply because if the water stops flowing in one, it will become stagnent, no longer giving life, for water is made life giving, when it flows and continues to move.
These waters made perfect in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh, through the Holy Spirit.

Anyway thankyou von1, for the seed set in this posting, so Jesus would make it grow. :)

God bless
pickles

S

Saint-John

the living waters is the praises by the Holy Ghost !

if you continue the story..
John 4.23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him MUST worship him in spirit and in truth.

truth..ie..Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

(according to the word { NOT OWN IDEAS} how do we worship in spirit...

eg..1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

(spiritual praise is incorruptible,pure , your own words and thoughts no matter how nice YOU think they are cannot defile Gods direct line..)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
the living waters is the praises by the Holy Ghost !

if you continue the story..
John 4.23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him MUST worship him in spirit and in truth.

truth..ie..Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

(according to the word { NOT OWN IDEAS} how do we worship in spirit...

eg..1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

(spiritual praise is incorruptible,pure , your own words and thoughts no matter how nice YOU think they are cannot defile Gods direct line..)
No worries, I know none can corrupt the power and gifts of the Holy Spirit. :)
I was simply sharing with von1 one the message Jesus was setting on my heart, that one needs to let the livings waters flow, not stop them up by our own weaknesses of flesh.
Mine is sometimes feeling Im not good enough, fearful I will fail.
The thing is, its not ourselves that the is the power and streangth, but all of God Our Father , given through the Holy Spirit in Jesus.
Jesus was just letting me know that if I am not willing or fearful, the waters can stop flowing in ones
own heart , thus becoming stagnent.
That one is called to serve in faith, so the waters will flow through us.
To remember always, perfect love casts out all fear. :)

In Jesus, God bless
pickles