Refreshment in Social life

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BekahAnne

So, I have not been entirely wise in choosing friends....Its hard to do when the majority of people at the colleges I've attended are not Christian. And what's worse is I pretty much ended up attempting a relationship with one who said he was a Christian, but he turned out to not be one after all and I didn't know until we had a conversation that involved me bringing up this site to him. I don't personally have a problem with non-Christian friends. I just can't speak to them for spiritual comfort, encouragement. I don't even feel that I can reach out to them because they already seem adamant, from my observation, on their beliefs. Recent events happened where i try to remain friends with the guy I had broken up with prior to my knowledge of his actual belief, and due to college stress and lack of communication caused unfortunate things to happen. He tagged me in a facebook status with negativity and that had me decide to abandon the account and form a new one with some of the same friends on my list. And it doesn't help that some of the friend we use to share leaned more in on his side...though I should've just seen it coming all in all. I don't want to view things as the "end" just because of these horrible issues that sprang forth. ;)
Overall, i want to try and make "better" friends and by that i mean ones whom I can go to in times of need and speak and provide the exact same thing back as a Christian.
I pray for spiritual healing on the matter and that I take this as a learning experience. I pray that I can find friends to truly connect to and that would last for as long as it can. I pray that i connect with other Christians as well wherever I go.
I do go to church almost every sunday and learn from it as well as meet people. I would like to go and push myself further by trying to talk with people there as well more than just on sundays =) I just want an overall refreshment in different areas of my life! =D

S

shekaniah

This is a good place to start...for friends who love Jesus! You can get support in family forum from people ages 14 to 92. (Guessing on age group)
That can give you insight from many perspectives, which can help you understand other peoples views. It does not mean you have to agree.
But it is great for getting along with other people in place where their is a large mix of views.

(Remember we are all learning at different levels, this is why there is such difference in answers.)

We also have the ladies forum for more female personal questions.

I will pray for you, for school, friends and spiritual guidance.
Continue to shine for Jesus!
May God bless you and keep you!
Love in Christ, Shekaniah

Oct 20, 2011
Finding a good friend is like finding a rare pearl, you have to hold them closely. Dear lord please help this person to find good friends. Amen.

B

Bobbyking

I do go to church almost every sunday and learn from it as well as meet people. I would like to go and push myself further by trying to talk with people there as well more than just on sundays =) I just want an overall refreshment in different areas of my life! =D

Hi

Thanks for your sincere sharing!

And reading your post, I want to encourage you that sometimes (not all the time) upholding our faith in Jesus Christ around our friends can be a challenging issue. I've been there myself when I was young (accepted the Lord at 16 years old).

That said, I want to encourage you (the same thing i motivate my daughters):

1. Let your joy and confidence in the Lord shine and radiate among men and women around you. You either attract or repel their friendship. Unfortunately, not everyone is a friend of the gospel so we have to accept that. But there is a benefit here: for those whom you attract, you can share your faith to them and perhaps some of them may be looking for salvation and they found through you! And the other benefit is: there are committed Christian men who are looking for relationship with women who share similar faith and love in Christ.

2. Commit your relationship to the Lord. Be open to His Mighty hand. He can draw the right man to you. God, of all persons, want you (or any of His daughters) to have a wonderful Godly man. So everyday, thank God for this trust in Him.

3. Have fun as a single person! Join interest Group, participate in sports, go out in a group for meals, activity and in whatever you do, HONOR GOD REGARDLESS and yield not to temptation from any man or woman.

God bless.

B

BekahAnne

Thank you very much shekaniah, Canadian36, and Bobbyking for your prayers and advice!

T

Tumnus

I wholeheartedly agree with the other folks who have replied. Praying that you will find Godly friendships and celebrating that you already know Christ who will keep you anchored, BekahAnne=-) God bless

D

DeezePsalms

I'm sorry you had to learn this way. I pray that jesus mends your wounds and that you recover quickly, also that you meet christians who can be there for you always. I encourage you to read the bible. Pray and ask for wisdom. Also cast your burden upon the lord.Psalms 55:22 says Cast your burden upon the lord and he will sustain you; he will never allow the righteous to be shaken. Be blessed.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying in agreement in Jesus Christ is Lord, with you and for you. :)

God bless
pickles