Rejoicing with a quiet heart?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BottledWater

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Something God struck me with is to have a quiet heart when rejoicing about blessings. My spouse and I lost our baby this past summer and a lot of couple we knew were expecting during or a little after we were due. You see on their Facebook status the mothers putting up these things about their baby bumps and their waddles...it's wonderful and such a blessing that they are expecting, but I think a lot of times we boast because we rejoice so loudly. It's hard for a couple who can no longer seem to have children deal with things like that.... How do you rejoice with friends when they rejoice so loudly that it seems as if they are boasting about something that is hurting you inside? Does the Bible speak anywhere about having a quiet heart while rejoicing?

Curious and excited to see the imput of your thoughts! Please share! :)

grace

Sep 8, 2006
Bottledwater....I am sorry about your loss. I lost a child to a stillbirth...so I understand. It is a very personal grief. A grief made even harder through watching friends that you care about celebrating their new additions.
I agree that some should be sensitive to your loss...esspecially when sharing their own joys of their babies/pregnancys. What I have concluded when I went through it is.....that so many do not know what to say etc...that they say and do nothing. Almost act as if nothing happened. I think they are well meaning, but do not realize that it is a REAL grief and it helps to talk about it.
Not sure what the bible says about *quiet rejoicing*...but I know that we are to be Christ like, and that means (in part) being sensitive, careing and compassionate even when it is not convienant or when it is uncomfortable to do so.
Take care

B

BottledWater

Thats a great point Grace to be like Christ and be caring even when its uncomfortable. Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.