Relationship Advise

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pdan

Feb 15, 2018
Hello,

Almost 4 years ago I prayed to the lord for a good woman to come into my life. A few months later an amazing woman came into my life. She literally changed my life for the better. She helped me get closer with my family pass university she moved to another country with me ect. She has left me very recently but I am praying daily to the lord to help me overcome this situation and hopefully get her back. She told me she is a christian and believes in Jesus and God but she does not fully believe in the bible or she is unsure about it. She was born into a catholic family and they are not very strong believers. I have never asked her straight to ask Jesus to come into her heart but I am thinking that if she returns to tell her to consider accepting Jesus.

I would like for some advise on my decision or on what to do.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Hello,

Almost 4 years ago I prayed to the lord for a good woman to come into my life. A few months later an amazing woman came into my life. She literally changed my life for the better. She helped me get closer with my family pass university she moved to another country with me ect. She has left me very recently but I am praying daily to the lord to help me overcome this situation and hopefully get her back. She told me she is a christian and believes in Jesus and God but she does not fully believe in the bible or she is unsure about it. She was born into a catholic family and they are not very strong believers. I have never asked her straight to ask Jesus to come into her heart but I am thinking that if she returns to tell her to consider accepting Jesus.

Greetings brother, my heart goes out to you during your struggles... I pray that HE gives you the strength to find your way along your journey with HIM. A common faith in our Lord is both the key for your journey, and her's - but only if she chooses to embrace HIM...

It is important to recognize that it is not so important about what you can say or ask, or what she might have to say... It is all about what you do...
By strengthening your relationship with HIM, it is possible for you to become a beacon of light from which your potential future relationships might be drawn to and/or built upon...

Good luck to you, and your potential relationship(s)...

God Bless

Levi1985

May 11, 2019
Hey pdan,

Sorry to hear about the sorrow you are going through due to the parting of your loved one. If you want to persuade her to believe in the Bible you need to offer her more concrete evidence for why to believe. We shouldn’t believe in Jesus due to a subjective feeling. The primary reason to believe in God and His Word is the historicity of the resurrection. If Jesus rose from the dead, he proved all His claims. Through the resurrection, God demonstrated that Jesus is the Christ and Lord. He has all authority and those who which want to follow Him must listen to the teaching of His apostles and prophets. You can’t be a Christian and reject the Bible. Sometimes people claim they don’t believe in the Bible, but the reality is that they don’t want to submit the authority of Jesus. Hope this helps.

pdan

Feb 15, 2018
Thank you very much for your opinions. I think she believes Jesus resurrected but she does not believe in many things the bible says such as it is wrong to be homosexual or other similar things. She is unsure about the bible and how it was written by so many people ect..

Whenever I tried to speak about her faith she usually changed conversation or got a little bit angry

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
Thank you very much for your opinions. I think she believes Jesus resurrected but she does not believe in many things the bible says such as it is wrong to be homosexual or other similar things. She is unsure about the bible and how it was written by so many people ect..

Whenever I tried to speak about her faith she usually changed conversation or got a little bit angry
Consider the potential possibility that while she believes that she is a believer that it is likely that her reaction to open inquiry is that she simply does not a) want to be embarrassed about her lack of familiarity, b) she's not comfortable with pop-quizzes in general, c) as a non-practicing catholic - she does not see it as her role to have to defend the historic issues with the faith that she was born into...

This brief insight - re-affirms my suggestion - it's more about 'DOING' vs 'saying'...
Consider - if the opportunity ever presents itself - of trying to take it slow - avoid some unintended/unwarranted pressure with the inquiries ... Rather than focusing upon the differences - focus upon what you have in common in your beliefs...
Examples of 'Doing:' consider taking her out to a faith-based concert, listening to christian music, taking her to your church, or taking her to feed the homeless or volunteering at an orphanage...

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Hello,

In my experience, just work at getting over it. Chances are she won't return, and even if she did there's already a negative aspect of your relational history that could be a stumbling block.

Also if your goal is to change a person, it require change to be with someone, that's wrong and also usually ineffective. If you can't or won't be with someone as they are, and accept that, then you have no business trying to be with them. Trying to conform someone to your standards is very selfish and unloving.
Is that what God required of you to be accepted? If not why would you think you're justified in that expectation?