Relationship problems

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Andrewp22

My ex girlfriend had gotten really close to God and we got back together about a month ago. And within that month she put all of her focus on me and I lead her away from God.. I love this girl more than anything and I would never want to pull her from God. We are on a "break" right now so she can get closer to Him but we don't know if we should go our complete seperate ways or what. I need help figuring out if we can get closer to God together or do we have to do it seperate..

S

Sirsoupy4

Well your right it's never good to be in a relationship without God being the main focus. But I also believe in relationships sticking it out. I think my best advice is do things together, but has to be things such as reading the bible, praying on a date, Wednesday service, being honest if your ever troubled or if you two feel like y'all are straying away from God. Last thing is there will be times where you won't be as close to God as you like, but don't sulk and dwell in it. Meaning you messed up we all do even the best men I know had gotten away from God. This may not have been the best advice, but I know that any man who would worry so much about this so much that he'd ask complete strangers for help is trying to be a better man. Respond if you got any questions.

U

Ugly

She ditches God the first time she gets a boyfriend.
You aid in her ditching God.
The question then needs to be asked, are either of you really ready to be in a relationship?

H

HLR

I ran into a very similar problem in my current relationship. She was a Christian from the get go, and at the time we started dating that was not the case for me. I was lost as could be. And in some ways my worldly ways rubbed off on her. Not something I'm proud of, but being honest.

I came to know the Lord and we've managed to not only work on her relationship with the Lord but mine as well. We read the Bible together and pray together. And attend church together when we're able. (We have a long distance relationship.).

Don't give up on the relationship; Unless as Ugly said, you feel you're not yet ready for a relationship. Make God the center of the relationship. Read together, pray together, attend church together, praise Him together through music, whatever you're able to do.. Do it.

The way I've come to look at it; You should be in love with God enough that there's no way for you to pull her away from Him you can only pull her closer. Granted, I'm not sure how this situation has played over so maybe there's something I'm not seeing.