RELIGIOUS OCD RUINED LIFE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sarjo

Oct 12, 2022
I NEED PRAYER'S TODAY🙏🏻 WHEN LAST MONTH IN JULY WHILE I WAS READING MY BIBLE SUDDENLY I STOPPED AND LOOK FROM THIS SCRIPTURE AND IT SAY'S "EVERY BLASPHEMY CAN BE FORGIVEN BUT BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLYSPIRIT CANNOT BE FORGIVEN" AND IT SEEM'S LIKE NOTHING TO ME UNTIL I WENT TO MY CHURCH AFTER THAT I'M INSIDE IN THE BUS AND I SAT WHILE READING AGAIN MY BIBLE WHILE I WAS READING BOOK OF JONAH SUDDENLY THIS KIND OF THOUGHT TRYING TO GET MY MIND THIS THOUGHT REMINDING ME WHAT I READ BEFORE I WAS GOING AND THE THOUGHT IS "BLASPHEMY? WHAT IS BLASPHEMY? AND I DONT WANT TO THINK BLASPHEMOUS THOUGHTS BECAUSE I KNOW ITS SCARED TO THINK AND ITS LIKE A FORCE TO MY MIND TO THINK IT AND I SAID" DONT THINK BLASPHEMOUS THOUGHTS! AND THEN SUDDENLY IT COMES TO MY MIND AND I WAS FROZING AND I CALM UNTIL IM IN THE CHURCH AND AT THE NIGHT I WAS PRAYING I WORSHIP GOD THIS THOUGHTS IS FORCING AGAIN AND I WAS TERRIFIED AND THERE WAS A VOICE I HEARD IN MY HEAD SAYING YOU BLASPHEMY THE HS. I WAS CRYING PANICKING AT THE ROOM TERRIFIED CRYING IN MYSELF I PLEASE GOD NOT TO LET GO OR NOT ABANDONED ME BECAUSE OF IT AND THE THERE WAS ANOTHER THOUGHT AGAIN "YOU WILL GO TO HELL BECAUSE OF IT YOU CAN DO NOTHING TO SAVE YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU DID IT" AND KNOW IT RUINED MY LIFE I HAVE A LOT OF INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS ABOUT GOD THIS THOUGHTS ARE TOO BAD THAT GOT ME THINKING I WILL NEVER BE FORGIVEN FOR IT. AND NOT ONLY I HAVE INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS IT COMES OCD I'M WRESTLING ALWAYS IT KILLS THE FIRE INSIDE OF ME IT LIKE A WALL BETWEEN THE LOVE OF GOD IN ME .... I WANT THE HOLYSPIRIT OF GOD I NEED HIM BECAUSE I LOVE HIM I WANT TO FOLLOW HIM BUT IT SEEM'S LIKE I AM TOO FAR😭😭😭MY SITUATION RIGHTNOW IS VERY DANGEROUS BECAUSE I LOST EVERYTHING ONEDAY I HAVE A BAD FEELING THAT TELLS GOD IS NOT REAL I WAS KIND OF SCARED LIKE WHAT? IN MY WHOLE LIFE I KNOW THERE IS ONE GOD AND I DONT EVEN THINK IF GOD IS NOT REAL BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN GOD AND ITS SCARES ME NOW I LOST MY CONVICTION,EMOTION,LIKE MY HEART IS HARDENED,I FEEL SO LOST,I DID'NT BACK TO MY SIN'S BECAUSE OF IT BUT I FEEL LOST

I AM CHRISTIAN BORN AGAIN (END TIMES) IN PHILIPPINES

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I NEED PRAYER'S TODAY🙏🏻 WHEN LAST MONTH IN JULY WHILE I WAS READING MY BIBLE SUDDENLY I STOPPED AND LOOK FROM THIS SCRIPTURE AND IT SAY'S "EVERY BLASPHEMY CAN BE FORGIVEN BUT BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLYSPIRIT CANNOT BE FORGIVEN" AND IT SEEM'S LIKE NOTHING TO ME UNTIL I WENT TO MY CHURCH AFTER THAT I'M INSIDE IN THE BUS AND I SAT WHILE READING AGAIN MY BIBLE WHILE I WAS READING BOOK OF JONAH SUDDENLY THIS KIND OF THOUGHT TRYING TO GET MY MIND THIS THOUGHT REMINDING ME WHAT I READ BEFORE I WAS GOING AND THE THOUGHT IS "BLASPHEMY? WHAT IS BLASPHEMY? AND I DONT WANT TO THINK BLASPHEMOUS THOUGHTS BECAUSE I KNOW ITS SCARED TO THINK AND ITS LIKE A FORCE TO MY MIND TO THINK IT AND I SAID" DONT THINK BLASPHEMOUS THOUGHTS! AND THEN SUDDENLY IT COMES TO MY MIND AND I WAS FROZING AND I CALM UNTIL IM IN THE CHURCH AND AT THE NIGHT I WAS PRAYING I WORSHIP GOD THIS THOUGHTS IS FORCING AGAIN AND I WAS TERRIFIED AND THERE WAS A VOICE I HEARD IN MY HEAD SAYING YOU BLASPHEMY THE HS. I WAS CRYING PANICKING AT THE ROOM TERRIFIED CRYING IN MYSELF I PLEASE GOD NOT TO LET GO OR NOT ABANDONED ME BECAUSE OF IT AND THE THERE WAS ANOTHER THOUGHT AGAIN "YOU WILL GO TO HELL BECAUSE OF IT YOU CAN DO NOTHING TO SAVE YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU DID IT" AND KNOW IT RUINED MY LIFE I HAVE A LOT OF INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS ABOUT GOD THIS THOUGHTS ARE TOO BAD THAT GOT ME THINKING I WILL NEVER BE FORGIVEN FOR IT. AND NOT ONLY I HAVE INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS IT COMES OCD I'M WRESTLING ALWAYS IT KILLS THE FIRE INSIDE OF ME IT LIKE A WALL BETWEEN THE LOVE OF GOD IN ME .... I WANT THE HOLYSPIRIT OF GOD I NEED HIM BECAUSE I LOVE HIM I WANT TO FOLLOW HIM BUT IT SEEM'S LIKE I AM TOO FAR😭😭😭MY SITUATION RIGHTNOW IS VERY DANGEROUS BECAUSE I LOST EVERYTHING ONEDAY I HAVE A BAD FEELING THAT TELLS GOD IS NOT REAL I WAS KIND OF SCARED LIKE WHAT? IN MY WHOLE LIFE I KNOW THERE IS ONE GOD AND I DONT EVEN THINK IF GOD IS NOT REAL BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN GOD AND ITS SCARES ME NOW I LOST MY CONVICTION,EMOTION,LIKE MY HEART IS HARDENED,I FEEL SO LOST,I DID'NT BACK TO MY SIN'S BECAUSE OF IT BUT I FEEL LOST

Hi...
It is very hard to read what you have wrote due to all the capital letters...My eyes were straining to read what you wrote...

P

persistent

It is very very good that you write this message. Sometime I get very frustrated, and not too happy. Some days are not so good. Some thoughts are very much disturbing. What to do? Cry...get angry....laugh.....tell someone.....??? I never know for sure and even praying is not sure. Laying down and talk to God seems best. Let the world be shut out for a while.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Sarjo said:

I need prayer's today🙏🏻 when last month in July while I was reading my bible suddenly
I stopped and look from this scripture and it say's "Every blasphemy can be forgiven but
blasphemy against the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven" and it seems like nothing to me
until I went to my church after that - I'm inside in the bus and I sat while reading again
my Bible while I was reading book of Jonah suddenly this kind of thought trying to get
my mind this thought reminding me what I read before I was going and the thought is
"Blasphemy? What is blasphemy?" And I don't want to think blasphemous thoughts because
I know its scared to think and its like a force to my mind to think it and I said "don't think
blasphemous thoughts!" And then suddenly it comes to my mind and I was frozen and I calm
until I'm in the church and at the night I was praying I worship God this thoughts is forcing
again and I was terrified and there was a voice I heard in my head saying you blasphemy
the Holy Spirit. I was crying panicking at the room terrified crying in myself I please God
not to let go or not abandoned me because of it and the there was another thought again
"You will go to hell because of it you can do nothing to save yourself because you did it"
and know it ruined my life I have a lot of intrusive thoughts about God this thoughts are
too bad that got me thinking I will never be forgiven for it. And not only I have intrusive
thoughts it comes OCD I'm wrestling always it kills the fire inside of me it like a wall between
the love of God in me .... I want the Holy Spirit of God I need Him because I love Him I want
to follow Him but it seems like I am too far😭😭😭My situation right now is very dangerous
because I lost everything one day I have a bad feeling that tells God is not real I was kind
of scared like what? In my whole life I know there is one God and I don't even think if God
is not real because I believe in God and its scares me now I lost my conviction, emotion,
like my heart is hardened, I feel so lost, I didn't back to my sins because of it but I feel lost.

I am Christian born again (end times) in Philippines

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Sarjo said:

I need prayer's today🙏🏻 when last month in July while I was reading my bible suddenly
I stopped and look from this scripture and it say's "Every blasphemy can be forgiven but
blasphemy against the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven" and it seems like nothing to me
until I went to my church after that - I'm inside in the bus and I sat while reading again
my Bible while I was reading book of Jonah suddenly this kind of thought trying to get
my mind this thought reminding me what I read before I was going and the thought is
"Blasphemy? What is blasphemy?" And I don't want to think blasphemous thoughts because
I know its scared to think and its like a force to my mind to think it and I said "don't think
blasphemous thoughts!" And then suddenly it comes to my mind and I was frozen and I calm
until I'm in the church and at the night I was praying I worship God this thoughts is forcing
again and I was terrified and there was a voice I heard in my head saying you blasphemy
the Holy Spirit. I was crying panicking at the room terrified crying in myself I please God
not to let go or not abandoned me because of it and the there was another thought again
"You will go to hell because of it you can do nothing to save yourself because you did it"
and know it ruined my life I have a lot of intrusive thoughts about God this thoughts are
too bad that got me thinking I will never be forgiven for it. And not only I have intrusive
thoughts it comes OCD I'm wrestling always it kills the fire inside of me it like a wall between
the love of God in me .... I want the Holy Spirit of God I need Him because I love Him I want
to follow Him but it seems like I am too far😭😭😭My situation right now is very dangerous
because I lost everything one day I have a bad feeling that tells God is not real I was kind
of scared like what? In my whole life I know there is one God and I don't even think if God
is not real because I believe in God and its scares me now I lost my conviction, emotion,
like my heart is hardened, I feel so lost, I didn't back to my sins because of it but I feel lost.

I am Christian born again (end times) in Philippines
Thank you @Magenta ...

Mar 4, 2020

Honestly a lot of people wrestle with OCD about that verse. Even last night I was laying in bed and suddenly I was thinking about it. It isn't dominating me, scaring me, or making me lose faith though. I think you're afraid of the possibility of doing it, but really it isn't genuinely possible for someone who loves Jesus to do it. Obviously you'd never assign demonic power to the Holy Spirit, which is what the context of the passage is about and neither would I and God knows that. If you only knew how deeply and thoroughly God knows our thoughts, feelings, and intentions then you'd have no doubt He could ever possibly misunderstand us.

What I see, though, is you've worked yourself up so much that now this is happening: "I lost my conviction, emotion, like my heart is hardened, I feel so lost, I didn’t back to my sins because of it but I feel lost"

I've been here before. You're scared and trying to run away from God, but I think you're misunderstanding. God doesn't want you to run away. In fact He's incredibly happy that you came in the first place and they had a party in heaven about it.

Luke 15:7
7I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

And really God is always there. Do you pray often? I think you need to tell this entire story to God. Don't worry, be 100% honest about everything and tell Him exactly how you feel.

P

persistent

It is very very good that you write this message. Sometime I get very frustrated, and not too happy. Some days are not so good. Some thoughts are very much disturbing. What to do? Cry...get angry....laugh.....tell someone.....??? I never know for sure and even praying is not sure. Laying down and talk to God seems best. Let the world be shut out for a while.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Honestly a lot of people wrestle with OCD about that verse. Even last night I was laying in bed and suddenly I was thinking about it. It isn't dominating me, scaring me, or making me lose faith though. I think you're afraid of the possibility of doing it, but really it isn't genuinely possible for someone who loves Jesus to do it. Obviously you'd never assign demonic power to the Holy Spirit, which is what the context of the passage is about and neither would I and God knows that. If you only knew how deeply and thoroughly God knows our thoughts, feelings, and intentions then you'd have no doubt He could ever possibly misunderstand us.

What I see, though, is you've worked yourself up so much that now this is happening: "I lost my conviction, emotion, like my heart is hardened, I feel so lost, I didn’t back to my sins because of it but I feel lost"

I've been here before. You're scared and trying to run away from God, but I think you're misunderstanding. God doesn't want you to run away. In fact He's incredibly happy that you came in the first place and they had a party in heaven about it.

Luke 15:7
7I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

And really God is always there. Do you pray often? I think you need to tell this entire story to God. Don't worry, be 100% honest about everything and tell Him exactly how you feel.
It is nice to see a post lifting someone up , instead of tearing them down...This was a nice read :)...

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I have not been professionally diagnosed but I believe I am somewhere on the OCD spectrum.
Like I tend to want to check the stove multiple times to make sure it's turned off before I leave for work

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I have not been professionally diagnosed but I believe I am somewhere on the OCD spectrum.
Like I tend to want to check the stove multiple times to make sure it's turned off before I leave for work
Isn't that just being thorough? I bet you never leave the stove on as a result.