Rep

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay-2

Could you explain how the REP works ? I know there
is a place on the left at bottom of thread or post, but
are we limited on how many we give ?

And how does it help the Original Poster ?

Thanks, J~Kay~ 2

U

Ugly

As has been explained in many other threads on the subject, no one completely understands rep. Even mods have admitted they don't fully know how it works. Many people are under the belief they do, but they are often in conflict with others who 'know' as well.
Mostly it was meant as a way to express appreciation for a person, rather than a particular post. There is some possible ties to rep and the green dots over your avatar, but that seems to be in debate as well.
There is a restriction on giving reputation to a person too frequently. Though the details behind it have never been explained. And it seems as though the restrictions are tighter now than they were before. Or perhaps that's just how it seems to me because i'm less able to give rep anymore, perhaps because i tend to give it to the same few people. But even spreading it around more hasn't allowed me to give it to certain people any longer.
The whole system is confusing and seems there's no way to really know. With the 'like' feature now on the site, it has taken over most of the rep usage. And rep wasn't heavily used when i first joined anyways.

ob77

Banned
Mar 8, 2014
As has been explained in many other threads on the subject, no one completely understands rep. Even mods have admitted they don't fully know how it works. Many people are under the belief they do, but they are often in conflict with others who 'know' as well.
Mostly it was meant as a way to express appreciation for a person, rather than a particular post. There is some possible ties to rep and the green dots over your avatar, but that seems to be in debate as well.
There is a restriction on giving reputation to a person too frequently. Though the details behind it have never been explained. And it seems as though the restrictions are tighter now than they were before. Or perhaps that's just how it seems to me because i'm less able to give rep anymore, perhaps because i tend to give it to the same few people. But even spreading it around more hasn't allowed me to give it to certain people any longer.
The whole system is confusing and seems there's no way to really know. With the 'like' feature now on the site, it has taken over most of the rep usage. And rep wasn't heavily used when i first joined anyways.
Hey, thanks. I did not know what rep was either , or how it was dispensed, or by who. I was not sure if it was from the sheer number of posts, or how accurate the posts were. So rep is somewhat nebulous. I received one rep, but was not sure what it meant or how I could have earned it. Thanks again for the explanation.

J

J-Kay-2

UGLY... thank you !!! I think anyone who has over 10,000 posts and 23 REPS
certainly has been doing something right.

We do have some very nice topics and posters. It is good to know how it helps
them. Isn't it odd though? Being told you gave too many ? I know another
friend poster here said she was told she had to spread the Reps around.

Again thanks for explaining and helping us understand. You did a great job
explaining. I think you deserve a rep for that. God bless you ~ J~K~ 2

J

J-Kay-2

Hey, thanks. I did not know what rep was either , or how it was dispensed, or by who. I was not sure if it was from the sheer number of posts, or how accurate the posts were. So rep is somewhat nebulous. I received one rep, but was not sure what it meant or how I could have earned it. Thanks again for the explanation.

ob: Cherish that 'one' rep. Obviously hard to come by. Ugly helped me understand also.

U

Ugly

UGLY... thank you !!! I think anyone who has over 10,000 posts and 23 REPS
certainly has been doing something right.

We do have some very nice topics and posters. It is good to know how it helps
them. Isn't it odd though? Being told you gave too many ? I know another
friend poster here said she was told she had to spread the Reps around.

Again thanks for explaining and helping us understand. You did a great job
explaining. I think you deserve a rep for that. God bless you ~ J~K~ 2

I believe the reason they require to spread it around is that it's intended per person, not per post. So they don't want you giving rep to the same person over and over, because the rep, in and of itself, should speak for your intents and feelings on that person.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012

J

J-Kay-2

I believe the reason they require to spread it around is that it's intended per person, not per post. So they don't want you giving rep to the same person over and over, because the rep, in and of itself, should speak for your intents and feelings on that person.

UGLY : Too late .... I just REPPED you right after you told us what it was about last night.
If you don't want it.... ask them to take it back ...... just kidding.... you were helpful .
And.............. if REPS are like CROWNS....... I am out of the Kingdom...... Sigh::::::::::: J~K~2