Residential Schools in Canada

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
And for the record I'm not anti-christian at all as most of my friends are Christian and we manage to coexist
However said religious organization has terrorized the planet for centuries and has faced no accountability

Jul 9, 2020
And for the record I'm not anti-christian at all as most of my friends are Christian and we manage to coexist
However said religious organization has terrorized the planet for centuries and has faced no accountability
Having Christian friends doesn't mean you're not anti-Christian. It just means you're not living in a box. I've got a lot of Atheist friends, and I'm adamantly anti-Atheism. I suspect you have Christian friends that you probably genuinely like, but I do think you are opposed to Christianity and you're probably in service to satan. I put you squarely in the category of "likeable enemy". You're obviously fairly smart and your posts are fun to read, but I don't trust you. At all.

Regarding whether the Catholic Church is a criminal/terrorist organization....just because there are criminals in an organization doesn't mean that the organization itself is criminal. I agree that any criminals (whether convicted in court or not) in positions of authority within the Catholic Church should be skinned alive, drawn and quartered, or whatever. Catholics (and protestants) need an internal moral enforcement team that would go around dispatching pedo priests and such. But the main point is that the presence of criminals within and organization doesn't mean that the organization itself is bad. If we went by that standard, then basically every government, church, and organization would have to be done away with. And then what would happen? They would simply be replaced by other governments/churches/organizations that are probably going to be even worse.

There are better determinants to guide whether an organization ought to be done away with than merely the presence of criminals.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Having Christian friends doesn't mean you're not anti-Christian. It just means you're not living in a box. I've got a lot of Atheist friends, and I'm adamantly anti-Atheism. I suspect you have Christian friends that you probably genuinely like, but I do think you are opposed to Christianity and you're probably in service to satan. I put you squarely in the category of "likeable enemy". You're obviously fairly smart and your posts are fun to read, but I don't trust you. At all.

Regarding whether the Catholic Church is a criminal/terrorist organization....just because there are criminals in an organization doesn't mean that the organization itself is criminal. I agree that any criminals (whether convicted in court or not) in positions of authority within the Catholic Church should be skinned alive, drawn and quartered, or whatever. Catholics (and protestants) need an internal moral enforcement team that would go around dispatching pedo priests and such. But the main point is that the presence of criminals within and organization doesn't mean that the organization itself is bad. If we went by that standard, then basically every government, church, and organization would have to be done away with. And then what would happen? They would simply be replaced by other governments/churches/organizations that are probably going to be even worse.

There are better determinants to guide whether an organization ought to be done away with than merely the presence of criminals.
You assume I'm your enemy just because we believe differently.
That sounds like the type of the type of religious zealotry that makes people blow up buildings

K

kaylagrl

Wheat and the tares, the time will come.

Jul 9, 2020
You assume I'm your enemy just because we believe differently.
That sounds like the type of the type of religious zealotry that makes people blow up buildings
No. Not at all. I've got a lot of Athiest friends. All of them think differently than me. For that matter, most Christians think differently than me also. The difference between my Atheist friends and you is that you spend time on Christian web forums putting down Christianity. You're actively sewing these subtle and not so subtle anti-Christian messages on an explicitly Christian website. That makes me suspicious. I mean, why are you even here?

Serve Jesus or go to hell. Make your choice.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
No. Not at all. I've got a lot of Athiest friends. All of them think differently than me. For that matter, most Christians think differently than me also. The difference between my Atheist friends and you is that you spend time on Christian web forums putting down Christianity. You're actively sewing these subtle and not so subtle anti-Christian messages on an explicitly Christian website. That makes me suspicious. I mean, why are you even here?

Just want to drop this little bit and give you something to think about
An action is moral if it reduces unnecessary suffering and promotes general well-being. In action is immoral if it causes unnecessary suffering or reduces general well-being. Of course we can have a philosophical debate about what well being really means and why we should value it but I think most reasonable people would agree that we want to live in a world that is free of that is pain suffering etc. And we should do our best to work towards that go.al that secular morality

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Side note I believe I exist and a physical universe and my actions have both physical and moral consequences as they affect those around me
I govern myself accordingly

"This is a really nice business you have here. It would be a shame if something were to happen to it"

I was Christian when I joined this form years ago. I'm not anymore. I finally realized that I was pretending to believe something just because I wanted to believe it
I've been through a lot in the past few years losing a wife and a son. So sometimes life just changes people
Throughout the years I have interacted with a lot of people on this forum and I have made some good friends here. But I have also encountered some hateful and toxic people on this forum

K

kaylagrl

Side note I believe I exist and a physical universe and my actions have both physical and moral consequences as they affect those around me

"This is a really nice business you have here. It would be a shame if something were to happen to it"

I was Christian when I joined this form years ago. I'm not anymore. I finally realized that I was pretending to believe something just because I wanted to believe it
I've been through a lot in the past few years losing a wife and a son. So sometimes life just changes people
Throughout the years I have interacted with a lot of people on this forum and I have made some good friends here. But I have also encountered some hateful and toxic people on this forum

Brother I am so sorry to hear this. I was going to ask how things are going. We disagree on some things :) but I am sorry to hear this news. I understand though. Sometimes in life we go through a tailspin. Several years ago I lost several people close to me. I lost my grandmothers both through cancer, very difficult. I lost my only blood related aunt, my moms sister, who was like a second mom to me. I lost my grandfather. And to end it all off my counsins husband was killed when he went hunting with his son. He turned back to get something in his vehicle and he stepped in front of his sons line of fire and was killed instantly. When you have so much shock in so little time it's hard for your mind to take it all in. Through all of this I was in ministry, which made it all the harder because we were away from home much of the time while family was sick in hospital. I'll admit I had a break down. I fell away from church, I couldn't seem to talk to God, I just walked away. I just needed time. I got out of the ministry and just stopped everything. It took a couple years, and then God sent me a husband. He hadn't grown up in church, but he had more wisdom, more compassion and more Godly understanding than many people who had attended church all their lives. We got married in a little country church where I knew the pastor and before long we were attending. Take some time brother, scars are a sign of healing. Don't lose your soul over the trials of life. I know how you feel, I've been there. Praying that you will heal spiritually and in every other way. Blessings brother.

K

kaylagrl

Surf anything that gives the church a bad name is a concern to all. Whether molesting children or Jimmy Swaggarts fall, we need to stand up and call a spade a dang shovel. If there is sin in the camp, we ought to be the first ones to say it is wrong. We ought to be the first ones to look to heal, to give reperations, to punish/ disipline those who caused the wrong. Now I'm not for random foolishness, you don't burn churches. But you stand up, admit the wrong and make it right. I don't make a big issue of the Cahtolic church, I have family and friends that attend. But there has been irreparable damage done to young lives because of the Catholic, and other churches. We need to, as Christians, make clear that it is sin, that those who harm children will see God's wrath and hell. How many have turned away from the faith because of abuse by someone using the name of God?! No, we ought to be the very first to stand against it. As far as with Canada, family hasn't been clear on what has happened. But it's as simple as this, find the facts, make restitution as much as is possible before anyone has to ask. May people never be turned away from the Gospel because we blinked and looked the other way while people were abused.

Jul 9, 2020

1. Like I said. I don't trust you. Maybe your story is legit. Maybe it's just your schtick to gain sympathy from a bunch of gullible Christians. Maybe it's little bit of both. I don't know..
2. Either way, sewing anti-Christian messages on a Christian site is something that I would expect from one in service to satan.
3. I think you would make a great Christian. I think Christendom needs more people like you. I would welcome you with open arms. More importantly, Jesus would welcome you with open arms. You don't have to be a stupid, goodie-goodie, wuss to be a Christian. You can still be you. God made you with certain characteristics. You're smart and cunning. He wants to make use of those characteristics. You don't need to suddenly become an idiot just to make yourself look more "christian".
4. But until such time as you do serve the true King, you are far outside my circle of trust. You are a likable enemy.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Tribalism our brains are hardwired that way
People who don't think like you are outsiders and outsiders are a threat

Jul 9, 2020
Surf anything that gives the church a bad name is a concern to all. Whether molesting children or Jimmy Swaggarts fall, we need to stand up and call a spade a dang shovel. If there is sin in the camp, we ought to be the first ones to say it is wrong. We ought to be the first ones to look to heal, to give reperations, to punish/ disipline those who caused the wrong. Now I'm not for random foolishness, you don't burn churches. But you stand up, admit the wrong and make it right. I don't make a big issue of the Cahtolic church, I have family and friends that attend. But there has been irreparable damage done to young lives because of the Catholic, and other churches. We need to, as Christians, make clear that it is sin, that those who harm children will see God's wrath and hell. How many have turned away from the faith because of abuse by someone using the name of God?! No, we ought to be the very first to stand against it. As far as with Canada, family hasn't been clear on what has happened. But it's as simple as this, find the facts, make restitution as much as is possible before anyone has to ask. May people never be turned away from the Gospel because we blinked and looked the other way while people were abused.
Hey Kayla,
When we agree, we agree! You're absolutely correct. Pedo priests and pastors need to be punished more brutally than anyone else, because they give God a bad name. They truly need to be made an example of. The evil must be purged.. So if there was evil in this situation, I am totally on board with dusting off those old, rusty guillotines. I just highly suspect that this story isn't quite what it appears. That's all.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Also the thing with Catholicism is they claim to be the one true religion but absolutely none of their doctrine lines up with anything in the Bible

Justified

Jul 13, 2021
Also the thing with Catholicism is they claim to be the one true religion but absolutely none of their doctrine lines up with anything in the Bible
I would not go so far us to say nothing lines up but then I have not done a deep inspection of their views but what I have looked at is most assuredly outside orthodoxy.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Yeah, saw it all over my FB yesterday with everyone saying Canadians shouldn't be celebrating their special day. smh So annoying, Trudeau trying to shadow the US. Sad what happened, long time ago, not happening today. Move on.
Maybe the Canadians want accountability
At the risk of sounding redundant, the Vatican is a criminal organization and it's time the rest of the world started pushing back

K

kaylagrl

Maybe the Canadians want accountability
At the risk of sounding redundant, the Vatican is a criminal organization and it's time the rest of the world started pushing back

Yeah, I have no issue with accountability, for the right people. With the Catholic church you're basically going to get lip service. You know the powers that be there and they have a long history. Wheat and the tares grow together. No point in burning down churches, no need to be ashamed to be Canadian. Dig out the guilty, seek whatever reperations needed. I don't who is worse, the Canadian gov't or the Catholic church in tryint to hold the guilty accountable.