Response to someone being scared they have 'blasphemed the Holy Spirit'

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PreTribGuy

Staff member
Nov 7, 2009
As usual, I did not write this, but it was sent to me. This is a response to some guy who thinks that he is damned forever...that he somehow committed the unpardonable sin.

The PROBLEM is that he is 'listening' to the wrong 'spirit'.

As usual, I did not write it, but I agree with it.

Here is the response:
------------
[FONT=&quot]...'we' must be beseeching God to SHUT OUT these lying devils that are ever talking to you. You need to make an INTELLECTUAL move to believing in the self-revelatory nature of ALL necessary Truth. All these chattering devils that are talking to you ARE CONTRADICTING YOUR BIBLE, and on that basis and for that reason you can REFUSE TO BELIEVE THEM AT ALL ABOUT ANYTHING.

For a little 'refresher' in how The Bible is presented to us, please re-read the INTRODUCTION to chapter 5 of THE GREAT DREAM.

Don't just ask questions and ignore the answers you get from The Church in favor of believing in your self-ability to distinguish Truth from LIES.

How you feel and what you suspect is NOT 'the oracle of God', and neither is YOUR CONSCIENCE 'the oracle of God'.

A little dependence upon Proverbs 3:5 to be a statement of absolute Truth for RIGHT NOW would help you make this transition away from intuitive religion to objective religion - and objective religion is GOD'S RELIGION and He will save you through this truly "self-DENYING" transfer of confidence from yourself to The Almighty Other.

Start insisting that your Bible is true and understandable for you WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE, and "bet on that" and watch and see how God will calm the storm you are in and bring you to peaceful shoals of hope! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Great and merciful is The Lord Jesus Who saves us. [/FONT][FONT=&quot] John 8:32

-----

[/FONT]

C

Crossfire

As usual, I did not write this, but it was sent to me. This is a response to some guy who thinks that he is damned forever...that he somehow committed the unpardonable sin.

The PROBLEM is that he is 'listening' to the wrong 'spirit'.

As usual, I did not write it, but I agree with it.

Here is the response:
------------
[FONT=&quot]...'we' must be beseeching God to SHUT OUT these lying devils that are ever talking to you. You need to make an INTELLECTUAL move to believing in the self-revelatory nature of ALL necessary Truth. All these chattering devils that are talking to you ARE CONTRADICTING YOUR BIBLE, and on that basis and for that reason you can REFUSE TO BELIEVE THEM AT ALL ABOUT ANYTHING.

For a little 'refresher' in how The Bible is presented to us, please re-read the INTRODUCTION to chapter 5 of THE GREAT DREAM.

Don't just ask questions and ignore the answers you get from The Church in favor of believing in your self-ability to distinguish Truth from LIES.

How you feel and what you suspect is NOT 'the oracle of God', and neither is YOUR CONSCIENCE 'the oracle of God'.

A little dependence upon Proverbs 3:5 to be a statement of absolute Truth for RIGHT NOW would help you make this transition away from intuitive religion to objective religion - and objective religion is GOD'S RELIGION and He will save you through this truly "self-DENYING" transfer of confidence from yourself to The Almighty Other.

Start insisting that your Bible is true and understandable for you WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE, and "bet on that" and watch and see how God will calm the storm you are in and bring you to peaceful shoals of hope! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Great and merciful is The Lord Jesus Who saves us. [/FONT][FONT=&quot] John 8:32

-----

[/FONT]

To blaspheme the Holy Spirit is to verbally denounce / deny / refuse the Holy Spirit's ability to do something in your life. Basically for someone to commit the unforgivable sin, not only must they reject the work of the Holy Spirit in their lives, they must also refuse to repent of their sin which is what makes it unforgivable. However, the cure this is to humble oneself and allow the Holy Spirit to bring them to repentance.

If this person already feels conviction then the Holy Spirit is already at work and all one needs to do is repent. However, if this person is dealing with condemnation, then that person needs to be reminded of God's infinite love and mercy and the fact that God does not condemn anyone as long as that person is truly repentant of their sin.

The only people who actually commit the unforgivable sin are those who refuse to repent and want to go to hell. If this person is truly sorry and is ready to repent then God will gladly accept them.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
CONTEXT!

Do you know that Jesus was not talking to people who were converted when he was talking about blaspheming the Holy Spirit not being forgiven?

He was talking to Pharisees!

Mat 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

Mat 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
Mat 12:26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
Still talking to Pharisees..

Mat 12:27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
Mat 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
Still talking to Pharisees.... the 'you' in this verse is the Pharisees.

Mat 12:29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

Mat 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
This verse is spoken to the Pharisees. Jesus has not stopped speaking to them!

Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

This is still - to the Pharisees!

The other thing is- how can blasphemy against the Son of Man be forgiven and not the Holy Ghost?

Only way this can happen is if the Holy Ghost is being rejected as the initial means of salvation.

So therefore.....

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit DOES NOT APPLY to converted- eternally saved people!!!

If Jesus wasn't talking to eternally saved folks when he was saying about it.. then it doesn't apply to them unless Jesus qualified the statement to be about them aswell!

CONTEXT CONTEXT CONTEXT

C

Crossfire

CONTEXT!

Do you know that Jesus was not talking to people who were converted when he was talking about blaspheming the Holy Spirit not being forgiven?

He was talking to Pharisees!

Mat 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

Mat 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
Mat 12:26And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
Still talking to Pharisees..

Mat 12:27And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children castthemout? therefore they shall be your judges.
Mat 12:28But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
Still talking to Pharisees.... the 'you' in this verse is the Pharisees.

Mat 12:29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

Mat 12:30He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
Mat 12:31Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall beforgiven unto men: but the blasphemyagainsttheHolyGhost shall notbeforgiven unto men.
This verse is spoken to the Pharisees. Jesus has not stopped speaking to them!

Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

This is still - to the Pharisees!

The other thing is- how can blasphemy against the Son of Man be forgiven and not the Holy Ghost?

Only way this can happen is if the Holy Ghost is being rejected as the initial means of salvation.

So therefore.....

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit DOES NOT APPLY to converted- eternally saved people!!!

If Jesus wasn't talking to eternally saved folks when he was saying about it.. then it doesn't apply to them unless Jesus qualified the statement to be about them aswell!

CONTEXT CONTEXT CONTEXT
How's this for context? There is no description given of this person who is afraid that they have committed the unpardonable sin to know if they are saved or not. Which is exactly why this person needs to be taught / reminded of God's grace and his willingness to forgive those who humble themselves and repent.

Even if this person might think they're saved, if they have said something which they believe has offended the Holy Ghost, then this person still needs to be lead to repentance because it's quite possible that someone willing to say something against the Holy Spirit was never saved to begin with.

This topic is entirely too serious for someone to attempt to interject a controversial doctrine that few can agree on as a potential solution.

Jun 24, 2010
Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit has nothing to do with an unpardonable sin. Blasphemy against the Spirit has to do with evil, not sin. When people read in (Mt 12:31,32) that blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven they instantly think of sin, but all sin is forgivable (Jn 1:29, Heb 9:26, 1Jn 1:7) because all sin was paid for and put away by the blood of Christ and His death. Evil is not forgivable because Christ blood was shed for sin and not for evil. Jesus taught His disciples to pray that we would be delivered from evil (Lk 11:4, Gal 1:4). So if a person is guilty of blasphemy against the Spirit they must be delivered because they are in danger of eternal damnation (Mk 3:29). If you examine (Mt 12) you will see that the Lord is dealing with evil and you not find any reference in the scriptures that any sacrifice was made for any people or person for evil, instead evil must be put away.

When a false witness rises up against to accuse a brother and is found to be so, that false witness is to be put away from among them (Deut 19:19f). Many that have made reference to (1Tim 5:19,20) refer to the elder as the one who has sinned that is to be rebuked before all, when it is referring to the ACCUSER of the elder who is to be rebuked, referring back to (Deut 19). The ACCUSER is the one that sins because his accusation could not be substantiated by two or three first hand witnesses, not heresy witnesses. If you have an accusation against a brother and you bring it before the elders, you better have two or three first hand credible witnesses or you will end up being rebuked in front of the church as a false accuser and on top of that you just might get chastened by God even further if your accusation was against a pastor-teacher that was worthy of double honor.

Here is the principle. If you come to an elder and tell them that you had intimate relations with a married pastor of the church, and the pastor rejects that accusation and says it's not true and there are no other first hand eye witnesses, that is considered a false witness and the person who made it should be rebuked before the church if it has been rumored about the people. Some of us may not like that because our love does not have the godly makeup and character that thinks no evil (1Cor 13:5), so we become gullible and believe the worst and hold it against the one accused. Instead of operating by the word and doctrine in the love of God, we get sentimental and put that aside and believe the accusation, especially if we have any bitterness or resentment within. The way accusations are handled in the church probably causes more division than anything else. Let's face it, many just like gossip like they love their soap operas and tabloid magazines and reality shows.