So my early morning devotions took me out of 2nd Chronicles into Ezra over the weekend. I was reminded - through Scripture in 2nd chronicles - of the many times Israel & Judah turned their backs on God and how they ended up in exile. Their spectacular fall mirrored areas of my own life where I knew better but still did my own thing and then had to reap (and eat) the bitter fruit of bad (and often sinful) decisions. In Ezra we see the beginning of the fulfillment of what the Angel told Daniel about Israels restoration after 70 years. Cyrus issues a decree and despite the efforts of Israels enemies to frustrate and derail the rebuilding of Jerusalem's walls and the temple, Gods eye was on his people and nothing could stop His plan. Progress was slow but progress was made.
Restoration in my own life is often at a slow pace because many things tend to get in the way, but God is faithful. He is not in retirement. He is the same God that stood by His people (often in spite of them) in Biblical times. I draw strength from this when I get frustrated with setbacks: God restores. Its what he loves doing to lives. He brings hope to circumstances were hope has no business showing up. He's good at it too.
Restoration in my own life is often at a slow pace because many things tend to get in the way, but God is faithful. He is not in retirement. He is the same God that stood by His people (often in spite of them) in Biblical times. I draw strength from this when I get frustrated with setbacks: God restores. Its what he loves doing to lives. He brings hope to circumstances were hope has no business showing up. He's good at it too.