Rev. 9 "angel of the Abyss"...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 26, 2023
"whose name in Hebrew is [1]Abaddon, but in Greek he has the name [2]Apollyon. "

1 - Destruction
2 - Destroyer

--------------------

Do you think this "angel" is the same as:

1. 7th head of the beast ("And when he comes, he must continue a short time." )
2. 8th head of the beast
3. Beast from the Earth a.k.a. II. Beast/Beast of the Earth/False Prophet..

compare the 2 verses:
REV 9:1 - "...and I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit."

REV 13:11 - "Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon. 12And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed."

In rev 9. a great torment for 5 months is described that may "cause the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast"..

4. Satan ascending from the bottomless pit after the millennial reign.
5. None of the above

What are your thoughts..

Jun 20, 2022
"whose name in Hebrew is [1]Abaddon, but in Greek he has the name [2]Apollyon. "

1 - Destruction
2 - Destroyer

--------------------

2. 8th head of the beast

compare the 2 verses:
REV 9:1 - "...and I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit."

REV 13:11 - "Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon. 12And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed."

In rev 9. a great torment for 5 months is described that may "cause the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast"..

5. None of the above

What are your thoughts..
my thoughts are that in Deuteronomy, God separated the Nations according to the Sons of God [Angels].
Jesus, or pre-incarnate Jesus, took Jacob/Israel, and the other Angels God appointed oversaw the other Nations.

think about ancient pictures of these giant monsters of Babylon, Persia, Philistines, etc....
I think those pictures are these angels in a form pretending to be a god.

Psalms 82 tells us that God is going to kill these Angels like human men for doing this.

^
but i said that to say this:
APOLLO, is a GREEK god.

they have pictures of Apollo, they claim to have seen in real life form.

clearly, APOLLO is a DEMON, like Revelation claims.

but what if the ancient Greeks worshiped the same Apollo, that is the KING of the BOTTOMLESS PIT?

Franc254

Oct 7, 2022
This is like a fallen Angel....like the one that challenged the Angel with Daniel's prayers

jb

Feb 27, 2010
This cannot be a wicked angel, for the key of the Abyss belongs to Jesus, and He would certainly not entrust it to an evil angel. Rev 1v18.

selahsays

May 31, 2023
And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

- Revelation 9:11 (KJV)

This is Satan.

1 - Destruction
2 - Destroyer

--------------------

1. 7th head of the beast ("And when he comes, he must continue a short time." ) This is Satan
2. 8th head of the beast
3. Beast from the Earth a.k.a. II. Beast/Beast of the Earth/False Prophet.. This is Satan

compare the 2 verses:
This is Satan
REV 13:11 - "Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon. 12And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed." This is Satan

In rev 9. a great torment for 5 months is described that may "cause the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast".. This is Satan

5. None of the above

What are your thoughts..

Ted01

May 14, 2022
my thoughts are that in Deuteronomy, God separated the Nations according to the Sons of God [Angels].
Jesus, or pre-incarnate Jesus, took Jacob/Israel, and the other Angels God appointed oversaw the other Nations.

think about ancient pictures of these giant monsters of Babylon, Persia, Philistines, etc....
I think those pictures are these angels in a form pretending to be a god.

Psalms 82 tells us that God is going to kill these Angels like human men for doing this.

^
but i said that to say this:
APOLLO, is a GREEK god.

they have pictures of Apollo, they claim to have seen in real life form.

clearly, APOLLO is a DEMON, like Revelation claims.

but what if the ancient Greeks worshiped the same Apollo, that is the KING of the BOTTOMLESS PIT?
I'm not aware of any link between Apollo and Apollyon... they are two, totally different entities.
Can you show us any historical, textual evidence(s) of such a link?

Komentaja

Jul 29, 2022

1 - Destruction
2 - Destroyer

--------------------

2. 8th head of the beast

compare the 2 verses:

5. None of the above

What are your thoughts..
4. Seems interesting never heard of that before. Got to look into it.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

This is Satan.
You err, not knowing the Scriptures...! Rev 20v1-3

selahsays

May 31, 2023
You tell God that. It is His Word you’re rejecting.

And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

- Revelation 20:1-3 (KJV)

selahsays

May 31, 2023
It’s time to go a little deeper @jb and please stop with the false accusations of folks.

Revelation 9:1 "And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

First of all, consider calmly—The"star" that falls to the earth is the star of Isaiah 14:12. Read carefully. The star is Lucifer.

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

- Isaiah 14:12-15 (KJV)

Satan (Lucifer) is given the key to the bottomless pit. Why? because this is where Satan's fallen angels are being held and they are going to be released. Believe it or not, Satan is to be God's executioner of His divine wrath that is to be poured out upon the earth at the end of time, at the 7th trumpet. God gives Satan permission. Why? So that God can carry out His plan for THE END. Revelation 9:2 is the next event. What happens after that? Keep on reading. It is written.

selah

jb

Feb 27, 2010
It’s time to go a little deeper @jb and please stop with the false accusations of folks.

Revelation 9:1 "And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

First of all, consider calmly—The"star" that falls to the earth is the star of Isaiah 14:12. Read carefully. The star is Lucifer.

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

- Isaiah 14:12-15 (KJV)

Satan (Lucifer) is given the key to the bottomless pit. Why? because this is where Satan's fallen angels are being held and they are going to be released. Believe it or not, Satan is to be God's executioner of His divine wrath that is to be poured out upon the earth at the end of time, at the 7th trumpet. God gives Satan permission. Why? So that God can carry out His plan for THE END. Revelation 9:2 is the next event. What happens after that? Keep on reading. It is written.

selah
Again, you do err!

You're taking a Scripture from Isaiah which has absolutely NO relevance to the seven Trumpets and trying to make it so!

PS: If you can't stand constructive criticism, don't twist it into something else!

selahsays

May 31, 2023
Again, you do err!

You're taking a Scripture from Isaiah which has absolutely NO relevance to the seven Trumpets and trying to make it so!

PS: If you can't stand constructive criticism, don't twist it into something else!
Don’t you even know that the book of Isaiah is prophetic?

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia

1 - Destruction
2 - Destroyer

--------------------

2. 8th head of the beast

compare the 2 verses:

5. None of the above

What are your thoughts..

Hi Robert,

I believe none of the above.

1st We know that Satan has no power in hell or keys to it.

2nd Satan will be the prisoner bound for a thousand years. No keys are provided to him. I just bought a lock. Nobody has access to my place but me. Abadon was given the key by the Lord to the pit to carry out his job. A false doctrine was spread by one of the classical writers. I forget if it was the fiction written by Milton or Dante.
Today most people get the idea from Looney Tunes. I can't find Porky Pig with the pitch fork, but this is the view that many children grow up with.

3rd Only God has the power to hell.
Abadon is Not the Lord, but an angel to be a prison keeper for Him.

Luke 12 Jesus said,
"4And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

Robert,

Are you 100% sure that if something happened to you today that you would go to Heaven?

Clayman

May 30, 2021

1 - Destruction
2 - Destroyer

--------------------

2. 8th head of the beast

compare the 2 verses:

5. None of the above

What are your thoughts..
I dont believe the angel falling with the key is the same angel, fallen may seem negative in English but to me it can be either eyether, the falling is simply coming down from heaven to earth, a star given a role by God to go open the bottomless pit.

1. yeah
2. yes and of the seven
3. Yes is also the beast
4. no, I think this is before the millennial reign although we see he is bound again before the 1000yrs

What are your thoughts..
Well both testaments(Hebrew and Greek) give witness to the fact the Satan is the ruler over those in the pit. "And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit" rev 9:11

I see that Satan was the destroying angel in the OT for example in Exodus the destroying angel killed the firstborn in Egypt, In the NT also he is the thief that comes to steal, kill and destroy, But the Good Shepherd came to give life and life more abundantly, to do this he bound the strong man(Satan) so He could plunder his goods, rescue His sheep from the world(darkness to light)etc etc

Where did He bind him, well in the pit with all the others who followed him, whom he now resides over.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania

This is Satan.
I would agree this is Satan just as he was called the destroyer of the first born in Egypt

Jun 20, 2022
I'm not aware of any link between Apollo and Apollyon... they are two, totally different entities.
Can you show us any historical, textual evidence(s) of such a link?
i actually did not make a definitive statement at all, i presented information and asked a question.

here's the question:

and to be fair here, the names from Abbadon, Apollo, Apollyon have the Same Name meaning:

What does the Greek name Apollo mean?
Meaning:destroyer

What does the Greek name Apollyon mean?

What does the Hebrew name Abaddon mean?

I am only fishing here to see what bites.