Revelation: A Cyclical View

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
.. as a "pre-tribber, [pre-trib Rapture]" I completely DISAGREE that "the wedding FEAST / SUPPER" takes place UP THERE (upon "our Rapture"); but believe rather that it takes place ON THE EARTH
That is incorrect. While we do not know how much time elapses between the Rapture and the Marriage of the Lamb, we definitely know that it DOES NOT take place on earth, and has no relationship to the Millennium (which comes much later). And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God... And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war... (Rev 19:9.11) Please note the connection and sequence of events. The Lamb is the Lord Jesus Christ and His marriage takes place in Heaven. Therefor the next thing we see is that Heaven is "opened" and Christ descends form Heaven on a white horse. And it is only after Christ descends to earth with all His saints and angels for the battle of Armageddon that the Millennium begins. (Rev 20).

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
That is incorrect. While we do not know how much time elapses between the Rapture and the Marriage of the Lamb, we definitely know that it DOES NOT take place on earth, and has no relationship to the Millennium (which comes much later).
I did not say that "the Marriage" itself takes place "on the earth"...

... 1Th4:17 says (re: the time we are caught up [G726]), "SO [/in this manner] shall we ever be WITH [G4862 - UNIONed-with] the Lord"...

--"the MARRIAGE" itself pertains SOLELY to the [presently] "betrothed" A CHASTE VIRGIN [singular] (2Cor11:2--THAT'S US!), i.e. "the Bride / Wife [singular]" of Rev19:7

("the marriage CAME"... "his bride/wife [singular] PREPARED"--this part has already taken place *UP THERE* BY THE TIME of this Rev19 time-slot... and you know that "our Rapture" [with the "[G4862] UNIONed-WITH Him" wording in 1Th4:17 which took place BACK *PRIOR TO* this point in the chronology] had already occurred);

--"the marriage FEAST / SUPPER" (which is what I was referring to) with its PLURAL "[those] having been INVITED [perfect participle]" GUESTS (DISTINCT FROM the "singular Bride/Wife"!), Rev19:9, does NOT have the wording there to be expressing that the feast / supper ITSELF has been concluded / has already taken place by this point in the chronology (Rev19), it ONLY states that the "HAVING BEEN INVITED" has taken place (to this point)--THAT (INVITATION) is what was taking place ON THE EARTH (while we're UP THERE), in the form of the "INVITATION" being: "Matt24:14/26:13" (comp. wording to Rev7:9) which follows sequentially "the beginning of birth pangs [i.e. the SEALS--so IN the Trib yrs]" in the Matt24 text, and in "Matt22:9-14" etc, etc...;

--The BRIDE / WIFE [singular]" is NOT the "INVITED [guests; ['those [plural] HAVING BEEN *INVITED*']";

--the "BLESSED" wording in v.9 corresponds with about 7-8 other "BLESSED" passages speaking to the SAME circumstances and time-period... ONE such passage being Daniel 12:12 "BLESSED is he that WAITETH and COMETH TO the 1335 days" (that's at the END / AFTER / the CONCLUSION of the trib yrs... and speaks of STILL-LIVING "saints" who will ENTER the MK age [in their mortal bodies--never having "lifted off" the earth]); again, about 7-8 "BLESSED" passages speak to this point (in the chronology);

And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God... And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war... (Rev 19:9.11)
Yes, He will be HEADING BACK DOWN at this point in the chronology (the "scenes" in several passages in the Gospels pick up the next events which thereafter commence, pertaining to the MK age, and the "saints / the righteous / the BLESSED" who will ENTER the MK age at that point [in their mortal bodies--never having "lifted off" the earth], etc, etc)

Please note the connection and sequence of events. The Lamb is the Lord Jesus Christ and His marriage takes place in Heaven.
I've not disagreed;

Nor was I speaking (in my post) about "the MARRIAGE" itself... I was addressing "the wedding FEAST / SUPPER" instead (with its "INVITED" guests [PLURAL]"... DISTINCT FROM "the Bride/Wife [SINGULAR]")

Therefor the next thing we see is that Heaven is "opened" and Christ descends form Heaven on a white horse. And it is only after Christ descends to earth with all His saints and angels for the battle of Armageddon that the Millennium begins. (Rev 20).
Yeah, I've never stated that the Millennial Kingdom "begins" PRIOR TO His "RETURN" to the earth in Rev19 (also referenced in Lk12:36-37,38,40-42 and its parallel passage).

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
--"the MARRIAGE" itself pertains SOLELY to the [presently] "betrothed" A CHASTE VIRGIN [singular] (2Cor11:2--THAT'S US!), i.e. "the Bride / Wife [singular]" of Rev19:7
A bride does NOT become a wife until the marrage has taken place. The Bride of Christ (the Church) on earth is not the wife until the Marriage of the Lamb in Heaven.

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
A bride does NOT become a wife until the marrage has taken place. The Bride of Christ (the Church) on earth is not the wife until the Marriage of the Lamb in Heaven.
I had said, [1Th4:17] "SO [/in this manner] shall we ever be WITH [G4862 - UNIONed-WITH] the Lord"... that occurs at [the time of] "our Rapture" (NOT at the 7 yrs LATER Rev19 time-slot, when He is getting ready to return to the earth in that scene).

IOW, we don't hang out with Him for 7 years UP THERE as "un-wed" yet (till Rev19 takes place, and THEN we're "wed"), NO!

[the language in Rev19 is "the marriage CAME"... and "the bride/wife PREPARED"... it is NOT expressing that the Rev19 time-slot is JUST NOW *WHEN* they FINALLY *WED* after 7 years of being together up there! (Remember Jn14, right? "receive you UNTO MYSELF")]

TheDivineWatermark

Aug 3, 2018
Read my post carefully again... I'd said, "[presently] BETROTHED"

(I never said we are at this present time ALREADY WED!!)

So, I'm not sure why you are saying this to me... I've said pretty much what you are saying.

(I only disagree with you IF you are saying "7 yrs AFTER we're raptured THEN we will finally become "wed" at the Rev19 time-slot"... DISAGREE with that notion, per the wording of 1Th4:17 itself!)

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
DISAGREE with that notion, per the wording of 1Th4:17 itself!)
That verse says nothing about the Marriage of the Lamb. Here it what it says. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Which of course is true but it does not say anything else. The Resurrection/Rapture will be AT LEAST seven years before the Marriage of the Lamb, which takes place immediately before the Second Coming of Christ. At least that is how the events are presented in Revelation 19, but again we do not know the specifics.

Chaps

Apr 3, 2024
California
May I ask, who are you quoting in your Quote Box of your Post #116... you didn't say... where you'd put:

... is this Darby himself writing this?

Just asking. = )
I should have posted the reference, my bad. “The Faith Once For All: Bible Doctrine for Today” Jack Cottrell 2002. This book has a fantastic chapter on prophecy interpretation as well as views on the millennium that I think are very insightful.

I could have similarly posted another book that provides nice summations of the Premillennial Dispensational position, Revelation: Four Views by Gregg, but I dont seem to have a digital copy and can’t find the hard copy in my library. Another book that provides a nice, back and forth summary of the Dispensational position in which various authors defend their positions is,
The Meaning of the Millennium: Four Views
Clouse, Robert G. (Editor); Various

I will check and see if I have a digital copy of this book as well and post some quotes to surmise the Dispensational position as well to hopefully show that the summation I have provided of the position is accurate and in accordance with their own accounts.