Revolutionizing Young Adult Ministries

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

ChristianGuru

LOL fail group now in session
:D "FAIL GROUP", perfect name for them. You'd suggest doing something fun and exciting and they'd all bobb their heads into their guts and exit via the back door.

C

ChristianGuru

I'll be attending/visiting a young adults ministry on Wed, looks like the answers to my prayers could be here.

D

Dread_Zeppelin

Congratulations! I'll pray all goes well and most importantly, that you'd learn something and wont be disappointed.

K

Kay_Kay

When I hear "youth group" I hear "speed dating for Christians".

Every youth group I've been to made me feel like I was browsing the market. I'd show up and the guys would play with the girls, we'd talk about God- and it was time to FIND YOUR MATE! DING DING DING! Sit next to that girl and talk about the thorny hard parts of your life! Talk to that boy about how you're twenty-something and you're okay with being single for the rest of your life if God wants you to (bonus points if you add, "Maybe he wants me to be a missionary")!

But on a serious note, I've talked to my mother who was saved at the age of 23 and when she went to her churches single's group she said she never even thought about dating in her group. They did things together, including taking a trip to Israel and Egypt, but ultimately the group was learning about God. Her being a new Christian meant she wasn't going to waste a Friday night goofing off. She wanted to learn the Bible and what God expected out of her.

I think that youth group would be more successful if it didn't resemble strangers being thrown together to socialize. You have to think everyone has better, more fun friends outside of church so of course they won't come to youth group for the people. People have to want to come because God is there.

Just my personal observation...

C

ChristianGuru

When I hear "youth group" I hear "speed dating for Christians".

Every youth group I've been to made me feel like I was browsing the market. I'd show up and the guys would play with the girls, we'd talk about God- and it was time to FIND YOUR MATE! DING DING DING! Sit next to that girl and talk about the thorny hard parts of your life! Talk to that boy about how you're twenty-something and you're okay with being single for the rest of your life if God wants you to (bonus points if you add, "Maybe he wants me to be a missionary")!

But on a serious note, I've talked to my mother who was saved at the age of 23 and when she went to her churches single's group she said she never even thought about dating in her group. They did things together, including taking a trip to Israel and Egypt, but ultimately the group was learning about God. Her being a new Christian meant she wasn't going to waste a Friday night goofing off. She wanted to learn the Bible and what God expected out of her.

I think that youth group would be more successful if it didn't resemble strangers being thrown together to socialize. You have to think everyone has better, more fun friends outside of church so of course they won't come to youth group for the people. People have to want to come because God is there.

Just my personal observation...
I believe the eagerness to date within church is due to the fact that their is so much worldiness amongst those who aren't saved. However, as per observation of the young adult group I attended last night... a lot of people just have clipped (like a bird's wings are clipped) personalities. They're undeveloped. That's why one would never consider dating some at church. I've met people who act like I did when I was 12. They lack experience in life BUT are 100% certain they are justified in all of that they do.