Right Time for marriage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jesally

I heard somone say that people should get married before they clock 30 years of age. Is it a guarantee that one must get married at a certain specific age? Does God say anything about marriage at a specific age? Just wondeing....,

M

MrsSunflower

No, there is no specific age in which one should get married. And God doesn't says anywhere in the bible that one must be a specific age when marrying.

Sure for women that wishes to having children, then it would be clever marrying not too late, as when they stop having that typical period that makes women remain still fruitful. Except of this, one can marry at whatever age. :)

-God Bless-

Jul 13, 2009
Age doesn't have to do with being ready to get married. It's about being able to meet all the requirements necesary to make a marriage work. You need to have the maturity, the sentimental availability, a steady job, etc etc. For some people that age could be 26, for others 67.

D

DiscipleWilliam

wow...There's so many variables nowadays. Within our current economy its either: (1) a persons working too much, or (2) not at all. Lack of time and/or communication can, and does place a strain on a relationship. I know that some might disagree but money does place a financial burden on a marriage. For a man, a good time for marriage is when he is ready to be: Priest, Protector, and Provider for his household. A reason why many are waiting longer than previous generations to get married is because many are not as financially secure until later on in their life. Scripture does say however, ["if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion." 1 Cor. 7:9] This doesn't mean that marriage should be pursued recklessly, but marriage does restrain/curb lustful outbreaks. Unfortunately, many relationships don't work out, mine included, but I believe that as long as you select a partner THAT IS CHRISTIAN ALSO and you all remain faithful to the doctrines and tenants of Scripture, and don't let money determine the outcome of the marital bond you should be fine.

J

Jesally

Thank you guys for all the wonderful responses! In my society, there's a lot of pressure imposed on young people to get married even when they are not ready. It's like as if marriage after 30 is unheard of. I just wish they understand that God's timing is always the best.

B

Bobbyking

Hi :)

There's no time limit for marriage. However, time is a crucial factor if you desire it.

Desire - Do you want to be married? Do you want a spouse? Do you wish to start a family? Do you wish to grow old together with someone?

And if you desire it, then work towards it: pray for it, expect it, prepare for it and when it comes, grab it!:)
In the mean time, 'seek first the Kingdom of God, and all these will be added to you as well.'

J

Jesally

Thank you Bobbyking for your input on this, that's fulfilling. God bls!

F

FREDDY01

It is only a heart thing I almost getting marriage. I'm 22 years old I met this woman 23 years old older than me anyway.

I thanks God Because He has prepared the rain in the certain or right time. And we owe are life to God.
So pray for this, really need it, so be glad with your partner, and dare to listen to her o him.
Wish you best time for marriage.

I love in the name of Christ, our Lord and Savior.

J

Jesally

Way to go Freddy01! As long as you love that person it's okay to marry her 'coz what matters is that you love each other & not the age difference. May the good Lord bless you on your new journey of marriage!