Righteouss Correction in ''Love''.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CanadaNZ

What does this mean?
This goes in correlation with Matthew 7:1-5. We are to "Speak these things, exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no one despise you. (Titus 2:15)" We are called to teach the truth and where necessary correct (exhort) or rebuke when necessary to bring our brothers and sisters back to the truth, EXCEPT where it would be hypocritical, then we are to go to God with our own sin, and deal with it, before approaching our brother on the same issue. And we are obviously to do this in Love because we are to love our brother.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
The problem is, that people will use scripture to cancel out scripture.

Example:

Leviticus 11
7And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. 8Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

Mathew 15

10And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand: 11Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Now this does not make swine meat fit for consumption, or permission to eat pork.

Yet people will quote this, in support of them eating pork.

Where in the Bible, did swine meat become a clean animal?

Yet people will use scripture to support not following scripture...

This then helps the false teachers to continue, well with their false teaching.

Sabbath is still in place, yet people will tell you jesus is my rest.... yet Yahshua told us that he did not come to do away with the law, but to fufill it.

People assume he meant, he did away with the law, which contradicts his own statement.

Mathew 5

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

All be fulfilled, means until the end.

Till heaven and earth pass proceeds, the till all be fulfilled, yet if you do not leave it in context you can manipulate the meaning, like we have all witnessed throughout time.

and if anyone speaks the truth, they can always throw these two at you, to defend the false teaching.

7So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 8And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 9And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

or this

<< Matthew 7 >>
King James Version
1Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Correcting false teachings, is not to judge but to help another.

Dec 19, 2009
What does this mean?
I’ve never heard the expression before. It simply sounds like someone trying to help another understand a spiritual truth. Some people have experienced things in their lives and want to help others who are dealing with the same issues.

J

jkalyna

:) THE ONLY CORRECTION I GIVE IS TO MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY. THEY KNOW IT IS GIVEN IN LOVE, AND THE REST I REALLY LEAVE TO THE HOLY SPIRIT, TO DO HIS JOB. NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL TAKE A REPROVE, IN LOVE, IF I AM OFFENDED I DO NOT REBUKE THE PERSON, AS WE FIGHT NOT AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD BUT I REBUKE THE OFFENSIVE SPIRIT IN JESUS NAME.

G

GreenNnice

This goes in correlation with Matthew 7:1-5. We are to "Speak these things, exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no one despise you. (Titus 2:15)" We are called to teach the truth and where necessary correct (exhort) or rebuke when necessary to bring our brothers and sisters back to the truth, EXCEPT where it would be hypocritical, then we are to go to God with our own sin, and deal with it, before approaching our brother on the same issue. And we are obviously to do this in Love because we are to love our brother.
----
Going along with what is said above, we are too:

John 7:24 -
"Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."

Simply, we are to judge according to what The Word says when judging others. God is our judge but we should still should have our brothers and sisters errors of righteousness made aware, not accusing them of wrong, just letting them know, for God, through His Holy Spirit in them will convict/change them.

Proverbs 31:9 , says we are: to judge righteously , defendíng the poor and the needy.