Rightly divide the Word of Truth

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 30, 2010

2 Timothy 2:2 And the things that thou has heard of me among many witnessess, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

2 Timothy 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:6 The husbandmen that labor must be first partaker of the fruits.

2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Timothy 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

2 Timothy 2:17 And their word will eat as does a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus & Philetus.

2 Timothy 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already, and overthrow the faith of some.

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God stands sure, having this seal, The Lord knows them that are his.

2 Timothy 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the lord must not strive; but be gentile unto all men, apt to teach, patient.
(Lord give us strength)

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentence to the acknowledging of the truth.

2 Timothy 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
its talking about the general resurrection journey.
not the first (regeneration).

paul also had calm the thessalonians who believed they had missed the general resurrection: which he goes on to explain is at The Second Advent.

cronjecj

Banned [Reason: ongoing "extreme error/heresy" Den
Sep 25, 2011
Here Timothy is speaking about the physical resurrection at the second advent.

Mar 11, 2011

paul also had calm the thessalonians who believed they had missed the general resurrection: which he goes on to explain is at The Second Advent.

WOW! unless i need to be put into a Loony Bin; i'd almost swear that Journey41 said Nothing, Notta, Zero, just heard God's Word.

Thanks Journey :)

Forever in Christ :) and insulated from such trashy assumptions.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
WOW! unless i need to be put into a Loony Bin; i'd almost swear that Journey41 said Nothing, Notta, Zero, just heard God's Word.

Thanks Journey :)

Forever in Christ :) and insulated from such trashy assumptions.
why not ask journey what her intention of the thread was?
she'll tell you. to refute the idea the first resurrction is regeneration.

try not to be quite so creepy glowing.

Mar 11, 2011
why not ask journey what her intention of the thread was?
she'll tell you. to refute the idea the first resurrction is regeneration.

try not to be quite so creepy glowing.
Creepy now :) i thought the word that God used was Peculiar :D thanks Zone, thats much better English :D

Forever in Christ :)

Jul 30, 2010

[/QUOTE]
Zone, how many times do the saints get resurrected?

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Zone, how many times do the saints get resurrected?
what are asking me for?
you have no intention of changing your beliefs.

here's a hint though:

HOW MANY FIRST (1st) RESURRECTIONS ARE THERE?

does the word FIRST indicate there is also a Second (2nd)?

A

Abiding

what are asking me for?
you have no intention of changing your beliefs.

here's a hint though:

HOW MANY FIRST (1st) RESURRECTIONS ARE THERE?

does the word FIRST indicate there is also a Second (2nd)?
Zone ...as always your looking great today. But your feeties look cold.

C

CrimsonFlames

Aw it never worked :(

A

Abiding

so do your legs

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Zone ...as always your looking great today. But your feeties look cold.
oh...................perfect abiding.
its wet here. my arthritis is actin' up.
ty.
my fav color too:D

and a blankie..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A

AnandaHya

we await not the resurrection of the Spirit which occurs when one is born again and is often referred to as the firstfruits of the Spirit, but of the glorified Bodies in Christ upon His return. "the adoption, the redemption of our body"

this passages also speak of the event..

Romans 8

18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. 23 Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. 24 For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.

Last edited: