Roman Catholic Church has a pagan roots

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PetriFB

Aug 15, 2013
Roman Catholic Church (RCC) very often tries to eliminate and defame every person who expose RCC's pagan roots and that its origin is in pagan religions, not in the teaching of the Bible. In the matter of fact, RCC has mixed up Biblical and pagan doctrines. This combination makes from its anti-Christian sect and cult, which doesn't represent Biblical Christianity. RCC has systematically tried to distort evidence that shows clearly wrong doctrines of the RCC and its undisputed connections to paganism. See yourself clear connection of paganism to Catholicism. The site contains also pictorial material:

.xyz Domain Names | Join Generation XYZ

Last edited:

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
The Roman Catholic church is the last remnant of Babylon upon the face of the earth. Anyone can study it and see clearly...

Why was the Sabbath changed from Saturday to Sunday?
What is the significance of the day, December 25th?
Where did the trinity come from since it is not in the bible (Godhead is)?
What is Easter and why are eggs and rabbits the symbol of it?
Etc... etc...

What is mystery Babylon?

Nov 30, 2012
What is mystery Babylon?
1. Because the Christians were banned from the Synagogues post 70 AD, and Christians met on the Lord's Day as early as 150 AD. (Justin Martyr)
2. It was celebrated as Saturnalia by the Romans. The Goths and Germanic tribe coincidentally celebrated Yul at the same time. The date was chosen because of the winter festivals. Rome felt it would calm things down. It was a bad decision, but I'll celebrate the Birth of our Lord still, since his birthday is lost to history.
3. It came about to put down a heresy known as Arianism. The heresy taught that Jesus was not actually God, but a human who was indwelt by God. Much of the early Church began to believe this heresy, until Athanasius gave a resounding speech before the Council of Nicea that denied the heresy. To this day, we still recite the Nicene Creed.
4. Easter is supposedly named after the goddess Eostre. (Venerable Bede) Though, Bede is the only source of this. Also, nowhere in Celtic culture or history is any Eostre ever mentioned. However, it is only known as Easter in English speaking countries. Throughout the world it is known better as "Resurrection Sunday." As for the eggs and rabbit symbols, they came about around the turn of the 20th century, during the rise of advertisement companies who sought to make money by making it into a Spring festival that would bring in non-Christian money.
5. Mystery Babylon is a creation of conspiracy theorists such as Jack Chick.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I recently watched an interesting video about the origin of the Roman Catholic church.

[video=youtube_share;Rlc8c7CFKwQ]http://youtu.be/Rlc8c7CFKwQ[/video]

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
catholic doctrine is a gross perversion of Biblical principals. It is all based in ritual and tradition instead of Biblical truth

M

Matt1626

I would say the Catholic Church rests or falls on the belief of the "real presence" of jesus in the Eucharist if it is true non catholics are missing out big time on a unique union with jesus as God if it is false the Catholic Church is false.

Me I am still thinking about it and I may never have an answer until I meet jesus

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
1. Because the Christians were banned from the Synagogues post 70 AD, and Christians met on the Lord's Day as early as 150 AD. (Justin Martyr)
2. It was celebrated as Saturnalia by the Romans. The Goths and Germanic tribe coincidentally celebrated Yul at the same time. The date was chosen because of the winter festivals. Rome felt it would calm things down. It was a bad decision, but I'll celebrate the Birth of our Lord still, since his birthday is lost to history.
3. It came about to put down a heresy known as Arianism. The heresy taught that Jesus was not actually God, but a human who was indwelt by God. Much of the early Church began to believe this heresy, until Athanasius gave a resounding speech before the Council of Nicea that denied the heresy. To this day, we still recite the Nicene Creed.
4. Easter is supposedly named after the goddess Eostre. (Venerable Bede) Though, Bede is the only source of this. Also, nowhere in Celtic culture or history is any Eostre ever mentioned. However, it is only known as Easter in English speaking countries. Throughout the world it is known better as "Resurrection Sunday." As for the eggs and rabbit symbols, they came about around the turn of the 20th century, during the rise of advertisement companies who sought to make money by making it into a Spring festival that would bring in non-Christian money.
Mystery Babylon is in the scriptures and was therefore not created by whom you say.

It is a shame that modern Pagans know history better than most Christians.

Feb 8, 2014
It was celebrated as Saturnalia by the Romans. The Goths and Germanic tribe coincidentally celebrated Yul at the same time. The date was chosen because of the winter festivals. Rome felt it would calm things down. It was a bad decision, but I'll celebrate the Birth of our Lord still, since his birthday is lost to history.
By studying the holy calendar, and checking out the astronomical clues, alongside the shadow picture of the Holy Feasts, Messiah would have likely been born on the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles (Yom Sukkoth). That is when he came down to "dwell among us." Likely he will return on the Feast of Trumpets, Rosh HaShannah, based on the history and the prophecies. If you were going to pick a random day to celebrate Messiah's birthday, seems like the date appointed for it makes more sense than another god's birthday.

OnThisRock

Jan 20, 2011
The Roman Catholic church is the last remnant of Babylon upon the face of the earth. Anyone can study it and see clearly...

Etc... etc...

What is mystery Babylon?
And.......those who go against Babylon will be accused of not being God's remnant. They did the same to Jesus.

Aug 15, 2009
Revelation 17:3-6 (KJV) [SUP]3 [/SUP]So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. [SUP]4 [/SUP]And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: [SUP]5 [/SUP]And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. [SUP]6 [/SUP]And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Revelation 17:5 (NASB) [SUP]5 [/SUP]and on her forehead a name was written, a mystery, "BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH."

It's not necessary Mystery Babylon, a misnomer, but it's there. Maybe next time you should read yer Catholic Bible. :rolleyes:

Nov 30, 2012
Revelation 17:3-6 (KJV) [SUP]3 [/SUP]So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. [SUP]4 [/SUP]And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: [SUP]5 [/SUP]And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. [SUP]6 [/SUP]And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Revelation 17:5 (NASB) [SUP]5 [/SUP]and on her forehead a name was written, a mystery, "BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH."

It's not necessary Mystery Babylon, a misnomer, but it's there. Maybe next time you should read yer Catholic Bible. :rolleyes:
My point is the "Mystery Babylon" theory is born of conspiracy.

Sep 30, 2014
Saturnday, Sunday, Moonsday, and so on...it's all pagan,

as for when Jesus was born
Luke 2:8
8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

Don't think shepherds are abiding in the fields in the middle of winter ... It's not Dec.31 for sure