Roman Catholic?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Harmano

Jun 30, 2020
The Papacy The church concludes that from Matt 6:18,19 You are Peter and upon this rock I will build my church. Problems with it's interpretation a) In Greek Peter is Petros a masculine derivative = a pebble; Rock is Petra a feminine derivative = a large rock: Your answer is Jesus spoke in Aramaic - Yet if you reason that out If Jesus was to make him the leader of the church He would have simply said I will build mychurch on YOU Peter, but he didn't. So you are to believe the bible not the Church a man made organization & not the bible.

1 Peter 2:7“The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,” My point is, the church is not built on what the Pope says, It's built on what His Word says. The Pope is a sinner just like us. Unless we trust in Jesus alone for our salvation than our faith is worthless read Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. and remember you only get into CHRIST by this verse

Rom 8:9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to Him as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 2:20 - I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me & the life I live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

1 Corinthians 15:16-19 “ For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins.Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If in this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.” ALSO perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
The Confessional God's word says to confess your sins to one an other It says nothing about a priest being able to forgive us our sins. God forgives sins not some human and certainly not a priest. Nothing in Biblical history was that ever a system of confession;

The Rosary Its a ritual of repetitive prayers that supposedly is for recreating the passion of Jesus and the procession of the cross. Jesus spoke against the religious leaders of the church sounding as if what the Lord wants and He says He's definitely against repetitive prayers

Praying to statues or the images of past people. In the 10 Comandments we are not to make false images and Moses spoke of it when came down to the people of making a calf to represent a person to worship. You conclude for yourself if thats not idol worship

If your going to be true to your faith answer these claims as the word says in 1 Peter 3:15 but in your hearts regard Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to any one who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you yet do it with gentleness and respect, having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.

I would like a response and or a refutation of what ive given here [email protected]

E

eternally-gratefull

The Confessional God's word says to confess your sins to one an other It says nothing about a priest being able to forgive us our sins. God forgives sins not some human and certainly not a priest. Nothing in Biblical history was that ever a system of confession;

The Rosary Its a ritual of repetitive prayers that supposedly is for recreating the passion of Jesus and the procession of the cross. Jesus spoke against the religious leaders of the church sounding as if what the Lord wants and He says He's definitely against repetitive prayers

Praying to statues or the images of past people. In the 10 Comandments we are not to make false images and Moses spoke of it when came down to the people of making a calf to represent a person to worship. You conclude for yourself if thats not idol worship

If your going to be true to your faith answer these claims as the word says in 1 Peter 3:15 but in your hearts regard Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to any one who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you yet do it with gentleness and respect, having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.

I would like a response and or a refutation of what ive given here [email protected]
Hey bro. And welcome. Question for you. Why would you open an old thread where alot of the people are not even here anymore to start this conversation

T

TheWaytoGo

The Roman Catholic Church,is the cruel Roman Empire's version of Christianity,and is a blending of paganism with Christianity.

What happened back then,could be dismissed if they straightened it out by now and were on the right track,but as you can see they are even more occultic than they were before,some even talking along the lines of the New Age religion,which is the worse occult religion to ever be in the history of mankind,for they do not accept a few occult ideas,but embrace every occult practice and belief on the planet,not only now,but from the past as well,which God warns us of them in 1 Timothy 4:1-3,who will put out an occult interpretation of Christianity,and will reinterpret all religions according to their occult interpretation,as part of the one world religious system.

I do not want to knock anybody's sincerity in God,but the Roman Catholic Church is a blending of the occult and Christianity,which you can see the things they do.

Jesus said do not fight for the kingdom of God by physical force,feed and clothe your enemies,love your enemies,if they do not listen to your message turn and walk away,be harmless as doves and wise as serpents,if physically abused to not physically abuse back,if verbally do not verbally abuse back.

If the Roman Catholic Church is the true Church,all someone has to do is explain how they could do all the fighting,and crusades,and persecuting,and did not show love,trying to extend power by physical force,showing hatefulness,that Jesus said not to do,and if you do go forth in that manner you are not on His side,and not a Christian.

Please explain this behavior to where it can fit in to the true Church of God,and I will believe they are the true Church.

They are the cruel Roman Empire's version of Christianity,and since the Roman Empire was seeking power and more territory,which God represents them as iron,and more determined to gain power than any other world power,they made their religion that same cruel way,making it a false Christian Church.

But if point it out you're the bad guy,and not tolerant,when where was the tolerance back then,and they do not tolerate it,but mainly with words,but hold unto your seats folks,it's going to be a bumpy ride,for they are going to do it again,for the Vatican will eventually be the one world religious system,when Europe and America join as one,which George Bush said no power on earth will be able to divide them,and they go by the fundamental beliefs of the New Age religion's Christianity,and represent all religions that have that occult interpretation as their core belief,they will go back to persecuting all other people who do not adhere to that,but this time they will have the world on their side.

But the Muslims will be persecuted too,so maybe it will be a time where the Muslims and Christians can sit down and have a chat,since they will be in the same boat,the world against them.

I do not believe all Catholics will follow them,and a lot will not,which some people that an evil pope is coming,and some believe the last 2 popes are leading the Vatican away from fundamental beliefs.

Have you ever read the book Two Babylons by Alexander Hislop? I highly urge you to do so, if you haven't.

T

TheWaytoGo

Do your research. The RCC is a break away from the ORIGINAL Church. In the year 200 or there abouts Constantine decided to take on the Christian faith as the national 'religion' of Rome as a method of not losing control over the people. He understood that if the people had the Word of God, they would have no need of government, because GOD would be their supreme Ruler. This could not be! So incorporating Christianity as the national religion and allowing the pagans to also keep some of their practices ...THIS was the beginning of the Roman Catholic Church. It was an apostasy and heretical, but it was all done to control the people.
In doing this, they forbade the people access to the written word of God and only gave them bits and pieces from the pulpit, along with TONS of religious and unbiblical, legalistics practices that were not found in Scripture. So the doctrine of MAN became what the masses were fed as 'truth' so Rome would not lose control.
This went on for centuries until Martin Luther, a priest, began reading and studying the written word of God..the scriptures, and discoverd that the ROMAN Catholic church had been keeping secrets from the people. Not only was it keeping secrets, it was imposing stiff fines for sins and charging fees for prayers and presumming to judge the spiritual condition of the people of the land. THe RCC had become a vile mixture of the ancient Pharisees and tax collectors all in one. The RCC BECAME the government of Rome...and it was not a righteous government. Hence...the RCC was NOT the First church...."church" meaning the Body of Christ. It was a perverted version OF the First Church...the believers mentioned in the Bible.
Maggie

You are absolutely correct. This period of time is known as "The Dark Ages", only the Gospel brings light to mankind.

S

SophieT

Sinless Mary The church teaches she was without sin. Yet the Bible says in Romans 3:23 - “ All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God” Vs 10 says There is none righteous no not one Luke 1:47 Mary says God my savior If she was without sin she didn't need a savior (The only qualifier is what “Bernadette of Fatima said when a lady appeared to her in a vision saying “She was the Immaculate Conception. As I mentioned in the initial verse sited

2 Tim 3:16,17 – 2 Tim 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

Its the only inspired book from the Lord. (there's no exception mentioned in Gods Word = DO YOU SEE ANY EXCEPTIONS on this?

AND

A Biblical Response is requested [email protected]
Gods Bible Word is the Final Word since God Inspired it

Dear Harmano

This op is from 2011, the last post being made April 25, 2011, except for your own posts and thewaytogo. Of course the 2 of you might be happy exchanging posts, but the original posters most likely will not respond. Consider also that several participants in this old thread have also been banned.

Further, it is highly undesirable to post your personal email address

CS1

May 23, 2012
I am just wondering how many here are actually Roman Catholics. I am new here and I get the impression that most are from other denominations. So, who is Roman Catholic here and what do you all think of the recent appearances of the Holy Mother in our century.

Overview of Medjugorje

FATIMA NETWORK: Our Lady of Fatima Online

Most in here are not of RCC, however, I would love those in the RCC to stop seeking the mother of Jesus and her appearance and get ready for the Appearing of the Lord Jesus Christ.