Running the Race

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HEIsRiSen

Feb 4, 2013
Running a long distance race requires much endurance to make it to the finish. Runners train for months, even years to condition themselves for such. Likewise, we are conditioned in the spirit to run the race set before us so that we also may endure to the finish.

Hebrews 12
12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, [SUP]2 [/SUP]fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. [SUP]3 [/SUP]Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
In this life we will face persecution, opposition, trials and tribulation. We must endure many obstacles, such as: sin, stumbling blocks, temptation, doubt and anything else that may hinder us. If we keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, we will persevere just as He did.

Isaiah 40[SUP]
28 [/SUP]Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
[SUP]29 [/SUP]He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
[SUP]30 [/SUP]Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
[SUP]31 [/SUP]but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
The Lord renews the strength of those who hope in Him.

1 Corinthians 9
[SUP]24 [/SUP]Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. [SUP]25 [/SUP]Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. [SUP]26 [/SUP]Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. [SUP]27 [/SUP]No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.
The prize for this race is not a medal, trophy, or a plaque; that which will not last. Our prize is a crown of life eternal!

With God's grace we will endure!

G

I AGREE WITH THE WORD OF THE LORD. YES IT IS TRUE. IF SOMEONE THINKS THAT ALL THAT IS NEEDED TO DO IS TO DO NOTHING, IT IS A DANGEROUS MINDSET. SCRIPTURE TALKS ABOUT BEING IN A BATTLE AND BEING A SOLDIER. THANK YOU FOR THE POST.