S.O.S

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

shyone

Hi,

I've never really done this and with ALL DUE RESPECT to everyone who is a regalar in a chat room, this is actually my desperate attempt for something...not knowing exactly what I'm missing.

I have lots of family and friends who love me, but I'm afraid to tired them out by talking about the same thing over and over. My life it's at a stand still at the moment; actually it seems like little negative things happen and nothing else. I thank God that he carried me through a divorce 2 years ago due to infidelity. Since - my life has not really felt stable. I went from a family, home, and a husband to loosing my home, my husband leaving me, and loosing my job. I am currently working; I attend church 1-2x's weekly and participate, but my heart seems so desperate for something. It doesn't help that no one has even come close to show interest in me, I don't even get a friendly 'hello' from the opposite sex. I'm truly trying, but my strength is running out and I feel pretty hopeless.

Aug 2, 2009
Maybe you are trying too hard. If you seem desperate to a guy it will scare him away. If that is the case, you need to find a way to be comfortable, happy and confident with who you are as a single woman and basically learn to relax and not sweat it when you meet a guy.

S

shyone

Thank you for your advice. I guess I should have phrased it a bit different, but I'm not desperate to be in a relationship. I admit it doesn't help the way I feel not to be noticed, however it's the lack "anything" happening in my life as well as feeling like God remains quiet during my despare plead for help. I've been told that in the hardships of life is when the Lord is may be quiet because he is working on that person, but my cry is for him to talk to me. I've also have been told that after every storm there's a rainbow, a slight demonstration of sunshine, but my world seems to stay cloudy. Don't know if that makes sense, but thank you again for your advice.

Jul 13, 2009
I'm sorry things have been hard for you. I guess all you can do is taking life by steps, one day at a time. I guess patience is one of the virtues you'll need the most and I'm sure you've used lots of it. If you ever feel like you're losing hope, don't doubt in praying to the Lord and pouring on Him all your sorrow and pain, He wants you to and He's not deaf to your pleading.
I sometimes think that problems in our lives are like a storm, even though it can be all gloomy and overwhelming, they're not everlasting and they do reach an end and there's clearer times after it as you said. So I hope you can look forward to these better times and use them as inspiration to keep striving. After all, the Lord does promise a better life for those who follow Him. I hope you can endure your storm, ask God to walk along with you and He will. :)

A

Aqua_Girl09

like the popular saying. stop telling God how big your storm is and tell your storm how big your God is.

don't keep crying out to God and you're not listening. my pastor says you shouldn't go a day without feeling God. so if that means you have to sit there and pray and worship in your room for two hours then so be it. but you'll defiantly be a better person for it.

and about feeling alone. listen to nothing but worship music for a week. ONLY worship music and you'll feel so in love with God you'll be waiting to hear the trumpet every 5 mins. >_<

be confident in yourself cause you shouldn't have to find your identity in someone else. you find it in your relationship with God. a guy will just add to the good things happening in your life.

K

Kooper

Hi,

I've never really done this and with ALL DUE RESPECT to everyone who is a regalar in a chat room, this is actually my desperate attempt for something...not knowing exactly what I'm missing.

I have lots of family and friends who love me, but I'm afraid to tired them out by talking about the same thing over and over. My life it's at a stand still at the moment; actually it seems like little negative things happen and nothing else. I thank God that he carried me through a divorce 2 years ago due to infidelity. Since - my life has not really felt stable. I went from a family, home, and a husband to loosing my home, my husband leaving me, and loosing my job. I am currently working; I attend church 1-2x's weekly and participate, but my heart seems so desperate for something. It doesn't help that no one has even come close to show interest in me, I don't even get a friendly 'hello' from the opposite sex. I'm truly trying, but my strength is running out and I feel pretty hopeless.
Uhm... I'm not trying to sound mean or anything. But, our understanding of God is seriously low. Even with all the knowledge we could gather, we would never understand why or how God works. But maybe He's trying to get you out of your comfort zone and is testing your faith with fire. Maybe He wants those impurities burnt out of you, so, that your faith will shine, even among the worst of storms. The Cross has been completely decorated to show comfort when it is a symbol of death to those who really follow Him. To those who choose to deny their lives for the sake of Jesus and His word. There are those in the new testament who say "Lord, I will follow you. But first..." But first... When God says He wants you, He wants ALL of you. Not just a piece of you. Not partially. He wants all of you to follow with a willing heart of a child. Maybe this is a test of your faith... Be sure to keep up the faith, and keep racing for that goal.

God bless, sister. May the peace of Christ be with you.