Sabath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
And consider this too...why follow rules or laws when you have the lawgiver Himself within? He leads us to greater ways then of outward obedience.
Are you saying it is just fine to ignore all the Lord tells you? I thought that having faith is the word and living by it is how we are free, for that is the path to true freedom. So you say why follow Christ's guidance, calling it rules not to follow? I don't think so.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Are you saying it is just fine to ignore all the Lord tells you? I thought that having faith is the word and living by it is how we are free, for that is the path to true freedom. So you say why follow Christ's guidance, calling it rules not to follow? I don't think so.
? Is Jesus not the Word? He's within us guiding us. Led by the Spirit. The bible doesn't give instructions to those who are trying to escape being beheaded. Does it? Led. There's more than just outward obedience to laws when it's life in the Spirit that He has given.

You don't understand this?

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
How can you define the scriptures about rest to exclude what God tells us about our body needing rest from our labors one day a week. To rest in the lord is an entirely completely different subject, if you mix them up you are distorting the word of God.

The rituals God gave is another example. You don't throw out what the rituals were to lead to because you are told to use another way to be led.
Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Only Christians understand Paul. Because Christians have come to Christ and received Rest.

It all hinges on this point.

And God doesn't tell us about our body needing rest from our labours one day a week. The 10 Commandments COMMAND a day of rest on the seventh day. This was a shadow of what was to come and what we would receive in Christ.

If it were so important for the body to rest on Saturdays why wasn't Adam commanded to do so?

Because you don't have to tell anybody when they need physical rest. The body tells the person when they need physical rest. Kind of a no-brainer. Like being commanded to breathe.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
? Is Jesus not the Word? He's within us guiding us. Led by the Spirit. The bible doesn't give instructions to those who are trying to escape being beheaded. Does it? Led. There's more than just outward obedience to laws when it's life in the Spirit that He has given.

You don't understand this?
It is not possible to live with the spirit of the Lord within and act with the spirit of the flesh.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
It is not possible to live with the spirit of the Lord within and act with the spirit of the flesh.
It's possible to be tempted and act out of old habits.

But, this wasn't even mentioned in my post so why did you?

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I am sorry. I'm afraid I am trigger happy over all the posts saying Paul says we don't need to obey any law, if it is written down it is out as if the spirit of the law has no obedience to it. I'll read posts with more care.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Sorry for this simple question, I could Google but I have some other questions too....
* What is the Sabath?
*What day of the week is it and why?
*What are you allowed/not allowed to do on the Sabath?
*How do you follow these rules?
*Why or why not do you follow these rules?
*Thank you.
When God was finished creating the heavens and earth, the living creatures on it, people and everything else, he rested on the seventh day. This is where the Sabbath came in. It is essentially a day of rest. God is God so he does not need to rest at all, but we as human beings need rest at times to prevent burn out. There are people in the world who are constantly rushing about and not hardly stopping to relax. This is not healthy but neither is the opposite extreme where one sits around and does nothing much of the time. Balance is key.

Someone said here that Jesus is our Sabbath rest and this also is true. Jesus said in Matthew 11:28-30: "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
labour not to be rich:
cease from thine own wisdom.
(Proverbs 23:4)