Safety razors

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Hamarr

I'm wondering if any of you have used the old school safety razors for shaving. I've been toying with checking it out for a couple of years, but want to finally get around to it if I can get into it for somewhat cheap. After the initial cost, it will be dirt cheap compared to using razor cartridges from most of the other options.

I've tried some of the cheaper cartridge options like Dorco razors from Amazon and have been really disappointed with the build quality. You can get 12 blades and the handle for cheap, but then can only go through like two cartridges before the handle breaks or something. I know Dollar Shave Club uses their razors too, which makes me leery of trying them out unless I just happened to buy both sets during a bad quality run.

It does look like a more enjoyable shave with the safety razors, too, even if it takes a bit longer. That's one of the more appealing things about checking it out for me as a sort of self-care thing.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I'm wondering if any of you have used the old school safety razors for shaving. I've been toying with checking it out for a couple of years, but want to finally get around to it if I can get into it for somewhat cheap. After the initial cost, it will be dirt cheap compared to using razor cartridges from most of the other options.

I've tried some of the cheaper cartridge options like Dorco razors from Amazon and have been really disappointed with the build quality. You can get 12 blades and the handle for cheap, but then can only go through like two cartridges before the handle breaks or something. I know Dollar Shave Club uses their razors too, which makes me leery of trying them out unless I just happened to buy both sets during a bad quality run.

It does look like a more enjoyable shave with the safety razors, too, even if it takes a bit longer. That's one of the more appealing things about checking it out for me as a sort of self-care thing.
Check out 'Harry's,com' they have reliable and reasonable products and funny commercials. Good luck.

H

Hamarr

I probably should have titled this wet shaving.

I broke down and ordered some stuff last week. I spent about $85 getting all of the initial stuff. On the plus side. It will be much cheaper going forward. You can get a box of 100 razors for $10-20.

Some of the stuff I ordered, including the shave soap has been delayed. I haven’t gotten the full experience yet but so far I am enjoying the experience a ton more.

jb

Feb 27, 2010

What about a "cut throat" razor?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I use the good old Bic Plastic throwaways. Have for years............tried electric and safety and others, but always right back to the Bic.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I know Dollar Shave Club uses their razors too, which makes me leery of trying them out unless I just happened to buy both sets during a bad
i've had good experience with dollar shave club

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
.........yeah, but.............I mean............what ya got to shave?
exactly -- i mean, talk about close shave
and i can't remember the last time i needed to buy extra cartridges