Saint Malachi 1:6-12 SAAS OSB page 1054.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Scotth1960

Saint Malachi 1:6-12 SAAS OSB page 1054.

SAAS = Saint Athanasius Academy Septuagint

OSB = Orthodox Study Bible

"Defiled Offerings'

"A son honors his father, and a servant his master. If then, I am the Father, where is My

honor? And if I am a Master, where is the reverence due to me?" says the Lord Almighty.

"You priests are the ones who disparage My name, yet you say, "In what way have we

disparaged Your name?" You offer defiled bread on My altar, but you say, "How have we

defiled You?" By saying, "The table of the Lord is contemptible and the food placed upon

it is contemptible." And when you offer the blind as a sacrifice, is that not evil? And when

you offer the lame and the sick, is that not evil? Offer it then to your ruler! See if he will

accept it, if he will accept it favorably," says the Lord Almighty. "But now earnestly

entreat the face of your God and pray to Him. These things have been done by your

hands; shall I accept these from you?" says the Lord Almighty. "For this reason, even

among you the doors will be shut, and you will not burn an offering upon My altar. I have

no pleasure in you," says the Lord Almighty," "nor will I accept an offering from your

hands. For from the rising of the sun even to its going down, My name has been glorified

among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered in My name, and a pure

offering, for My name shall be great among the Gentiles," says the Lord Almighty. "But

you profane it in that you say, "The table of the Lord is defiled; and the food placed upon it

is contemptible." St. Malachi 1:6-12 SAAS OSB page 1054.

1:11 A remarkable and clear prophecy that the Gentiles, in their worship of God in every

place or church will burn incense before Him -- as Israel had done. To this day, incense is

offered in nearly every service of the Orthodox Church.

1:12-14 In Malachi's day people complained that worship brings on weariness. Today,

people complain that worship is "boring." Worship was not designed by God as

entertainment, but for His people to have communion with Him."