Salvation. Thoughts?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Our salvation is in the hands of God the Father, and God tells us He will give us salvation through what Christ did for us. There is absolutely nothing we can do with how we work at this other than the one thing asked of us: to accept Christ.

I don't think a fleshly idea of salvation regardless of what we think or do after once saved applies to how God thinks of this. When we accept Christ that isn't limited to accepting only what He did for us, it means accepting all of Christ. We accept how Christ thinks of sin along with accepting Christ. We can change our minds about accepting God's way and then we are no more accepting Christ.

Our sins are always forgiven, it is our heart God looks at. Paul explains it so well in Romans 7:15: "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." It is whether we want to sin or don't want to.

Sin means death, it is part of sin. We can't want sin in our hearts and receive sinfulness we want unless we also take the death with the sin we ask for.

chanchuinchoy

Nov 26, 2015
Sungei Buloh, Selangor, Malaysia
For all those who are unsure about their salvation or are unsure if they have lost their salvation, please take the time to read.

In order to be 100% sure you are going to heaven (yes 100%) their are a few things you need to understand.

First: the Bible says we are all sinners, every single one of us. Romans 3:23: "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."

Second: Because we are sinners we deserve to be punished for that sin. Romans 6:23 (Partial Verse) "For the wages of sin is death"
Revelation 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. " So basically all of us as sinners are worthy of everlasting punishment. (but don't worry it is not over yet.)

Third: Jesus Died on the cross for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD. 1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" The Gospel is good news not bad news. In order for you to be saved you must believe. It is of faith alone not of works. Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Jesus dying on the cross saves you. Not your own righteousness. In order for you to be saved you must believe that what he did for us is enough to be saved. Nothing else.

Forth: Once you are saved you are always saved. This is an important principle of salvation. It gives you assurance that you are saved. We are sinners we make mistakes and God knows that. He does not expect us to be perfect. Here are some supporting verses. Romans 6:23 ( end of partial verse above.) "but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." God gives us a gift and that gift is eternal life. When we believe we receive this gift. Eternal, as I am sure everyone is aware, means forever. So when you get saved you are always saved eternally through Jesus Christ. Ephesians 1:13-14 "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory." So once you are saved, by putting your faith or believing in Christ for salvation, you are sealed with the Holy Spirit until Jesus returns to rapture up his people. Also as a side note there isn't a single clear verse in the Bible that says you can lose your salvation. But there are some cryptic verses that people will try to twist. Feel free to ask me about some if you would like.

Fifth: the way that we put our trust in Jesus is through confession which equals prayer. Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." So in order to put your trust in Jesus you must confess that you believe. If you do believe all these things, then you should pray this prayer to show God you trust him. "Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I know that without you I would have to pay for all my sins in hell. But I believe that you died on the cross for all my sins, and I now am putting all my trust in you to take me to heaven. And not myself. And I pray all these things in Jesus' name. Amen."

Thank you for reading. I hope this was a help to you and I hope you have a great day!

Sincerely,
Ricky
Simple, as the bible have rightly said whoever believe in Jesus and elieve that God raised him from dead has eternal life.

Jan 17, 2020
One thought on that. oh HI DAVE! What is "born of God"? I always wondered being born again or born from above what is created new? The new man which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. So that which is born of God.. can it sin? :) This flesh can. But that which is born of God does not commit sin. Just a thought
“And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.” Deuteronomy 30:6 (KJV 1900)

You can sin but learn it's better not to after God chastises you. It's a sure cure for sinning.

Jan 17, 2020
Christ humbled himself as a man. He is not a man. He is neither. He is God. Now when he was in the flesh he was a man, he needed to do this in order to fulfill prophecy but Jesus right now is by no means a man.
He is God in a glorified human body forever.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Forth: Once you are saved you are always saved. after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory."
I don't think this statement is in keeping with God's truth. The Lord gives us one thing necessary for salvation and that is belief in Christ. I think the Lord means that to include belief in all Christ is, and Christ is sinless. When we take our sins to Christ we accept Christ's being without sin. We cannot do that and still want sin for ourselves.

We are human and cannot be without any sin, Christ overcomes the impossible for us. Paul explains our part in this so well Romans 7:15: "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." We cannot make ourselves sinless except through Christ, but we cannot have a will of wanting sin and at the same time wanting salvation.

God in His mercy and grace looks at our hearts. When we blacken our hearts we put on the death of sin.

Rickyandx

Mar 29, 2020
I don't think this statement is in keeping with God's truth. The Lord gives us one thing necessary for salvation and that is belief in Christ. I think the Lord means that to include belief in all Christ is, and Christ is sinless. When we take our sins to Christ we accept Christ's being without sin. We cannot do that and still want sin for ourselves.

We are human and cannot be without any sin, Christ overcomes the impossible for us. Paul explains our part in this so well Romans 7:15: "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." We cannot make ourselves sinless except through Christ, but we cannot have a will of wanting sin and at the same time wanting salvation.

God in His mercy and grace looks at our hearts. When we blacken our hearts we put on the death of sin.
I do understand what you are saying. There is really no argument that after you get saved the Holy Spirit is in you and that obviously does make a change in your life. That does not exclude the fact that Jesus died for all of your sins. If you accept him through his sacrifice then your sins are covered. Now I do believe that someone can choose to willfully sin after they have been saved because they still have their flesh. Hebrews chapter 10 is a good example in that happening. But this does not have a damper on their salvation, but it does leave them open for chastisement by God. You can reference Hebrews chapter 12 for that. The matter of the fact is you do not punish a child for something they did not intend to do, you punish them when they do something willfully wrong. Unfortunately that is just part of our human nature and God does have a way of handling it with us on a personal basis through chastisement.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I do understand what you are saying. There is really no argument that after you get saved the Holy Spirit is in you and that obviously does make a change in your life. That does not exclude the fact that Jesus died for all of your sins. If you accept him through his sacrifice then your sins are covered. Now I do believe that someone can choose to willfully sin after they have been saved because they still have their flesh. Hebrews chapter 10 is a good example in that happening. But this does not have a damper on their salvation, but it does leave them open for chastisement by God. You can reference Hebrews chapter 12 for that. The matter of the fact is you do not punish a child for something they did not intend to do, you punish them when they do something willfully wrong. Unfortunately that is just part of our human nature and God does have a way of handling it with us on a personal basis through chastisement.
Of course, you are so correct that if we accept Christ our sins are forgiven. That is THE message of the gospel. What I see as God's meaning by accepting Jesus as including a need of accepting Jesus being free of sin, and I don't think we can accept Jesus without accepting what Jesus was. We have to accept Jesus in our hearts to truly accept Him, and accept His freedom from sin. If we hold onto sin in our hearts at any time we are not fulfilling the one requirement the Lord makes of us.

Rickyandx

Mar 29, 2020
Of course, you are so correct that if we accept Christ our sins are forgiven. That is THE message of the gospel. What I see as God's meaning by accepting Jesus as including a need of accepting Jesus being free of sin, and I don't think we can accept Jesus without accepting what Jesus was. We have to accept Jesus in our hearts to truly accept Him, and accept His freedom from sin. If we hold onto sin in our hearts at any time we are not fulfilling the one requirement the Lord makes of us.
Well I personally believe that every saved Christians wishes to be sinless. But people have problems and it takes time to overcome these problems, and for some people it spans their entire life. I think one of those big sins is lusting over other people, it is something you can control but at the end of the day most everyone is going to struggle with this their entire life. Many people take precautions against it as well. Just because you wish to be sinless and you proactively even try to be, does not mean you will be. That is my point.

G

G2RBeliever

1John 1:9 If we CONFESS our sins,He is FAITHFUL and JUST to forgive us our sins,and to CLEANSE US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS.