Salvation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Abing

I wanna post this for reference purposes only. No debates and all. For this forum has had enough lol.

God hates sin.A sinful man will surely go to hell.

For the wages of sin is death. (Romans 6:23),
The soul who sins is the one who will die. (Ezek. 18:4)
For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die (Romans 8:13)
Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. (James 1:15)

All kinds of sin are condemned and will bring you to hell. For God hates sin.

The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. (Gal. 19-21)
You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil; with you the wicked cannot dwell (Psalm 5:4)

God sent His Son to save us from our sins. That if we believe in Him, we will be saved.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son... (John 3:16)
That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)

Now this is the part where most people get confused. After being saved.

After believing in Christ, that He died for all our sins and was resurrected, what do we get? The salvation we all longed for. We were saved from the sins we have done and the sins that we had from our forefathers. Now, Does that mean we won't be able to sin anymore? Does that mean we will be perfect and without sin?. Of course not. That means your sins were forgiven. Once you get saved, that doesn't mean you will be perfect! Gal 19-21 is where you would find the most common sins that we (even believers) commit everyday. Selfish Ambition, jealousy, and all the others. I get jealous at times, now does that mean I wasn't saved for real? And what did Paul say about it? They will not inherit the Kingdom. We have a perfect God. So does that mean we are all going to hell? Yes. While we are still on earth we are prone to sin. And do the things God hate. Thats why He commanded us all to be watchful...

"Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness. ” Luke 11:35
“ ... take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly. For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man. ” Luke 21:34-36
"Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is." Mark 13:33
"Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, d rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. ” Luke 17:3

...be watchful in everything we do, for God hates sin. And repent...

Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. (2 Corinthians 7:10)
"Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent. " (Acts 17:30)
"I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish. " (Luke 13:5)
Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord (Acts 3:19)

Repent, for we are all sinners and have fall short of the Glory of God. And believe that Jesus died for you and will forgive you. Now, again,does that mean we are all going to hell? No.

Bottom line. God hates sin. Believers are not yet perfect. So be watchful in everything we do and repent for God hates sin. Don't let sin take away the gift of salvation God has given you and bring you to the lake of fire.

Watch out for deceptions!
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ. " Colossians 2:8
"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. But you be watchful in all things..." 2 Timothy 4:2-5

Matthew 7:16 - You will know them by their fruit.

R

Rosinsky

I wanna post this for reference purposes only. No debates and all. For this forum has had enough lol.

After believing in Christ, that He died for all our sins and was resurrected, what do we get? The salvation we all longed for. We were saved from the sins we have done and the sins that we had from our forefathers. Now, Does that mean we won't be able to sin anymore? Does that mean we will be perfect and without sin?. Of course not. That means your sins were forgiven. Once you get saved, that doesn't mean you will be perfect! Gal 19-21 is where you would find the most common sins that we (even believers) commit everyday. Selfish Ambition, jealousy, and all the others. I get jealous at times, now does that mean I wasn't saved for real? And what did Paul say about it? They will not inherit the Kingdom. We have a perfect God. So does that mean we are all going to hell? Yes. While we are still on earth we are prone to sin. And do the things God hate. Thats why He commanded us all to be watchful...
I am curious as to how you expect to make a statement like that and expect no debates? I am not going to respond because I think this debate is pointless and will ultimately lead to nowhere and that there has been far too many threads that either start with it or turn into it.

There was no need to start another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.