Satan's Meeting

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TosinAsLeader

1Jn_2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

What does this verse mean to you and does that mean that all things like Christian Metal, Rap, Rock etc., shows no love?

my_adonai_

Mar 19, 2012
1Jn 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1Jn 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

T

TosinAsLeader

1Jn 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1Jn 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
REQUOTE

What does this verse mean to you and does that mean that all things like Christian Metal, Rap, Rock etc., shows no love?
Listing bible verses I asked if they meant anything to you doesn't answer my question.

A

AgeofKnowledge

For a sec there I though this was a meeting of Obama and his cabinet.

M

Mayco

"Of this world" talk?
Come on. This is the stuff that turned me away from the "Born Again" mania of the 70's.
It was born again only in mouth and exterior cover, not in the heart.
If anything is of "this world" and has done more damage than anything, like Rock and Roll, is is social media.
Yet, the "of this world" people will still use the "worldly" things as long as they don't like it and benefit from it.
Enough!
Those are juvenile arguments.
Just remember Peter, when he thought he was stronger than he was.
Let's not get sucked int the "who is the stronger Christian" discussion, because none of us is that.
None of us are string enough.
Remember, none of us walked on water.
Thank you.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
No. IF that type of music can reach out to a particular group of peopel and bring them to the Lord then that seems to be a good example of love.

T

Theophane

rejoice83:

This reminds me of a book by C.S. Lewis called The Screwtape Letters. Have you read it? Do you know of it? :)

rejoice83

Sep 29, 2011
rejoice83:

This reminds me of a book by C.S. Lewis called The Screwtape Letters. Have you read it? Do you know of it? :)
I read this story somewhere but I don't know if it's from C.S Lewis, I haven't read that book. :)

T

Tintin

So, let me get this straight. You've read the book, you don't know that it's by C.S. Lewis, and now you haven't read the book? I'm confused!

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Washing machine owner's manual (read even if you're busy)

• Flammable fluids (dry-cleaning solvents,
kerosene, gasoline, etc.) should not be used
or stored in or near your washer.
Do not add flammable fluids to your wash
water.These substances give off vapors that
can create a fire hazard or explosion.
• After starting a cycle, do not reach into the
washer until all motions stop.
• Do not tamper with the controls.
• The appliance is not intended for use by
young children or infirm persons without
supervision.
• If the supply cord is damaged, it must be
replaced by the manufacturer, or its service
agent or a similarly qualified person in order
to avoid a hazard.
• If the appliance is supplied from a cord
extension set or electrical portable outlet
device it should be positioned so that it is not
subjected to splashing or ingress of
moisture.
Please ...
• Have only a qualified person install, repair,
or replace parts on washer.
• Maintain washer properly.
• Protect washer from the weather and keep
it where the temperature will not fall below
freezing.
• Do not install the washer at a place of
extremely high humidity. It could cause an
electric shock or a short circuit.
• Connect washer to the correct outlet,
electrical supply, water supply, and drain
supply

Understanding your responsibilities
• Do not use chlorine bleach and ammonia or acid(such as vinegar or rust remover) in the same
wash. Hazardous fumes can form.
• Unplug power supply cord before attempting to service your washer.
• Do not wash fiberglass material.
Small particles can stick to fabrics washed in following loads and cause skin irritation.
• Do not spray water on the control panel of the washer.
It could cause fire or an electric shock.
• In case of the dual valve model, if you connect only cold water inlet valve, while water
temperature is selected as hot or warm, there can be water leakage from unconnected water
inlet valve.
• This appliance must be grounded.
To avoid electrical shock, use a metal pipe for the ground connection.

T

Tintin

What are you on about, Pop?
Are you offering to do my laundry? :p

rejoice83

Sep 29, 2011
So, let me get this straight. You've read the book, you don't know that it's by C.S. Lewis, and now you haven't read the book? I'm confused!

LOL Tintin, :) I said I read this somewhere. Actually, somebody shared this story in our church group in FB and thought of sharing it here too. I don't know if this is from C.S Lewis book The Screwtape Letters 'cuz I haven't read that book.

T

Tintin

I'm still confused. It's one story, not many. Or do you mean someone shared a chapter in your church group on FB but that you didn't realise it was from C.S. Lewis' The Screwtape Letters?

No worries.

Feb 17, 2013
No. IF that type of music can reach out to a particular group of peopel and bring them to the Lord then that seems to be a good example of love.
okay liz, battle time, any music that brings them in. How does hell's bells bring them in. how does riding dirty bring them in. How does apple bottom jeans and boots with fur bring them in. Jesus said if I be lifted up

T

TosinAsLeader

okay liz, battle time, any music that brings them in. How does hell's bells bring them in. how does riding dirty bring them in. How does apple bottom jeans and boots with fur bring them in. Jesus said if I be lifted up

Your clearly missing the point. It doesn't matter how.

T

Tintin

Fruit should never be attached to one's jeans posterior.