"Savior Complex"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

TheWriter

From Wikipedia they define this as: "A messiah complex (Christ complex or savior complex) is a state of mind in which an individual holds a belief that he or she is destined to become a savior. The term can also refer to a state of mind in which an individual believes that he or she is responsible for saving or assisting others. "

However, so many people have been told that they have this. Is it really psychological? Or is it just compassion for people that you care for. Someone told me that it seems that I have this. However, the way I feel about certain things, and you may think differently, is that I do not.

The reason is, there is really nothing "wrong" with helping someone. We are called, to "love thy neighbor, as yourselves." So, if we love ourselves with UN-measurable love? Then how can we not express that to even, a stranger. It all resides into who, and what you are. Which is a Christian. To be Christ Like is to be loving as He is.

In respects to this, many people place labels on others just to try to understand something, in which themselves can not make head or tales about. When I think about the statement that was said to me, the people in History come to mind. Martin Luthar King JR, plus Abraham Lincoln. These two people helped others, at times more than themselves.

Where Martin had a dream to no limits, in turn had Abraham push the envelope to set these people free.

Racism still exists today, in my city it is more so the ones I encounter.

I go into a restaurant, I get looked at like I am evil, my order gets pushed back so that the people behind me gets served first.

We were at popeyes one day, we ordered our food. They knew our order, and we sat there infront waiting for 10 mins as the people behind us got our food first. Yes it sounds bad, even from me. However a lot of people show pure hatred.

Even at work because I wear my cross, and because I stand up for myself.

I refuse to remove my cross to satisfy anyone in this city. One reason why I was told that I have the "complex." Is clearly because I told this person I wanted to quit the saftey committee because no one listens to us, it is like wasting time. Also that I got real upset when I learned one of my co workers over dosed on drugs, in which just got out of his 90 day probation period.

I do not see a complex in that though, to be quite honest. That is just a "label" to as where, love for others? Is needed more than ever

Feb 28, 2016
you have every right to wear a cross if it means something special to you and you alone -
on the other side of this controversy, is that our Christ has 'risen' and so there would be no need
to be 'reminded of this by a 'symbol', for our hearts are rent in two with Him, we need no 'reminder',
especially the symbols that have our Saviour's body hanging on a chain - He is RISEN, to never be bound
upon a chain of His PAST - we are to look upon and live by His resurrection, this is to be our focus...