Saying "God bless you" now listed as a microaggression by Boston college

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

7seasrekeyed

Re: Saying "God bless you" now listed as a microaggression by Boston college

oh my goodness!!

when i sneeze, i almost always sneeze twice!

:eek:

same here

my husband looks at me sideways waiting for the 2nd one all the time

I really like pepper, so...well you know what can happen there haha

7seasrekeyed

Well I believe some people lose half their brains when they sneeze so I still say "God bless". :)

that could be messy and hard to prove and I personally resent it :mad:

K

kaylagrl

that could be messy and hard to prove and I personally resent it :mad:

Oh you shouldn't! If you sneeze twice your brain goes back in again :eek:

Nov 12, 2015

was there any recommendation for an 'appropriate' response to a nearby sneeze that would not be considered aggressive?

perhaps,

"COVER YOUR MOUTH!!!"

?
If someone aggressively sneezes on you, to shout COVER YOUR MOUTH!, is a reasonable amount of microagression in response.

7seasrekeyed

Oh you shouldn't! If you sneeze twice your brain goes back in again :eek:

oh you mean on the intake

could still be messy...

A

AuntieAnt

You have a kind and peaceful heart auntie.

But do you really think all the litigation for over 50 years now over God, the bible and the name of Jesus is because the bulk of Christians are bullying and mean? Some are, like west borough, but then they prove by their hatred that they are NOT followers.
Awww, you are so kind! :eek: :::hugs::: Thank you for saying that, sweet sister but I do know that in my flesh ain’t nuttin’ good. Seriously, if you knew my natural (carnal) attitude, you’d shudder. *eek* I die to it daily. :p I’m only speaking what the Lord’s putting on MY heart. In other words, I’m posting what God is teaching ME, and anyone else who He wants to hear it.

Those who know me know I’m a fighter for those who are bullied on this site. But I’m learning to take my hands off things and wait on God now because always my flesh gets in the way. Even when I “know” I’m right, I still am learning to wait on God to move. And 99 times out of ten, God moves ME outta the way until I see things differently. He shows me His righteousness on a matter. Ya know? It shouldn't come as a surprise to me by now that my flesh is never in line with His will. But His Spirit in me puts me right with Him all the time. He is faithful.

My precious daughter-in-law Melita demonstrates God’s grace and self-control in circumstances. I am amazed at her composure in difficult situations. I know it’s Christ in her, but I’m still amazed by her and her entire family’s gentleness and grace. My family is more aggressive and boisterous and I don’t like being that way. So I’ve been practicing keeping my attitude in check and dying to my aggressive emotions and waiting on God. 61 yrs old and still learning. :rolleyes:

No, I don’t think the majority of Christians are bullies. I praise God for those who stand in faith so God can move mountains. In fact, I myself have been an advocate in court for people being taken advantage of. And I agree that our rights as Christians should not be taken away. In fact, I wish more Christians would get off their butts and actively take a stand, get involved in their community, and reach out to their neighbors and get to know them, be Christ to them and let the world SEE what a real Christian is. Otherwise, if all they hear is condemnation all the time, they don’t see Christ Jesus, they see us complaining about how unacceptable they are. That's all I was saying. Does that make sense?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 12, 2015

It does make sense auntie. :)
And yes, it goes without saying that when I see my Lord in others, I'm seeing Him, not them. :)

And I know that when He's showing you something, you just naturally end up talking about it. Even to the point with me that others say I'm completely off topic sometimes when I can clearly see there is a connection and they just need glasses. :D

I don't think this university has declared this rule about not saying God bless you if someone sneezes because they are sick and tired of aggressive Christians running around being rude to everyone on campus. But then, I might need glasses...

K

kaylagrl

oh you mean on the intake

could still be messy...
Haha My mother just adopted a little dog from a shelter. When she got her home she started choking.Come to find out she had a reverse sneeze and couldn't catch her breath! Now she's on allergy pills.How we love our animals.

7seasrekeyed

Haha My mother just adopted a little dog from a shelter. When she got her home she started choking.Come to find out she had a reverse sneeze and couldn't catch her breath! Now she's on allergy pills.How we love our animals.

awwww

I had a dog that did that

used to stick my finger down her throat to unblock and it helped

but for sure dogs can have allergies..and if they have one to their food...it can be real dodgy to figure it out

Mar 7, 2018

Funny thing about sneezes. When people sneeze and someone says 'bless you". This actually comes from an old belief that when you sneeze it was expelling a demon. Just a useless bit of trivia to brighten up your day. Bless you lol

Aug 2, 2009

Funny thing about sneezes. When people sneeze and someone says 'bless you". This actually comes from an old belief that when you sneeze it was expelling a demon. Just a useless bit of trivia to brighten up your day. Bless you lol
I heard it was because your heart stops for a split second, but same difference I guess....

K

kaylagrl

awwww

I had a dog that did that

used to stick my finger down her throat to unblock and it helped

but for sure dogs can have allergies..and if they have one to their food...it can be real dodgy to figure it out

Hummm, this little dog always gently mouthes our fingers and pushes them down her throat.We couldn't understand why,perhaps thats it! I'll have to try that and see if it helps.

7seasrekeyed

Hummm, this little dog always gently mouthes our fingers and pushes them down her throat.We couldn't understand why,perhaps thats it! I'll have to try that and see if it helps.

well I got the idea out of a good book I have written by a vet...I should have mentioned that