Schizo Tech / buildings thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 14, 2022
Sometime back I came across this schizo post and while I don't agree entirely with the premise I think there is something to be learned from the anon that posted this.

In some ways it reminds me of the writings from Ted Kaczynski technological society and its future if you don't know was the Unabomber. His thesis was that technology no longer serve the needs of man but instead we live to serve technology. An example he gave what's the car originally gave man the ability to go greater distances in a day than he ever could have before. But soon however cars quickly became something that was an optional advantage to something at least for many parts in America a non-optional necessity to living in modern society.

Again with Ted kaczynski's writings I don't fully agree but I do recognize the truth within his words that you should be careful and no weather technology you possess is serving you or the other way around. Again I say unto you it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God Matthew 19:24. The above verse I think perfectly encapsulate the thinking a both writers for in this verse talks about a rich man the thing about rich people is they have a lot more responsibilities to look after then the simple poor.

Both authors aren't entirely correct and their assumptions if you haven't read the works of Ted Kaczynski I would highly recommend it as his ideas are at least worth reflecting on.

Attachments

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Buildings can be useful, for shelter, cooking , storage, organisation.
I guess the answer to this is viewing everything as God does, through His eyes.
It’s a very interesting point but don’t you think buildings are just an expression of the heart... like the Temple built to honour God, they can be built for good or for evil/pride like the Tower of Babel... very thought provoking this thread... don’t people get all prideful the bigger and cooler house they have lol... but it can be a blessing to have a nice home... I think the most important thing here is the heart and the real question is about idolatry.
The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eye, the pride of life... are not from God.
I personally find this testing sometimes... like when I see a nice sports car or an expensive handbag lol and I have to ask the Lord to help me gain a right perspective because materialism is a deception. Material things are so temporary and nothing on this Earth can compare to the Pearl of Great Price Jesus.

Mar 14, 2022
Buildings can be useful, for shelter, cooking , storage, organisation.
I guess the answer to this is viewing everything as God does, through His eyes.
It’s a very interesting point but don’t you think buildings are just an expression of the heart... like the Temple built to honour God, they can be built for good or for evil/pride like the Tower of Babel... very thought provoking this thread... don’t people get all prideful the bigger and cooler house they have lol... but it can be a blessing to have a nice home... I think the most important thing here is the heart and the real question is about idolatry.
The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eye, the pride of life... are not from God.
I personally find this testing sometimes... like when I see a nice sports car or an expensive handbag lol and I have to ask the Lord to help me gain a right perspective because materialism is a deception. Material things are so temporary and nothing on this Earth can compare to the Pearl of Great Price Jesus.
I agree idolatry is what it comes down to when it comes to technology or structures you have to ask whether or not they are a tool that serves a purpose for you or an idol which you serve. Ted Kaczynski no not a Christian essentially points out this problem in his ass a technological society and its future. Furthermore it could be argued that currently we are more so slaves to our technology then you the utilizing them as useful tools.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
... the writings from Ted Kaczynski technological society and its future if you don't know was the Unabomber.
I watched a documentary on him and the hunt to find him mounted by the FBI. Considering how the ineptitude of the FBI is portrayed, it is a wonder they caught him at all. A new recruit using unconventional means focusing on linguistics brought Ted Kaczynski, aka the "Unabomber", to justice after nearly a 20-year manhunt.

Mar 4, 2020
Sometime back I came across this schizo post and while I don't agree entirely with the premise I think there is something to be learned from the anon that posted this.

In some ways it reminds me of the writings from Ted Kaczynski technological society and its future if you don't know was the Unabomber. His thesis was that technology no longer serve the needs of man but instead we live to serve technology. An example he gave what's the car originally gave man the ability to go greater distances in a day than he ever could have before. But soon however cars quickly became something that was an optional advantage to something at least for many parts in America a non-optional necessity to living in modern society.

Again with Ted kaczynski's writings I don't fully agree but I do recognize the truth within his words that you should be careful and no weather technology you possess is serving you or the other way around. Again I say unto you it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God Matthew 19:24. The above verse I think perfectly encapsulate the thinking a both writers for in this verse talks about a rich man the thing about rich people is they have a lot more responsibilities to look after then the simple poor.

Both authors aren't entirely correct and their assumptions if you haven't read the works of Ted Kaczynski I would highly recommend it as his ideas are at least worth reflecting on.
This post seems to speak to the idea that non-living corporate entities have more rights and power than individuals do. Where I disagree is that it is the brick and mortar buildings themselves that are in control, but they are the front. As a result, people are, in theory, ruled by corporations that are housed inside of the body of a building.

It's the question of why they want you to believe that unions are hated; they aren't hated unless you're a manager or a stakeholder with something to lose. Unions wrest control away from corporate entities and give more power to individuals to control the quality of their life; suddenly you're free and can't be controlled or bought. That's a problem to the powers that be.

In essence, if you aren't making your own decisions then you're someone's or something's slave. Even the Bible continually invokes the image of slavery with passages about not being able to serve two masters (Matt. 6:24) or being a slave to sin or a slave to righteousness (Rom. 6:18.) It's a powerfully accurate parallel to the reality we all live in.