School that bans students from gay homes is allowed to accept school voucher money

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

1still_waters

Oct 31, 2011
How refreshing! Our freedoms are being slowly taken from us, usually, just as Hitler did in Germany. They even say that we are not free to have any thing Christian in lots of places, saying that it is public places and we are not allowed in public places. To be allowed Christian policies in our Christian schools without punishing us with refusing any of our tax money is quite a wonderful change.

Nov 30, 2012
Umm...I have to disagree with this, because this is more punishing the child for the sins of the parents. Its not the kid's fault he has two dads or two moms. We can agree that the parents are living in sin, but wouldn't this punish the child. Also, wouldn't this also affect single moms or dads who have chosen to raise their children?

wanderer6059

Oct 27, 2013
ya this makes sense????? stop messing with the kids and people wonder why everyone's starting to hate us.

Sep 30, 2012
So as Christians I assume that they want to spread the good news, but then they do not spread it to the people that according to them need it the most. That just doesn't make any sense.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Myrtle Grove Christian School in Wilmington, North Carolina doesn't allow students whose home life includes homosexual or bisexual activities.

New private school policy could deny admission for gay home life - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC

The school will be allowed to receive public money from school vouchers.

School admissions policies won’t affect voucher eligibility - WECT TV6-WECT.com:News, weather & sports Wilmington, NC
as it should be.
sorry for the children in the family (if there are any).
but there are other schools they can attend.

since apparently the family doesnt really believe the Bible or Christ anyway. i dont see the problem.

it says:

home life includes homosexual or bisexual activities.

it does not say:

home life includes persons with former homosexual or bisexual lives; or: home life includes penitent persons seeking to overcome homosexual or bisexual problems, etc.

stay faithful to your convictions Myrtle Grove Christian School.
there`s NOTHING wrong with separating your kids from the whole world of homosexuality.
we are supposed to.

just picture it - the active homosexual parents showing up daily.
pretty soon sensitivity training.
pretty soon insistence on stuff added to the curriculum.

NOT NEEDED.

Last edited:
D

didymos

It doesn't really matter if have anything against homosexuality or not; the kids can't help it.

If the 'sins of the fathers' are a reason to punish their children by denying them admission to a certain school, I'm afraid the teachers of that school won't have anything to do.

shrimp

Aug 28, 2011
wouldn't it be nice if the school actually reached the parents with the gospel and God convicted them of their sins and, as a result of of allowing those families in, the families turned to God and became Christians who went and reached others for Christ.

C

Coil

As long as the school is truly private, I agree that the school can have the right to accept whatever students it stipulates. HOWEVER, I can't agree with this school's position on banning students from houses with sexual immorality. I went to private school my whole education, and it truly formed who I am. If my school adopted this policy, I would have been banned from the school and had no haven from a sinful family life.

Also, I'm so tired of Christians bullying gay people as if that is the worst of all sins.