Scripture Memory Verses

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

hattiebod

The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. Zeph. 3:17

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
This is a wonderful verse to memorise: Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; [6] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the Spirit: for the letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth life (2 Corinthians 3:5-6).

Jeremiah 31:33 is a parallel verse,
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Under the old covenant no one was able to perfectly uphold the law engraved in stone. The law lacks grace and mercy to save but brings condemnation (death) by bringing the knowledge of sin.Thank God for enacting the new covenant in which His Spirit quickens the sinner and inscribes the law in the table of their heart at regeneration - this leads to a transformed heart, mind, and will. There is freedom in Christ Jesus. Amen. :)

Last edited:

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
This is a wonderful verse to memorise: Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; [6] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the Spirit: for the letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth life (2 Corinthians 3:5-6).

Jeremiah 31:33 is a parallel verse,
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Under the old covenant no one was able to perfectly uphold the law engraved in stone. The law lacks grace and mercy to save but brings condemnation (death) by bringing the knowledge of sin.Thank God for enacting the new covenant in which His Spirit quickens the sinner and inscribes the law in the table of their heart at regeneration - this leads to a transformed heart, mind, and will. There is freedom in Christ Jesus. Amen. :)
Amen Sister, and this is parralleld in Hebrews 10:11-18 and I see the Spirit of the Law as Love God's type 1 cor 13 and see this iswaht isput on our new hearts
[h=3]Christ’s Death Perfects the Sanctified[/h][SUP]11 [/SUP]And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. [SUP]12 [/SUP]But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, [SUP]13 [/SUP]from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. [SUP]14 [/SUP]For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.
[SUP]15 [/SUP]But the Holy Spirit also witnesses to us; for after He had said before,
[SUP]16 [/SUP]“This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them,” [SUP]17 [/SUP]then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” [SUP]18 [/SUP]Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin.

M

MarkayMrk777

"For Those Who Honor Me, I Will Honor"​
1 Samuel 2:12-36​

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Romans 8:28 [SUP] [/SUP]And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

HEIsRiSen

Feb 4, 2013
Isaiah 40
[SUP]28 [/SUP]Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
[SUP]29 [/SUP]He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
[SUP]30 [/SUP]Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
[SUP]31 [/SUP]But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Photoss

Sep 15, 2012
Isaiah 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Two of my favourites!

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
This week's challenge for me:

2 Timothy 1:7-12

7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:
11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.
12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
:eek:

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
This week's challenge for me:

2 Timothy 1:7-12

7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:
11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.
12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
:eek:
you go starfield you go

Jun 19, 2011
Matthew 11:28

Come to me, all of you who are tired and carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest.

M

MarkayMrk777

[h=3]Colossians 3:2[/h]New International Version (NIV)

[SUP]2 [/SUP]Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
Colossians 3:2

New International Version (NIV)

[SUP]2 [/SUP]Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things

That's a good one. I have managed to memorise verse 1-3.

This week's challenge:
Desire the wholesome word of God to grow spiritually.
1 Peter 2:2-3 (KJV) As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
This was my chapter today. Love it :)

(The Heritage of the Righteous and the Calamity of the Wicked)

Psalm 37...

Do not fret because of evildoers,
Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity.
For they shall soon be cut down like the grass,
And wither as the green herb. Trust in the Lord, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.

Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Do not fret—it only causes harm.

For evildoers shall be cut off;
But those who wait on the Lord,
They shall inherit the earth.
For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more;
Indeed, you will look carefully for his place,
But it shall be no more.
But the meek shall inherit the earth,
And shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

The wicked plots against the just,
And gnashes at him with his teeth.
The Lord laughs at him,
For He sees that his day is coming.
The wicked have drawn the sword
And have bent their bow,
To cast down the poor and needy,
To slay those who are of upright conduct.
Their sword shall enter their own heart,
And their bows shall be broken.

A little that a righteous man has
Is better than the riches of many wicked.
For the arms of the wicked shall be broken,
But the Lord upholds the righteous.

The Lord knows the days of the upright,
And their inheritance shall be forever.
They shall not be ashamed in the evil time,
And in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
But the wicked shall perish;
And the enemies of the Lord,
Like the splendor of the meadows, shall vanish.
Into smoke they shall vanish away.

The wicked borrows and does not repay,
But the righteous shows mercy and gives.
For those blessed by Him shall inherit the earth,
But those cursed by Him shall be cut off.

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord,
And He delights in his way.
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
For the Lord upholds him with His hand.

I have been young, and now am old;
Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken,
Nor his descendants begging bread.
He is ever merciful, and lends;
And his descendants are blessed.

Depart from evil, and do good;
And dwell forevermore.
For the Lord loves justice,
And does not forsake His saints;
They are preserved forever,

But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.
The righteous shall inherit the land,
And dwell in it forever.

The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom,
And his tongue talks of justice.
The law of his God is in his heart;
None of his steps shall slide.

The wicked watches the righteous,
And seeks to slay him.
The Lord will not leave him in his hand,
Nor condemn him when he is judged.

Wait on the Lord,
And keep His way,
And He shall exalt you to inherit the land;
When the wicked are cut off, you shall see it.
I have seen the wicked in great power,
And spreading himself like a native green tree.
Yet he passed away,and behold, he was no more;
Indeed I sought him, but he could not be found.

Mark the blameless man, and observe the upright;
For the future of that man is peace.
But the transgressors shall be destroyed together;
The future of the wicked shall be cut off.

But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord;
He is their strength in the time of trouble.
And the Lord shall help them and deliver them;
He shall deliver them from the wicked,
And save them,
Because they trust in Him"

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
2 Timothy 1:13-14: "Hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me, in faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. That good thing which was committed to you, keep by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us."

N

Nancyer

Psalm 143:10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May Your Good Spirit lead me on level ground.