Seeking advice

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

musicalgirlie

Thank you first of all for even looking at this prayer request!

I'm struggling with a situation with a friend just now, and as well as asking for prayers about it, I'm seeking advice.

My friend is getting married in 8 weeks time, to a man she has been engaged to for 4 years, and has been dating for a total of 8. She had to move away from him not long after they got engaged to come to University. (I might add that she is only 21.)
However, lately, her behaviour has become quite...rebellious? She has been kissing several other people (men, women, gay, straight), people she knows, as well as people she meets on a night out. She has been engaging in sexual acts with several of them, and she has slept with someone too. Possibly more than one person, but I know of one for sure. Unfortunately I know all this through gossip-y friends, and now, I'm not sure what to do.

Her behaviour is unacceptable, and she is obviously not happy with her engagement. It's not okay.

Do I talk to her about it?
I know that I personally can't go to her wedding, as I don't support her marriage...
I don't know what I should do next.
I fear that anything I do could be the end of our friendship. And I can't seem to work out what the right thing to do is.

I know I'm struggling with this, so I can't imagine how she must feel about it!

Please, pray for this situation. I am open to all guidance, please, if you have any.

Thank you.
Beth x

Oct 20, 2011
Dear lord please help her to figure out what to do. Thank you. Amen

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying that Jesus will guide you and grant you understanding in this.

God bless
pickles

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I will pray for you and her. God bless

D

destiny

D truth is bitter and not every one that want to hear it but d truth remaineth d truth and one day it must be review . So pls stand on d truth tell her d truth I pray dat God will help u.

P

psychomom

Beth, only God can tell you if He wants you to speak to her. If He shows you this is the right thing to do, He will also give you the words and enable you to speak the truth in love. It's difficult when you think of losing a friendship, but I am sure you know we are to count all things as loss compared to Jesus.

I don't envy your position, and will definitely seek the Lord on your behalf! <3

~ellie

S

shekaniah

If I were in your shoes...

I would say; "Hey, I'm hearing rummors about you...are they true?
And If they are, maybe you should rethink your engagement."

We are to walk in Jesus's example...

He would tell her the truth, plain and simple.

I will pray for your friend and for you to gain the wisdom to talk to her.

God bless, Shekaniah

M

Miguel7

Music Girl, I agree with Shekaniah. If your friednship has you in the position to speak into her life, then it is worth the risk of losing that friendship to help save her and her potential husband a lot of grief. Though this type of confrontation is hard and a lot of people don't want to hear it up front, the way of the Lord is better for them in the long run.

Father, I pray that you will give music girl an open door to speak if she is meant to, and the direction of Your Holy Spirit to lead her in prayer. Amen.

I'm struggling with a situation with a friend just now, and as well as asking for prayers about it, I'm seeking advice.

My friend is getting married in 8 weeks time, to a man she has been engaged to for 4 years, and has been dating for a total of 8. She had to move away from him not long after they got engaged to come to University. (I might add that she is only 21.)
However, lately, her behaviour has become quite...rebellious? She has been kissing several other people (men, women, gay, straight), people she knows, as well as people she meets on a night out. She has been engaging in sexual acts with several of them, and she has slept with someone too. Possibly more than one person, but I know of one for sure. Unfortunately I know all this through gossip-y friends, and now, I'm not sure what to do.

Her behaviour is unacceptable, and she is obviously not happy with her engagement. It's not okay.

I know that I personally can't go to her wedding, as I don't support her marriage...
I fear that anything I do could be the end of our friendship. And I can't seem to work out what the right thing to do is.

Please, pray for this situation. I am open to all guidance, please, if you have any.

Thank you.
Beth x

F

frankleespeaking

Thank you.
Beth x

actually this is about the easiest problem I've seen on this forum, the bible says " bad friends corrupt good character" seeing all the inside information you have on this girl, you shouldn't even want to hang out with someone of this character on a regular basis, certianly we can't live in a box, but your also called to live at a higher standard....lose the girlfriend

Keenen

Apr 20, 2012
l.facebook.com
I will keep you in my prayers. Take this situation with love, patience, and understanding. Keep in mind "what would Jesus do". I will pray that God guides you. :)

Proverbs 18:24:
"A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother."