Seems like nothing works often times.....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Matt37777

Just very frustrated at life. I feel like much of the time anything I say or do only hurts people even if it's nothing bad that I'm doing. So I'm starting to think maybe I shouldn't say or do anything anymore. Just so bored with life and I'm not sure what to do next in life. Anyway please pray that something will come up that might be worth me pursuing and that I get over my fears.

S

shekaniah

I have felt this way before...
be slow to speak,
quick to listen,
and pray before talking.

God can give you wisdom...here are the verses that say so!

James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

James 1:19 & 20
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

God Bless, Shekaniah

GodssSon

Apr 29, 2012
I'm praying for you Matt! I've felt similar before as well. Don't give up and don't be discouraged. Just keep pressing on, seeking God and staying in his word. He'll guide you.

"Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone" [Colossians 4:6]

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Good advise already given and I agree with them. :)
Ill keep praying for you in Jesus.

God bless
pickles

I

Indubitably

Matt, I'm strugging through a similar situation right now. I look at my words in these posts and I believe most of it is sound and loving. But in the lives of two people I cherish, I could say the word bubblegum and cause hurt. I cannot figure it out, but I know the enemy is deeply involved. I could not ever hurt intentionally, but what settles in the hearts of people because of so many of life's circumstances, is beyond our imagination. I know that all we can do is love openly and approach each situation in the wisdom and grace of God and act in the power of the Holy Spirit. I know also that we must pray for those we hurt whether or not we meant to hurt them.

I Cor 13:4-
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.

P

psychomom

Hi, Matt. :)

I am asking the Lord for all you need. ♥

Ephesians chapter 4 gives good, Godly wisdom for our dealings with one another,
and I take my own prescription daily (cuz I need it! ;) ).

Grace to you, and peace, in the love of Jesus,
ellie

P

psychomom

Matt, I'm strugging through a similar situation right now. I look at my words in these posts and I believe most of it is sound and loving. But in the lives of two people I cherish, I could say the word bubblegum and cause hurt. I cannot figure it out, but I know the enemy is deeply involved. I could not ever hurt intentionally, but what settles in the hearts of people because of so many of life's circumstances, is beyond our imagination. I know that all we can do is love openly and approach each situation in the wisdom and grace of God and act in the power of the Holy Spirit. I know also that we must pray for those we hurt whether or not we meant to hurt them.

I Cor 13:4-
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.
I seek the Lord on your behalf for these things, too,
dear brother! :)

You have been such a wonderful addition to this site,
and I thank God for you! ♥

-ellie

S

shekaniah

I seek the Lord on your behalf for these things, too,
dear brother! :)

You have been such a wonderful addition to this site,
and I thank God for you! ♥

-ellie
Agreeing with post & prayer :)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Matt, some one who is near and dear to me was this way, no matter what he said, it seemed always to be heard wrong.
I was one of them who was hurt, and often puzzled as to why they always did this, even when they were trying to be funny or kind.
No need to go into a long story as to why and how it was realised, but one day all was understood with Jesus's help. :)
You see, this man did not love himself as called to in Jesus.
You see, when one does not love theirself as their neighbor, it shows in the words they speak, and the attitude of their heart.
Not that they hate, its just the love is not seen, because it is not held for their self.
It was amazing how the words and actions of this person, although not all that different, were seen so very different, once he loved himself as Jesus wanted him to. :)

Now I cannot say if this is what you are struggling with, I just wanted to share it in case it my help you.
For when one loves Jesus first, then one's self as Jesus wants one to, the love for their neighbor shines through and is seen, simply because the love of Jesus shines brightly in them.

note; the love spoken to here is not the worldly love, but the perfect love that Jesus has for you. :)

You continue in my prayers in Jesus name for all to be made perfect in Jesus. :)

God bless
pickles