Self Improvement VS Changing Who I Am

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KhedetOrthos

Dec 13, 2019
Let's see in short category form:

I'm not having surgery to make myself acceptable to someone
I'm not going to change my values to make myself acceptable to someone
I'm not going to invest in a relationship based on my ability to change in order to progress the relationship
I'm not going to change habits that I know are good and necessary for me (going to church, brushing teeth, etc)
Basically this. For the most part, take it or leave it. If they are very invested in a particular hobby, I might try that out.

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
I intentionally select companions who are willing to help me grow and tell me hard truths. I test this during our acquaintance and gauge his perspective on controversial issues. I can’t respect his leadership if he minces words or encourage him to tackle difficult subjects if I lose my head.

I see my connections as divinely forged and look for opportunities for growth and betterment. Whether it’s through a friend, partner, or prospect. I’m not rigidly attached to much because He may have a better end in mind. Bucking the progress is pointless.