Separated by the truth or united in the lie? (Part 2)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
Separated by the truth or united in the lie? (Part 2)

• “Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not be innocent; but the seed of the righteous shall be delivered.” (Proverbs 11:21).

The wicked shake hands in order to make agreements more gainful:

• “My son, if sinners lure you, do not be willing. If they say, Come with us, let us lie in wait for blood, we will watch secretly for the innocent without cause; let us swallow them up alive as the grave, and whole, as those who go down into the pit; we shall find all precious goods; we shall fill our houses with plunder; cast in your lot among us, and *let us have one purse*. My son, do not walk in the way with them! Keep back your foot from their path, for their feet run to evil and make haste to shed blood.” (Proverbs 1:10-16).

Nevertheless, how harmful is the agreement in the evil! See what came about these people below:

1- Sapphira, who agreed with Ananias (her husband) in tempting the Holy Spirit lying to Lamb’s Bride:

• “And Peter answered her, Tell me whether you sold the land for so much? And she said, Yes, for so much. Then Peter said to her, How is it that you have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? Behold, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door and they will carry you out. Then at once she fell down at his feet and expired. And the younger ones found her dead, and, carrying her out, buried her beside her husband.” (Act 5:8-10).

2- Herod, who didn’t tell off people when they tried to put him in the place of the Creator:

• “And on a certain day, Herod sat on his throne, dressed in royal clothing, and made a speech to them. And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god and not of a man! And immediately the angel of the Lord struck him, because he did not give God the glory. And he was eaten by worms and gave up the spirit.” (Act 12:21-23).

See the awful warning of the Creator to those who have fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness instead of reproving them (see Romans 5:11):

• “If a prophet rises among you, or a dreamer of dreams, and gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder which he foretold to you occurs, saying, Let us go after other gods which you have not known, and let us serve them, you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For Jehovah your God is testing you to know whether you love Jehovah your God with all your heart and with all your soul.” (Deut 13:1-3).
• “When I say to the wicked, You shall surely die; and you do not give him warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked one shall die in his iniquity; but I will require his blood at your hand. Yet if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul. And when the righteous turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and when I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die. Because you have not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at your hand. But if you warn the righteous so that the righteous does not sin, and if he does not sin, he shall surely live because he is warned; also you have delivered your soul.” (Ezek 3:18-21).
• “For every one of the house of Israel, or of the stranger who lives in Israel, who separates himself from Me and sets up his idols in his heart, and puts the stumbling-block of his iniquity before his face, and comes to a prophet to ask of him concerning Me; I Jehovah will answer him Myself. And I will set My face against that man, and I will make him desolate for a sign and for proverbs. And I will cut him off from the midst of My people; and you shall know that I am Jehovah. And the prophet, if he is deceived, and he speaks a word, I Jehovah have deceived that prophet. And I will stretch out My hand on him and will destroy him in the midst of My people Israel. And they shall bear their iniquity. As the iniquity of the inquirer, so the iniquity of the prophet shall be.” (Ezek 14:7-10).
• “Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help, and lean on horses and trust in chariots, because it is great; and in horsemen, because they are so very strong, but they do not look to the Holy One of Israel, nor do they seek Jehovah! Yet He also is wise, and will bring evil, and will not call back His Words, but will arise against the house of evil-doers and against the help of those who work iniquity. And Egypt is a man, and not God; and their horses are flesh, and not Spirit. When Jehovah shall stretch out His hand, both he who helps shall fall, and he who is helped shall fall down, and they shall all cease together.” (Isaiah 31:1-3).
• “Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.” (Mat 15:14).

Have a good day pushing you away even from the evil appearance (1Thess 5:22) and exposing this to ignominy (see Col 2:15). Tomorrow we will keep on.