Serious Bible Study - Are you willing to be a disciple of Jesus?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

HeIsNowHere

If you are serious about follow Jesus Christ and receiving his kingdom here which consists of Joy, Peace, and Righteousness (right living) and if you are serious about fulfilling your purpose as God has called you as HIS MASTERPIECE to do Good Works Eph 2:10 "And you are God's Masterpiece created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advance for you to do." and you know that you will never be able to be equipeed to do those good works that God has for you unless you study Gods word - 2 Tim 3:16-17 "All scripture is God-Breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness SO THAT THE MAN OF GOD MAY BE THOROUGHLY EQUIPPED FOR EVERY GOO WORK." Wiith this I beg you to begin a serious bible study. I recommend the Navigators 2-7 Bible study. The first book is 11 weeks. It will give you methods of how to read and mark the Bible, how to highlight what God teaches you with his God-Breathed word, how to pray effectively, and how to memorize key scriptures that will keep you on course as you follow Jesus Christ in this life. You can also train others to do the same. Get a group together or start an internet group on this now. Some people have groups in church that do not do much Bible study. Start using this in your groups. If you are a leader in the church why would you not want all your leaders to go through this kind of training? Everyone one of them should be willing and if they are not I believe they would not be qualified as a leader. Not to force things but folks the church is weak and does not know Gods-Expired, God-Breathed word hardly at all. By doing this the church will become strong again and not compromise with evil human philosophies that many continue to let in.

WordGaurdian

May 1, 2011
Hello there. I am not sure I get the whole Navigators 2-7 Bible study...and praying effectively?? Isn't the Bible easy enough to understand? I know we don't always want to believe it... just like a teenager does not always believes their parents. But surely it is straight forwards. As for praying effectively. Didn't Jesus already do that? As for memorising scriptures? What does that have to do with a personal relationship with God. I mean some people have good memories and others don't. Is the one who does not have good memories now less holy than the one that does have good memories? Isn't it our fruit which must be similar to that of God's that truly enlighten our thoughts en ways an aid us in learning more of Him. Don't get me wrong. I am all for knowledge. But isn't it God that teaches and we that listen and obey? If I can't remember all the words that my wife told me throughout the year, does it mean I love her less? Or is it the way in which we spent time with each other. Listening to each other. Being truthful towards one another. And out of that flows joyious moments and graceful walks.

As for praying... Jesus said keep it simple. Who are we to ignore that vital instruction in Matthew 6.

Pray out of your heart, for your Father in Heaven already know what you are going to ask anyhow.
Or do people honestly believe that if they pray in this or that manner that God will hear them more than others?
Do people honestly think that you can twist God's arm for something?
Sometimes I hear people say they are going to Fast, because they have not received what they prayed for???
Seriously. Don't they understand the purpose of fasting. Jesus made it clear.

It is just us, being sometimes a bid in the unintelligent parts of our brains that wish to make some kind of this or that out of something so simple.
It is communication. You talk to the Heavenly Creator of All things. He answers you. You listen. If He said Yes. Than it will happen. If He said No. Then it won't.
If you ask Him for advice. He gives it freely and willingly. And might even bless you extra because He loves you. If you think you know better, He makes sure that He destroys your arrogancy before it destroys you.

If you sin, you get punished. If you bless others, you get blessed. If you worship the Father in Spirit and in truth, He will receive your worhsip with Joy. If you give it as a gift and not expect something in return, then only have you truly worshipped. If you give anything to anyone and you expect anything in return it is not a gift but currency and therefore God will not bless it. But if you die to it as the seed dies in the ground. Then God will bless it and you. And both shall be blessed.

That what you do must not be tricky, but pure. Don't make promises. Let your yes be yes and your no be no. May your words bless others and encourage them and if need be guide them if they are on the wrong track.

Jesus said the Pure of Heart shall see God. Not the people who can memorise all the scriptures. It is good to know what is in the Bible, but the Holy Spirit will remind you of the things that are necessary for your rememberance. But what is more important is the relationship you have with God. How you listen to His words and obey His Commandments ... for it is written not everyone that calls me Lord Lord will enter the Kingdom of Heaven but they that do the WILL of My Father. How can we do the WILL of the Father if we do not heed His voice. Or is not written Faith cometh by Hearing and Hearing by the Word of God. And without Faith it is impossible to please God.

But where are the sermons on "How to hear God's voice" or "The Importance of Obedience". Or How to use your faith in a day to day basis in your job and lifestyle, amongst your friends, family and healing them and aiding them by the Faith we have in God. Where are the sermons that teaches How to understand the Kingdom of God and what it means when Jesus and John said the Kingdom of Heaven is near you.

To your question : Do I wish to be a disciple of Jesus. With all my heart, soul, mind, spirit, strenght and body. I will confess Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He has come in the flesh and has conquered death and sits now at the right hand of the Father in Heaven. And I will do my utmost to teach others the same. To teach them the Good News. That Christ has died for our sins and I will teach them the knowledge the Father taught me. And the signs at the end of the Book of Mark follows...

Careful for the people often have a NEW way of praying that everyone should do... or a NEW way of fasting or a NEW 40 days of this or a NEW anointing flow.
New things are good if they come from God. But careful that you do not confuse that as a relationship with God. Build a relationship and understand that God is God.