Setting an Example for Us

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
When the question arises whether or not Jesus and God were the same being, some point out that Jesus would speak to God and conclude, therefore, that they are two beings.

Perhaps that is true, but I think Jesus spoke to God to show us that WE should speak to God, and how to go about doing that. He was setting an example for us.

M

Meridoc

When the question arises whether or not Jesus and God were the same being, some point out that Jesus would speak to God and conclude, therefore, that they are two beings.

Perhaps that is true, but I think Jesus spoke to God to show us that WE should speak to God, and how to go about doing that. He was setting an example for us.
I agree, but the debate is not quite as simple as that, there are many passages that seem to suggest that Jesus and God are separate beings, but there are also many very clear statements that say they are one. I used to believe as some do on here that Jesus and God are separate, but have realized through study of the word that they are one but its more complex unity then our human minds will ever fully understand. The problem is that many state that they are separate not because they really have proof, but because it doesn't make sense to their human minds that they could be one. They limit God to our understanding when they should be taking God at his word.

A

AnandaHya

I say ask God when we meet Him in Heaven.

May 4, 2011
God with multiple personlity disorder... now that... that would be funny :D

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Jesus said, I do not give as the world gives. :)
I believe this applies to all that is Jesus, God Our Father, the Holy Spirit.

I have often pondered that Jesus main teaching was on serving .
I wonder if this serving is the glimce we may look to in all that is the greatness of God.

God bless.
pickles

Dec 19, 2009
I believe in one God, not three.

Jesus said the first and great commandment is that we are to love the Lord our God with all our hearts, minds, and souls. I believe we need to have a personal relationship with him to do this.

F

FireOnTheAltar

You should try reading Once Saved Always Saved theology sometime. They believe that you are both a sinner and a saint at the same time. That you can fully embrace a sinful lifestyle and still be saved because of some mystical seperation of the Spirit and the Flesh which the bible itself never speaks of which totally eliminates the need for sanctification. Talk about bi-polar disorder...

Last edited: