SEX, LOVE & MARRIAGE - Zac Poonen(Must Read)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

luke3436

[FONT=&quot]Sex, love and marriage! What vital subjects! None can remain unaffected by them. And yet what [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ignorance prevails about the real purpose of these gifts of God to mankind. In our country, instruction on these matters is usually not given either by parents to their children [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]or by pastors to their young people. As a result, young people obtain their information in [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]perverted forms from the "gutter". The world and the Devil are quick to teach them in their own [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]way what the church should have taught them first in a pure way. Ignorance about the Scriptural [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]teaching on these subjects has left most young people defenseless against Satan's subtle attacks in [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]these realms. This book is an attempt to cater to this need. It seeks to look at sex, love and [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]marriage from God's viewpoint. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]God Himself is the essence of true love and He is the One Who created sex and ordained [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]marriage. He alone can therefore tell us what love really means, and how sex and marriage can be [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]used for our greatest good. What God has said in His Word, we shall find is contrary to much that [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]this world teaches on these subjects. But the teaching of God's Word is like a rock. He who builds [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]his life on it can never fall - no storm or earthquake will ever shake him. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There are some matters on which one cannot be dogmatic: in these I have refrained from [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]dogmatism. But there are other matters on which one cannot but be firm. On such matters I have [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]tried to express myself unequivocally. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have done some plain speaking in this book which may shock the prudes! There are some strong [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]statements too. Most evangelical Christians in India, I fear, have soft-pedaled these issues for too [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]long. Many a young life might have been saved from ruin if Christian leaders had spoken with a [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]firmer voice on these matters. Hence I make no apology for hitting hard in some places. I have [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]seen many Christians falling into Satan's traps in the realm of sex. I have also seen many [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Christian" marriages that have fulfilled the devil's purpose instead of God's. I cannot but open [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]fire now with the deadliest weapons in the armoury. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Chapter Six, "FOR GIRLS ONLY", has been kindly contributed by my wife. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I would urge young people to read through this book seriously. To be forewarned is to be [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]forearmed. Prevention is better than cure. Taking heed to what is said herein may save you from [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]many a heartache and many a shipwreck in the future. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In many places where I have used the pronouns, "he" and "him", they do not refer only to men. I [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]have used these words in a generic way to refer to mankind in general - and so women are [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]included too. The places where this is so will be obvious to the reader. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am indebted to a number of believers who read through the original manuscript and offered [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]helpful comments. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Scripture quotations are from the Amplified Bible except where otherwise stated: Amplified Old [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Testament

Attachments