Shalom

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

persistent

Calvinists believe that men cannot choose Jesus as their Lord and Savior. They believe that babies come into this world with the choice already made for them. They believe that some are born predestined to go to heaven and the rest are born to go to hell without the option to come to Jesus. It is complete Paganism and diametrically opposed to the Gospel.
A statement of Charles Haddon Spurgeon

I would propose that the subject of the ministry of this house, as long as this platform shall stand, and as long as this house shall be frequented by worshippers, shall be the person of Jesus Christ. I am never ashamed to avow myself a Calvinist, although I claim to be rather a Calvinist according to Calvin, than after the modern debased fashion. I do not hesitate to take the name of Baptist.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Hi Oyster67, I listen to Charles Spurgeon and almost sure he is a Calvinist and sounds ok to me. Your statement has me a bit concerned. But I have to check on this and I am a little disturbed right now.
Everyone should find Calvinism disturbing. The Bible says that Jesus died for all and is not willing that any should perish. He knocks on every heart's door. We all have a choice to make.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

2 Peter 3:9
“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”

Revelation 3:20
“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I am never ashamed to avow myself a Calvinist,
I do not hesitate to take the name of Baptist.
We should hesitate to take on any name or label other than that of Christ Himself. There will be no denominational distinctions made in Heaven, and neither should there be any made here.

We are Christians. We are one.

Ephesians 4
4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.