Sharing a bed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Carmy

zero, I think even being in the same room could lead to sin. Especially if the 2 are on a romantic trip together. The closer they become, the harder it will be to abstain. Plus, as was mentioned earlier, the bible is clear that we are to avoid the appearance of evil.

Phia

Jul 7, 2011
Well "doing it" before marriage..definitely a sin.. Sharing a bed..not a sin..but it could lead to sin if there is temptation.. like if you live on your own..I would advise you to not share a bed with a gf..because you'll definitely be tempted..I know when my older brother was engaged and he still lived at home..My parents would allow his fiancee to sleep over but there were certain rules lol..like they had to sleep on two different mattresses and the bedroom door had to be kept open at all times.. But personally I think it would be best not to share a bed at all..but that's just my opinion..

G

GreenNnice

++--++
God bless you, jonboy, and, I say to you:

The power within you is there to wait on Him for her, done rightly to sooo reward, strengthen, move you (Isaiah 40:31) . The right girl, the right situation, the time , from God all to you, will come but ONLY in His great timing as you seek Him more in everything you do, delighting yourself in daily things of His desire for you (Psalms 37:4)

won't be easy either, for the Enemy (Satan) is VERY real, but God usurped Satan's power, long ago, through God arising His son from death after dying, horribly, accountably for not his Earthly sins but yours, mine, everyone's . That act set the ball in motion for power from God inside you , dwelling unquenchably with the Holy Spirit's presence to guide, protect, conscience you soooo blessed, jonboy, through your planned life (Jer 29:11-13 Psalms 139) known from God for you from your beginning :)

Commit your life everything to Him , i think Proverbs 16:3 says, to commit your plans to the Lord and you will have success. Regardless of that paraphrasing true or not, it ^ is true . Everything good is from God, we must trust and obey to get it.

You have faith in Christ enough to believe He died on the cross and you will one day go to Heaven after you die. So, now, have faith to in His leading your life, greatly, on Earth now and forever the rest of your time here. :)

Note: I may be preaching to the choir here , so to speak, talking to you, jonboy, I KNOW already , from this thread, your tough choice not to have a girl you're attracted to come to stay at your place, let alone sleep in your bed (eeeek! : ). God is sooo good, let Him lead, He will hold your hand,though you will let go, at times, with doing worldly sin things , as is human for us all, but NEVER let go of Him. :)

J

jonnoboy

Well i have changed now, she is coming now, but we wnt share a room, :)

Sorry if i have let anyone down :(

G

GreenNnice

Well i have changed now, she is coming now, but we wnt share a room, :)

Sorry if i have let anyone down :(
-------
That's OK,, the Lord leads.
God bless you, jonboy, before she arrives KNOW what you will and won't do and pact it with her and .....
God. May God strengthen you through her coming over to stay at your place. He will, if you ask. He won't, if you don't. I pray you ask :)

J

jonnoboy

aww cheers Grenn :D

G

GreenNnice

----
You bet. The Lord leads. He, seemingly, has great trust in you to do this kind of thing, great priviledge granted, use it well. :)

Asianplum

Jan 7, 2012
We all have the same questions. Thanks for posting this.

W

Wycliffe_Erika

Heyyy Everyone, ok so I have a chance to have a gf, great news! However I am worried about what is a sin and what isnt, is sharing a bed (without doing anythnig) a sin, or is only "doing it" a sin?

Thank

Jonno
Jonno,
Hello, how are you? Well, sharing a bed is not a sin, but having sex before marriage it is

"Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral." Hebrews 13:4

"You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery." Matthew 5:27
though is dangerous cause the Bible awares us that we will have dangerous situations that we will be likely to sin, you have to notice that in this situations the mind and the heart is deceitful and God doesn's wants us to be in this situations/places.
Your mind will also play tricks on you and you will wnat to have sex with your girlfriend in bed, and God condemns those thoughts:
"But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Matthew 5:28

So, if I summerize all in all, YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY NOT SHARE A BED WITH HER!!! TURN AWAY CLOSED AND DARK SPACES THAT YOU COULD LIKELY BE WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND