Should artificial intelligence be allowed to evolve

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Should artificial intelligence be allowed to evolve

• Yes

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I have My reasons why they shouldn't

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
AI works well controlling and managing vast amounts of Input from sensors. AI manages Many of the Military Tasks like Deployment of Carrier Battle Groups. It searches for replacement crews cuts orders, orders supplies, schedules Maint. AI is just a computer program with a set of instructions. It only does what it is told. If it is told to learn from the internet it will be influenced by it. China has a Big AI program written by Google, it monitors everyone and everything and assigns values to people. An AI program Killed Solymani. "The Report I Read" (disclaimer) said that a Grey Eagle drone hacked his phone and followed him round, till he was in a safer place for a missile shot without killing any Friendlies. Military Drones are flown by AI now. AI manages the US ICBM Deterrent Force. Uses satellites and all assets to determine DEFCON. It wont let a First Strike Happen. I think you call it "Space Force" it was called "Star Wars Defense" back in the 80s. Yeah its real. It was never cancelled it just went "Dark". In some circles its Jokingly called "Sky Net". There is a bit of fear when they say it. AI ran a scenario 2 years ago for US Intel(Washington DC). The subject was War with China in the South China Sea. AI ran the data. US looses 2 Carrier Battle Groups and 1/3 Submarine Force. US Navy Deaths 5000. USA takes 30 years to recover. China? Completely Destroyed and never recovers. AI did not look at or comment on the rest of the world, DC wasnt Interested. Kinda Cool Huh? But why does the US Navy have 5 Nimitz Class Carrier Battle Groups around the South China sea right now? In a US Election Year? Im not saying war with China is eminent. NATO and Russia on the Brink(Gog). Israel and Hamas war. Iran and the Houthis. Psalm 83. OOPS! Looks like it might be time.
Because sailors and pilots need to come home for R&R and be stateside long enough to return to normal. The boat also regularly needs dry dock and re-supply time for repairs, upgrades and things only available in the USA.

One in dry dock, two on furlough, and two active duty.

The reason why so many currently is Russia, China, and Middle Eastern tensions. Nevermind Somali Pirates and others shooting and taking cargo ships hostage. We have conflicts on more than one front.

A lot of people are fighting or wanting to start fighting and we are holding the peace. One Carrier Group is usually enough to destroy a small country. Where the military minds believe that a strong show of force is necessary...I think it makes them a target.

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Ok...
But it can't tell the difference between what is true or not true. It can't do novel research to determine truth...it can't and will never be able to.

AI only does what you tell it to within the parameters given. Where it might seem intelligent...it's just aggregating data. It doesn't know how to handle surprises.

Now where it can seem to "think" it only reacts in pre-established patterns. We don't have completely viable self driving cars and trucks yet....because the 3-D world doesn't completely compute in a 2-D world.

They have weaponized AI. Drone technology now has swarm tech based in part on AI. You send a swarm of 1,000 or more drones to destroy an army and you really don't need a radio signal from home base anymore or GPS coordinates. It will find them and destroy them.

Things ain't like they used to be for sure. What is going away is many "office jobs" that AI can do.

Windows 3.1, when it was new, was great....expensive especially with the original version of Microsoft Office. But now it's shareware....absolutely free if you want a copy. But Windows 10 and the latest version of Office are still expensive. Does that mean that Windows 3.1 won't work on an older machine? Or even Windows 95? Of course not....they still function well.

And that's a problem....

Of course AI doesn't function on a laptop. It needs a HUGE amount of processing power and ultra fast indexing memory that only recently has been developed and mass produced. That doesn't mean that old computers stopped working...

But soon enough...the machines will be replaced, the "AI" will be upgraded. Curbs put in place...all kinds of things. AI will be used on the stock exchange...kept from robbing banks. But it doesn't have a conscience. It doesn't know right from wrong. Office jobs will become obsolete soon. Programming code will become obsolete.

Kinda crazy....

Thinking for yourself usually circumvents all input and eventually, whether true or not, decisions are based on what is 'input' and that holds true for human beings as well.

Input decides what goes on between your ears.

For better or often worse, that's about it.

Dec 18, 2023
The question at hand is.

If there is a world wide pandemic worse than ever.

And a very high percentage of doctors get sick.

Should cyborgs be able to perform major surgery without authority of doctors to guide them, and act on there own authority.

The cyborgs would be able to perform major surgery with the ability to act upon reading human telepathy.

The cyborgs would know how deep to go in the surgical cut, by understanding the level of shock a patients mind produces as the cyborg cuts further and deeper.

So as the cyborg cuts deeper and deeper, the level of shock outputted from a human mind in a telepathy reading machine, from the cyborg would reach a critical level, so the cyborg knows exactly when to stop.

Something doctor can not do.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
in any area of life that is beneficial to mankind & for a Christian productive way, yes. when ai removes privacy, Jesus, christianity & implements control, it should be squashed immediately.

Dec 18, 2023
in any area of life that is beneficial to mankind & for a Christian productive way, yes. when ai removes privacy, Jesus, christianity & implements control, it should be squashed immediately.
Hi Karlon the other question proposed in the discussion.

Is there such a thing as AI

Or is it merely just a mirror of human conscience evolving

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Hi Karlon the other question proposed in the discussion.

Is there such a thing as AI

Or is it merely just a mirror of human conscience evolving
yes, there is ai. & it's progressed much more than most people know. the old fashioned strategy to implement change little by little & then, with super great force, complete the change, is being acted out now. it's certainly best to be a born again Christian because i believe our time on earth is quite short.

Dec 18, 2023
yes, there is ai. & it's progressed much more than most people know. the old fashioned strategy to implement change little by little & then, with super great force, complete the change, is being acted out now. it's certainly best to be a born again Christian because i believe our time on earth is quite short.
How can it be ai if it's man made, please explain this to me,

I'm not truly having a hard time understanding all this hype over what I feal is an invented word like Ai

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
satellites, robots, chips, detecting cards, etc. all are intelligence devices to scan you, record you, log you into policing systems so you can be found quickly & controlled. your identity is barely private anymore.

Dec 18, 2023
satellites, robots, chips, detecting cards, etc. all are intelligence devices to scan you, record you, log you into policing systems so you can be found quickly & controlled. your identity is barely private anymore.
hello Karlon 😊

I would have replied sooner but I don't want to fall into disagreement with you.

I would like to say I raised the topic in the hope that people would not fear artificial intelligence, but also I raised the discussion because there was a nationwide discussion about it at the time where I live.

But you know nothing is hidden from the lord anyhow, so does it make any difference to what artificial intelligence can do, our refuge is in Christ anyway.

Remember the scripture that says give what to Caesars is Caesars.

Isn't all this control of AI you talk about just about, ceaser getting back what he wants back

Dec 18, 2023
The race is good on to develop ai

1711595597807.png

https://www.forexlive.com/news/whoe...elligence-first-wins-the-whole-game-20240326/

Whoever develops artificial general intelligence first wins the whole game
  • ...but what if the game changes?

Adam Button

26/03/2024 | 19:53 GMT-0

There is a common sentiment that no amount of money spent on chips, servers and human capital is too much. Why? Because the prize is unimaginably large.

The race is certainly on and the thinking is that developing artificial general intelligence (AGI) could offer insurmountable competitive advantages. The first mover in AGI could dominate various markets, from technology and finance to healthcare and education, due to the transformative capabilities of AGI.

I can certainly see the argument. In pharma alone, AGI could unlock dozens of life-changing medicines like a cure for cancer that would generate untold billions in profits. In finance, it could be a money-printing machine. AGI could optimize supply chains, predict market trends, personalize customer experiences, and automate customer service, thus revolutionizing the retail and e-commerce sectors.

Here is where the thinking starts to get muddled.

The expectation is that the winner(s) of the race will be able fully exploit the advantage, cornering markets and utterly dominating.

I can see that.

But I can also see many scenarios where the game is changed. The idea of patent technology was to foster innovation and reward inventors. If a server farm is inventing everything and all the rewards go to it, can we really tolerate that.

What if an AGI identifies all the undiscovered deposits of oil, gas and minerals worldwide and stakes every claim? Is that fair play? Will governments tolerate that? I'd wager they don't and so it will go with pharma and any other invention with a government-backed moat.

The global patent system is far more fragile than investors realize and that's my bet for the major black swan of the 2030s.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
AI only does what you tell it to within the parameters given. Where it might seem intelligent...it's just aggregating data. It doesn't know how to handle surprises.
AI can and does learn and self-adjusts apparently, my son works in the field of AI and AI can do more than aggregate data.

When a programmer writes the code they build in a variety of scenarios I would think, but not sure if that would be a "surprise" per se.

We had a lengthy discussion on this over the weekend as it pertains to Meta and Tik Tok, I was never worried before, even when Elon Musk was sounding the alarm, I will admit it may be true Ex Machina is at our doorstep.

The reason this topic came up is because several school boards in Ontario, Canada and the USA are suing various social media platforms. The code in these platforms adapts to the user, so technically the program is learning.
Interesting times.