Should Christians take prasad?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
www.101christiansocialnetwork.com
My understanding is that we are free to eat anything but if it has been made obvious by the one selling it or giving it,
that the food has been offered to idols we mustn’t buy it or eat it least we be seen to agree with the deity they believe in. We might know but not have been told, and if so we can say without lying, I was not told this food had been offered to idols. This is, in my understanding why the verses stress to buy and to eat WITHOUT asking questions. And why also Paul says if someone tells you “this meat has been offered to idols” then for the sake of not appearing to be ok with idols, we then have to refuse.

I have no issue with anyone disagreeing but I cannot really see any other meaning in these verses.

We are not called to never offend but
to avoid offended when it is possible. It would certainly have offended the host of such a feast in the example
Paul gave, just as in the example
You are faced with in your situation. But
Offending in such a case was of no concern to Paul, it seemed to be of greater importance to ensure a believer wouldn’t give the impression of knowingly eating food offered to idols. (Despite the fact he and we know it is just food and nothing more and we can eat it ordinarily if no one had made the matter clear and put us in that situation.)

1 cor 10

25 Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:

26 For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.

27 If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake.

28 But if any man say unto you, this is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it...
I didn’t have chance to edit for times sake, but the issue of conscience is not about the believers conscience here but the conscience of one who thinks it’s ok to offer meat to idols. The meat seller, the host and the one eating with you at the feast... in all cases it is so we don’t appear to approve of the offering of anything to idols. Best to play dumb and not ask those questions when possible.