Should ministers show compassion towards homosexuals?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Matthew 19:13-15

Jesus Blesses Little Children
(Mark 10:13–16; Luke 18:15–17)
13 Then little children were brought to Him that He might put His hands on them and pray, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” 15 And He laid His hands on them and departed from there.

Who bought the little children before God?

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Matthew 19:13-15

Jesus Blesses Little Children
(Mark 10:13–16; Luke 18:15–17)
13 Then little children were brought to Him that He might put His hands on them and pray, but the disciples rebuked them. 14 But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” 15 And He laid His hands on them and departed from there.

Who bought the little children before God?
What was the purpose for the blessing?

Doesn't God bless all His children? God makes the sun to shine on the good and the evil. It is the goodness of God that leads men to repentance.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
What was the purpose for the blessing?

Doesn't God bless all His children? God makes the sun to shine on the good and the evil. It is the goodness of God that leads men to repentance.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I agree with what you are saying.

Maybe I should have been clearer.
Jesus blessed the children.
Those children would have been there with their parents.
Some of those parents would have been sinners (assumption)
So by allowing Jesus to bless their children they were consenting to it.

Maybe the way it worked in Jesus day is different to our day.

Today we have infant baptism (chrtistening) in various denominations. And it's not unusual for the parents to be unbelievers or in fact attend church.
They have to attend church over a period of time and a few meetings are held to discuss the christening.

At the end members of church are asked to pray for the child and the family.
In some churches there are groups of people who are intecessors and will pray for the family and the child as part of their prayer ministry.
In our church we dedicate babies or young young children.
I have never seen unbelievers in our church ask for that.