Should women be held accountable for the effects their fashion has on men?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 22, 2013
I didn't look for her. She just appeared. Maybe she was in the world. Maybe it was a picture on Facebook.
I saw the picture. And immediately, I was enticed. I was tempted to entertain thoughts about this woman, and consider pursuing her in some way.
Pursuing her would involve thinking about her, thinking about doing things with her, spending time interacting with her for the ultimate aim of having some sort of encounter with her.
I said no to the thoughts and put them away. But by no act of my own, the thoughts cropped up like weeds. I simply continued to say no and put them behind me.
If I were in a relationship or marriage, I would have abandoned thoughts of my current relationship and focused on this woman in the place of where my current partner should have been.

I made a post on Facebook about Mysoginy and the attitude of men towards women that touches on this:
https://www.facebook.com/bleenko/posts/10201189294002613

I made another post about this same thing:
https://www.facebook.com/bleenko/posts/10201200089832502

Should women be aware of how they present themselves and how this will affect men?
Will they be held accountable for broken marriages, ended relationships, rampant lust, and sexual sin simply because of how they chose to dress?

I know that it's hotly debated about rape, and about how women dress and responsibility.

But I'm talking about just causing men to lust, and causing men to abandon their current relationships, which is something I never see discussed.

So maybe we can discuss it here.

shawntc

May 7, 2010
I think women outside the church can't be held responsible for making men lust. They don't have the Holy Spirit to convict them about such things.

For women in the church, I think they should be aware of how they dress and how they may affect the men around them. The Bible repeatedly speaks of not making fellow believers stumble (Romans 14, 1 Co. 8:13, Matthew 18:6 speaks seriously about it). Women know that men are visually stimulated. We men need to do our part, obviously. Surely it's not unreasonable to expect spiritually regenerated women to take care to not be a source of temptation for their brothers in Christ.

As for hurting and breaking relationships, I don't know if it's possible for us to track what woman causes what damage in a relationship.

Jun 22, 2013
Okay, let God deal with the world and the women in the world as He will.

I think your post is worthwhile.

U

Ugly

This again? -.-

S

ServantStrike

I didn't look for her. She just appeared. Maybe she was in the world. Maybe it was a picture on Facebook.
I saw the picture. And immediately, I was enticed. I was tempted to entertain thoughts about this woman, and consider pursuing her in some way.
Pursuing her would involve thinking about her, thinking about doing things with her, spending time interacting with her for the ultimate aim of having some sort of encounter with her.
I said no to the thoughts and put them away. But by no act of my own, the thoughts cropped up like weeds. I simply continued to say no and put them behind me.
If I were in a relationship or marriage, I would have abandoned thoughts of my current relationship and focused on this woman in the place of where my current partner should have been.

I made a post on Facebook about Mysoginy and the attitude of men towards women that touches on this:
https://www.facebook.com/bleenko/posts/10201189294002613

I made another post about this same thing:
https://www.facebook.com/bleenko/posts/10201200089832502

Should women be aware of how they present themselves and how this will affect men?
Will they be held accountable for broken marriages, ended relationships, rampant lust, and sexual sin simply because of how they chose to dress?

I know that it's hotly debated about rape, and about how women dress and responsibility.

But I'm talking about just causing men to lust, and causing men to abandon their current relationships, which is something I never see discussed.

So maybe we can discuss it here.
I don't think you're using the term misogyny quite correctly. Misogyny is a hatred of woemen.

But yeah, while this has been debated to death, I guess it's still a valid topic. There are women within the church who will take heed, there are others who will become offended and staunchly defend their right to dress however they feel like dressing, and there are still others who will try and turn the tables on you and say that they are already doing this, what's wrong with you - you disgusting pig, stop looking.

Somewhere in the fabled middle ground there are still a few men and women who will talk together like responsible adults and learn from one another.