Should you stay at a hotel with ghosts?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Doodle_Fossil

hmm but if so then what the heck did I see in the hallway?

K

keshka

This thread amuses me.

Just because we believe in Jesus, it doesn't mean we have to believe in everything else, too!

If you want to stay at a hotel, then stay there. Non-existent ghosts (most likely invented by the hoteliers to drum up a bit of ghost-tourism) are not forbidden by the Bible!

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
I think there is some debate about that. Catholics look to....oh man I think it is Corinthians 3:12-15 to say there is some evidence of purgatory.
Jesus died to pay the penalty for our sins. Jesus suffered for our sins so that we could be delivered from suffering. To say that we must also suffer for our sins is to say that Jesus’ suffering was insufficient. To say that we must atone for our sins by cleansing in Purgatory is to deny the sufficiency of the atoning sacrifice of Jesus (1 John 2:2). The idea that we have to suffer for our sins after death is contrary to everything the Bible says about salvation. There is nothing we can personally do to be worthy. We have filthy rags. So, this purgatory belief is untrue and not in the bible at all.

The passage (1 Cor 3:12-15) is using an illustration of things going through fire as a description of believers’ works being judged. If our works are of good quality “gold, sliver, costly stones,” they will pass through the fire unharmed, and we will be rewarded for them. If our works are of poor quality “wood, hay, and straw,” they will be consumed by the fire, and there will be no reward. The passage does not say that believers pass through the fire, but rather that a believer’s works pass through the fire. 1 Cor 3:15 refers to the believer “escaping through the flames,” not “being cleansed by the flames.”

(By the way, the works of a believer are not good deeds to earn their way to heaven - they are the good works given to them from the Holy Spirit. There are rewards in heaven for those who were willing to surrender and do good works for the Lord while living down here on the earth)

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
I think there is some debate about that
P.S. As I said, purgatory was a belief that began in Pagan Babylon. Research Nimrod and Babylon, and you'll see that many wrong traditions and beliefs originated from there. Purgatory was a Pagan belief. The 'whore of Babylon' described in the bible is the religion which has now brought back these Pagan beliefs in today's world. They should've been buried for good.